• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

yesterday, i had a tailgate party. added bed lights, and installed the pop and lock tailgate lock.

lights took about 10 minutes. lock took maybe 15 minutes to install and about an hour fishing the wire to the back of the truck and zip tying along the way. i have big hands and that part was not fun. knuckles are pretty scraped up. it works great. now i don't have to keep that key rattling around in the cup holder.

you may have to reload this or search for theaters near you, but definitely going to this
1694659232996.png

NO WAY!!!!! That would be awesome to this in theaters.

yesterday, i had a tailgate party. added bed lights, and installed the pop and lock tailgate lock.

lights took about 10 minutes. lock took maybe 15 minutes to install and about an hour fishing the wire to the back of the truck and zip tying along the way. i have big hands and that part was not fun. knuckles are pretty scraped up. it works great. now i don't have to keep that key rattling around in the cup holder.
running the cable back was the hardest part for me too and a pain - don't try when things are still hot underneath

I was for some reason surprised to see the heat shield wrapped cabling visible on my passenger side

waiting for my quidlauncher switch which is tracking to arrive Saturday

hopefully will be in a theater near you, check it out
Yes it will be! Also went with the decal instead of plate cover.

Attachments

• 71641514429__D78F5A13-0294-4676-8B40-8EFA7F9F4B16.jpeg
    71641514429__D78F5A13-0294-4676-8B40-8EFA7F9F4B16.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 74
Thanks! I just hope the next time I go to the dealer they won’t blindly peel this off and put theirs back on. 😂
they better not!

I always tell dealers to take off their stuff or not bother putting it on including their license plate frame

I told the dealer I just got my truck from to not install the front license plate bracket since I know sometimes have to drill the bumper

Last edited:
1694876638688.png

1694876749898.png

got some of this and put it on my door edges which I think goes pretty good with the black body color - I had some kind of clear on my '17 metallic gray that worked pretty well and may go with something like that to at least try to make sure it does not stand out too much on black

also, removed the OEM TRD Off Road 4x4 decals and replaced with die cut from Taco Vinyl though I had to specifically request die cut since what they usually do is the full decal similar to OEM

1694876952295.png

1694877000099.png

trying to put the STATLER TOYOTA decal on, but the letters keep sticking to the white backing rather than the clear for application

tried warming it some with a blow dryer and still not coming off well

okay, got the lettering to peel off after trying the blow dryer again and some back and forth peeling along with patience

1694881012536.png

matte black on black body color

kudos to this seller who supported me and stood behind the product if I was not able to get it to peel

he also has Larusso Auto Group decals and some BTTF replica items
1694881141323.png

15,000 (14,600) oil change day.
First one with the TRD Skid Plate,.... It was easier than removing the stock plate.

Did the first change at 1000 then at every 5000.
I do not qualify for the 10,000-mile club! Not many people do,

15,000 (14,600) oil change day.
First one with the TRD Skid Plate,.... It was easier than removing the stock plate.

Did the first change at 1000 then at every 5000.
I do not qualify for the 10,000-mile club! Not many people do,
what is the 10,000 mile club other than having 10k miles?

completed the OEM bed light installation since my squidlauncher switch came in today

guess I should have checked to see if my truck had the 2nd relay because it ended up having it even though I bought one

X Men Facepalm GIF

what is the 10,000 mile club other than having 10k miles?

completed the OEM bed light installation since my squidlauncher switch came in today

guess I should have checked to see if my truck had the 2nd relay because it ended up having it even though I bought one

X Men Facepalm GIF
10K miles
Change the oil every 5,000.
Somehow somewhere somebody started this 10,000-mile oil change idea, "the dealer"
Toyota master mechanic - I started it at the point of interest,,,,,, check out his Tacoma videos
Source: https://youtu.be/xdNCnYHhEm8?t=197

okay, got the lettering to peel off after trying the blow dryer again and some back and forth peeling along with patience

1694881012536.png

matte black on black body color

kudos to this seller who supported me and stood behind the product if I was not able to get it to peel

he also has Larusso Auto Group decals and some BTTF replica items
1694881141323.png
I saw the TRD bed decals on another color and was curious how they looked on black. They look nice and subtle! Now that I’ve seen yours I’ll have to replace mine now! I bought the white BTTF dealer decal. Love the LARUSSO auto group one.

Attachments

• 71641514429__D78F5A13-0294-4676-8B40-8EFA7F9F4B16.jpeg
    71641514429__D78F5A13-0294-4676-8B40-8EFA7F9F4B16.jpeg
    177.9 KB · Views: 67
MESO Steering Wheel Control Fix installed yesterday. The proper button orientation + the tactile feel of this is so nice with the extra indents so there's no guesswork in what button you're pressing. Very painless install but using a magnet to pull the T25's out of the airbag after unbolting helps a ton with having it release for an easy removal. Also put some felt tape between the steering wheel and trim to get rid of the plasticky creaking noise it had.

[IMG]

Extended post in build thread: https://tacoma3g.com/threads/drizzohs-build-thread.13423/page-5#post-95518

I saw the TRD bed decals on another color and was curious how they looked on black. They look nice and subtle! Now that I’ve seen yours I’ll have to replace mine now! I bought the white BTTF dealer decal. Love the LARUSSO auto group one.
you may (or may not) want to specify by contacting the seller that you want matte black as the black he usually has may be glossy

I really like how mine turned out too!

you may (or may not) want to specify by contacting the seller that you want matte black as the black he usually has may be glossy

I really like how mine turned out too!
Thanks, I will do that.

Finally got around to installing the recovery boards and a shackle. Really happy with the results.

Attachments

• IMG_9161.jpeg
    IMG_9161.jpeg
    123.8 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9159.jpeg
    IMG_9159.jpeg
    73.4 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_9151.jpeg
    IMG_9151.jpeg
    149.4 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_9150.jpeg
    IMG_9150.jpeg
    259.8 KB · Views: 52
looking for some nice rings for the front of my truck

why so many sets of mirror signals?
He's had his truck for a while and keeps upgrading to new & improved options.
What he said. Lol.

Got stuff as soon as they came out when 3G parts were getting more popular.
Recently as the 3G is coming to an end, all the nicer well thought out stuff is coming out. Wish it was available in the beginning.

First I started with the early MESO's with just the full blink option. When they first came out and didn't look as smooth.
Then I went with another brand since they had the sequential option. But it was a rebrand by a good vendor but still super Chinese generic.
Then onto the Morimoto's since they had the full robust looking light with sequential. Since Morimoto err'thang. Figured it would match the headlights better.
1695671038004.png

Now the MESO V5's, since I want the corny DRL's. I always had a think for switchbacks.

@drizzoh Thinks my shitbox will look like a spaceship. I'm just trying to abduct him to use the v3 Probe. The first 2 were too soft or small. ;)

Last edited:
Finally got around to get the volume fix from Meso installed, should have been like his from the factory but oh well putting Meso's kids through college pretty much.

Attachments

• tempImage3iCC6y.png
    tempImage3iCC6y.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 53
  • tempImageh6GDBi.png
    tempImageh6GDBi.png
    1 MB · Views: 61
Back