• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Future for Pelfreybilt

Also guys, @hellppy was generous enough to also offer up his aluminum skids for free too in a effort to help the community.

So, for those of you who made orders and either did not get a product or wont get a refund, please PM me and let's see what we can do to help you out.
Yep, I will donate my front and mid skids to anyone who got burned by Pelfreybilt. As @JerryTaco2.0 said, for those of you who made orders and either did not get a product or won't be getting a refund, please PM him or even me, and we'll see what we can do to work it out. My skids are only a few months old and in great condition.

It pisses me off to know that I've given this company my money in the past few months when I'm certain they knew this was coming. Miraculously, I received my skids in about 4 weeks after I ordered them. It's even worse that they've been taking money from people up until very recently who will lose their deposits, or in some cases full payment, and never see a finished product. This obviously isn't something that happens overnight. Some people can take the hit, but others can't and have to save for months for some of the products they were expecting to see one day, only to get fucked by these fucks. It's a shame that there are people like this embedded in these tight knit communities like T3G and others.

Yep, I will donate my front and mid skids to anyone who got burned by Pelfreybilt. As @JerryTaco2.0 said, for those of you who made orders and either did not get a product or won't be getting a refund, please PM him or even me, and we'll see what we can do to work it out. My skids are only a few months old and in great condition.

It pisses me off to know that I've given this company my money in the past few months when I'm certain they knew this was coming. Miraculously, I received my skids in about 4 weeks after I ordered them. It's even worse that they've been taking money from people up until very recently who will lose their deposits, or in some cases full payment, and never see a finished product. This obviously isn't something that happens overnight. Some people can take the hit, but others can't and have to save for months for some of the products they were expecting to see one day, only to get fucked by these fucks. It's a shame that there are people like this embedded in these tight knit communities like T3G and others.

So awesome to see the off-road community helping each other out. Definitely a different breed of people. ??

has anyone seen this?
Screenshot_20180909-161055_Samsung Internet.jpg
@Bird dog Not sure if this applies to you, but thought I would point it out just in case. Good luck to you and all the others who got shorted.

Navy Federal just sent me a message and they are looking into my dispute will be responding by mail 7-10 business days! I was hoping for something a little more defining . Will have to wait and see!
I've disputed stuff with Navy Fed before. They have always been good, and use the standard line of getting back to you. Got my fingers crossed for you and everyone else, but I would feel good knowing you used Navy Fed.

my bank, a credit union was all "nah bro, get fucked. Try and resolve your shit with them"

To which I replied "them dont exist anymore"

They were all, "shit sucks man. Anything else we can help you with today?

my bank, a credit union was all "nah bro, get fucked. Try and resolve your shit with them"

To which I replied "them dont exist anymore"

They were all, "shit sucks man. Anything else we can help you with today?
Shit sucks man.

Got me thinkin, I wonder it the 3rd gen dual swing out prototype actual existed? I cant find a single person that has actually seen it, or seen anything other than the rendering.

What's crazy to me, is that after talking to several manufacturers, not a single one would accept payment if they didnt have an actual part in production. I know pelfrey happily took pre orders on a part that presumably didnt exist and what's even more disturbing is that they were sayingthat they had a working prototype.

Just kinda shows that they knowingly and wilfully fucked errrrryone

Shit sucks man.

Got me thinkin, I wonder it the 3rd gen dual swing out prototype actual existed? I cant find a single person that has actually seen it, or seen anything other than the rendering.

What's crazy to me, is that after talking to several manufacturers, not a single one would accept payment if they didnt have an actual part in production. I know pelfrey happily took pre orders on a part that presumably didnt exist and what's even more disturbing is that they were sayingthat they had a working prototype.

You know it is what it is. On another note, were gonna just completely modify my high clearance and make a swing out. fuck it. I'll order the hinge assemble and a striker/locking mechanism. I already started asking my fab dude about doing it. I might cardboard prototype it them get to building.

If the front bumper is ever worth anything maybe i'll drop it and get CBI's.

Navy Fed is awesome. I had 12k charged to my credit card by someone in Texas who stole my identity and went on a Walmart shopping spree when I was a broke LCpl with a family and they took care of me.
ouch. HEY! we never got to hang out and wheel when i was in SOCAL! I hit the trails with the guy "Berjajas" on IG.. hes rolling around in a Red DCLB in 29 palms.. 1st Tanks guy. You seen't him?

Shit sucks man.

well my homie @Coop907 on IG got his money back yesterday. Hit him up if you got questions on his process.

For the guys that did get money back, or are looking a high clearance rear, i'm trying to gather support for a relentless fab rear bumper with the tail light guards. They only make them with the guards in sets of 10. Not sure on the lead time, but at least they actually make the bumper. Wish I would've gone with relentless from the get go.

Now that it’s been said
I wonder also if they even had a working prototype because we never even saw a teaser of it

ouch. HEY! we never got to hang out and wheel when i was in SOCAL! I hit the trails with the guy "Berjajas" on IG.. hes rolling around in a Red DCLB in 29 palms.. 1st Tanks guy. You seen't him?
Sorry dude! I’m a Chief at one of the entry level schools so these kids keep my busy anyway. I don’t get a lot of free time lol. I may have seen the tanks dude but there are a few nice Tacos out here.

Now that it’s been said
I wonder also if they even had a working prototype because we never even saw a teaser of it
I highly doubt it. They didn't even have a physical prototype of their new-style standard rear that was supposedly coming. Mike sent me pictures about 2 weeks before the shit hit the fan of a truck that was in the shop for mock-up, but he went silent after that and I doubt anything was ever done with it. I'm just thankful I lost nothing but time, because Mike had me hook line and sinker (not that this is in any way on Mike... he was just doing his job and probably got fucked worse than anyone else that I'm aware of).

I highly doubt it. They didn't even have a physical prototype of their new-style standard rear that was supposedly coming. Mike sent me pictures about 2 weeks before the shit hit the fan of a truck that was in the shop for mock-up, but he went silent after that and I doubt anything was ever done with it. I'm just thankful I lost nothing but time, because Mike had me hook line and sinker (not that this is in any way on Mike... he was just doing his job and probably got fucked worse than anyone else that I'm aware of).
He sold his place in flag to move out there for them and then got laid off

Which blows
Did you ever get a new bumper
Yeah it totally blows. I think he got screwed worse than anyone.

No, I was holding out for that new Pelfrey rear and now I'm not quite sure what to do. Considering a Relentless, but I don't really need a H/C. I'll probably end up with either a CBI or RCI standard rear.

Yeah it totally blows. I think he got screwed worse than anyone.

No, I was holding out for that new Pelfrey rear and now I'm not quite sure what to do. Considering a Relentless, but I don't really need a H/C. I'll probably end up with either a CBI or RCI standard rear.
Go balls out and get a hc with swing out

You know it is what it is. On another note, were gonna just completely modify my high clearance and make a swing out. fuck it. I'll order the hinge assemble and a striker/locking mechanism. I already started asking my fab dude about doing it. I might cardboard prototype it them get to building.

If the front bumper is ever worth anything maybe i'll drop it and get CBI's.
Hey man if you do part ways with the bumper please let me know. Do you have pictures of it?

Sorry dude! I’m a Chief at one of the entry level schools so these kids keep my busy anyway. I don’t get a lot of free time lol. I may have seen the tanks dude but there are a few nice Tacos out here.
comm school!!?? if thats where u at.. u know that big head guy Madrigal??

Well just received my letter reporting the Tyler ,Satan Chapter 7 309A Form (For Individuals or Joint Debtors) Informing me i cannot take any action from Debtor ! Come on Navy Federal don't let me down!

Hey guys, Billy with Brute Force here. I'm sorry for what most of you have been going through with this whole Pelfrey shit show but I'd like to extend a 15% discount to all the guys that were screwed over. It's the least I can do to help out the Toyota community.

Hey guys, Billy with Brute Force here. I'm sorry for what most of you have been going through with this whole Pelfrey shit show but I'd like to extend a 15% discount to all the guys that were screwed over. It's the least I can do to help out the Toyota community.
I wasn't aware you guys made any 3rd Gen products? Did you recently start offering some?

Back