• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Future for Pelfreybilt

My small attempt at levity in the face of a heinous act that fucked over a guy I really like. They butt fucked Mike and that makes me sad. Everyone else, also sad for you folks as well.

This. Mike was one of the most professional sales managers I've ever seen. Dude went above and beyond to satisfy customers. When I found out they let him go is when I filed my chargeback.

This is insane I will be taking off all my pelfrey stickers and so on tomorrow morning. I personally had a great experience buying from them but that was a ways before this... they almost got me with the HC rear with swing out though. ? I really hope you guys bring this to a legal issue and something can be done. As for @mh.meier i really want to beleive you didn’t know about any this before you gave me those quotes and hope you get picked up by an amazing company for your future endeavors ?? until then I guess I’m in the market for a HC rear haha.

Also savage with the memes

Hey guys, so I wanna be able to help. I am willing to give my Pelfrey ifs and mid skid so someone that got fleeced here. I know it wont make anyone whole but I know that there are some of you on here that cant afford to take that big of a loss without anything to show for it so this is my effort to help soften the blow a little

Hey man I’m interested in buying your mid skid.

This is definitely the way things should be done but as it would appear, Pelfrey accepted payment well in advance and only produced a very small handful of product.

Additionally and I am working on obtaining proof, but I have reports that pelfrey charged someone's card YESTERDAY 4 grand... Yesterday, a day after they filed BK.
Yeah. That’s blatantly criminal. Knowing full and well the company or owners of the company have already initiated chapter 7. Basically theft.

This is definitely the way things should be done but as it would appear, Pelfrey accepted payment well in advance and only produced a very small handful of product.

Additionally and I am working on obtaining proof, but I have reports that pelfrey charged someone's card YESTERDAY 4 grand... Yesterday, a day after they filed BK.
:eek:

When things come to fruition let me know and I'll talk about it on my YouTube channel.

As an FYI, there is another vendor on here, to which will stay anonymous right now, that will be working to help in the efforts to raise funds to help in reimbursing those who lost in this deal.

Conversations are ongoing and ideas are being discussed. Will update as I know more

Anyone on here popular on Pirate4x4? Or any other forums? I’ve only seen this here and TW.... Should cross post to as many places as possible... I’m not registered on there, just a lurker, so I’m not a good candidate...

5AF815AF-F208-4B43-A3B7-D1E35091AA27.png

I'm not so upset about getting stiffed on the fuse panel, but I had based project on their battery cage so now not only did I lose my money, but all my electrical system plans are out of wack. Anyone have any good suggestions for a battery cage that goes in a 2nd gen taco? There's an old rule in business/manufacturing which is that you shouldn't sell something that you don't have or won't have soon. If you can't deliver stop taking payment and start a wait list...

Can someone send me the dimensions or a drawing of their fuse panel? I'm going to try to make my own out of ABS now.

I'm not so upset about getting stiffed on the fuse panel, but I had based project on their battery cage so now not only did I lose my money, but all my electrical system plans are out of wack. Anyone have any good suggestions for a battery cage that goes in a 2nd gen taco? There's an old rule in business/manufacturing which is that you shouldn't sell something that you don't have or won't have soon. If you can't deliver stop taking payment and start a wait list...

Can someone send me the dimensions or a drawing of their fuse panel? I'm going to try to make my own out of ABS now.
Contact SDHQ tomorrow, and see if they have a battery cage that will work for your plans

Damn I just caught up with their drama. Really sucks for those people and the more I read into this the more it seems like they saw this coming from a mile away and didn't do anything about it. I've never bought anything but I will say the experience I've had was good. I had a used part I got from another TW member and it didn't have the right nuts to connect it. Tyler saw the post of me asking where to get the parts, he messaged me, sent me the parts, coozie, stickers, and didn't charge me a dime. Never meet him or talked to him before that so I thought it was cool of him to do that for a stranger. I feel bad for all the people who are getting the short stick on this.

Damn I just caught up with their drama. Really sucks for those people and the more I read into this the more it seems like they saw this coming from a mile away and didn't do anything about it. I've never bought anything but I will say the experience I've had was good. I had a used part I got from another TW member and it didn't have the right nuts to connect it. Tyler saw the post of me asking where to get the parts, he messaged me, sent me the parts, coozie, stickers, and didn't charge me a dime. Never meet him or talked to him before that so I thought it was cool of him to do that for a stranger. I feel bad for all the people who are getting the short stick on this.

Yeah man, absolute shit situation for sure. BUT, there isn't the slightest chance in the world that they did not see this coming, yet still took orders/customer money which is wrong in every way. Furthermore, with this being their 3rd Chapter 7, it only validates what I just said. No doubt they were "nice" people, until they took money knowing that they would be completely unable to hold up their end of the bargain.

At this point I just feel bad for those who lost money in this. Not everyone has "fuck you" money to throw at these mods so losing out on a few thousands bucks no doubt stings to a lot of folks. That is money they worked hard for, saved and put their faith in a vendor with. It will have a ripple effect with other vendors which sucks for them.

Totally agree they fucked people. Sucks because they've always had a good rep.

Last edited:
Totally agree they fucked people. Sucks because they've always had a good rep.
Yeah, we've all seen it before numerous times on TW, but this one was surprising because of their apparent size and level of involvement with the community. And that list of 600+ customers and creditors isn't even complete because I know at least two of us who placed preorders aren't on that list.

And as bad as it is to lose time and money on shit like this, imagine what Mike is going through. He literally just moved there a couple weeks before unexpectedly losing his job. And then they made him sign an NDA, presumably just so he would get paid what they owed him. What a shame.

Last edited:
Yeah, we've all seen it before numerous times on TW, but this one was surprising because of their apparent size and level of involvement with the community. And that list of 600+ customers and creditors isn't even complete because I know at least two people who placed orders and aren't on that list.

And as bad as it is to lose money on some shit like this, imagine what Mike is going through. He literally just moved there a couple weeks before unexpectedly losing his job. And then they made him sign an NDA, presumably just so he would get paid what they owed him. What a shame.

I feel super bad for Mike. He's a great guy and doesn't deserve this crap.

Navy Federal just sent me a message and they are looking into my dispute will be responding by mail 7-10 business days! I was hoping for something a little more defining . Will have to wait and see!

Let me know if there is anything that we can do. We don't make the same products, but if there is anything I can do to help anyone from the Idaho /PNW area affected by the situation, let me know.
Not affected by the situation, but what part of Idaho are you guys from? Idaho is home but I’ve been stationed in SoCal for the last 10+ years

Back