• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Got my lift and tires put on. Readylift 3” level lift, RC 1.5” spacers, 285/75/16 wildpeaks

IMG_9347.jpeg

Is that 1.5" spacer blocks in the rear or you stacked 1.5" onto the front?

Dude at work asked if I wanted some molle panels for the bed and center console. He gave me every panel Cali raised makes for free, pretty much brand new. Wasn’t going to say no to that lol. He insisted he wanted no money 🤷🏼‍♂️. Just need to source a little hardware.

IMG_9311.jpeg
T-Nut sets on Amazon would be a good start.

Today was TOYO AT III's 65's on the 17" Stock wheels.
Never going to rub,.... anywhere.
XL Rated (reenforced tread / sidewalls) - 11 pounds lighter than the E's and 1 pound lighter than the larger side wall 70's
1691090552856.png

1691090502574.png

Smooth ride and not very loud on the road.........and a 65,000-mile warranty!
1691090045378.png

Attachments

• 1691090457313.png
    1691090457313.png
    46 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
Today was TOYO AT III's 65's on the 17" Stock wheels.
Never going to rub,.... anywhere.
XL Rated (reenforced tread / sidewalls) - 11 pounds lighter than the E's and 1 pound lighter than the larger side wall 70's
1691090552856.png

1691090502574.png

Smooth ride and not very loud on the road.........and a 65,000-mile warranty!
1691090045378.png
What did you have before? Does fuel economy improve?

Debadged the Taco and got rid off the TRD-Offroad sticker too.

Attachments

• IMG_7805.jpg
    IMG_7805.jpg
    233.9 KB · Views: 73
Today was Heritage Day!
Taco Vinyl comes thru,.... all you see here came in one box packaged very well.
Gotta give the Shout Out to Taco Vinyl because of too many BS companies on the internet today.

Fit perfect,.. well-made and no TSS issues and a 15 minute easy install.
Before - After (and TSS Dash Shot) (couple extras!)
1691514888136.png

1691514985131.png

No TSS issues
1691515050593.png

1691757086871.png

TRD "Red"
1691515224033.png

Attachments

• 1691515123465.png
    1691515123465.png
    415.9 KB · Views: 96
Last edited:
What did you have before? Does fuel economy improve?
OEM TOYO A30's
Same size as these and the gas mileage has not changed,.... same performance off the line.
The difference is the "feel" you can tell they are stronger sidewalls BUT thats a good thing.,... rides just as smooth but handles potholes alot better.

Didn't do it today, but the other week I took the truck to Sam's Club to pick up my online order. Parked and waited. This kid came out with my stuff with a smile and said my truck is really clean. Pretty sure he was 'mirin. Asked if my wheels were real. Lol. Wheel snob life. He told me his Tacoma was parked over in the other lot and how he had hit a deer. He was missing the lower trim of the bumper.

After work, I wondered if mine was still around. I have a collection of stock parts in my tiny ass garage. Always thinking of how to get rid of stuff and collect a couple bucks. I checked and saw it was there. Figured I'd just give it to him. Threw it in the truck bed. Now to figure out how to get a hold of him. Would be weird to call in and ask their Customer Service about this dude. 2 days later I drove out there to get gas luckily the Tacoma was there.

Left the trim cover on the tonneau cover and left a note with my number. Figured it would be cool to find someone to talk Tacomas and recommended this forum. He hit me up and I offered him the crash bar if he needed it. I'll admit, I'm guilty or trying to give away the stuff sitting around. Lol.

After typing this out, I realize my honest intentions might appear creepy. I just wanted to get an item out of the garage.

Didn't do it today, but the other week I took the truck to Sam's Club to pick up my online order. Parked and waited. This kid came out with my stuff with a smile and said my truck is really clean. Pretty sure he was 'mirin. Asked if my wheels were real. Lol. Wheel snob life. He told me his Tacoma was parked over in the other lot and how he had hit a deer. He was missing the lower trim of the bumper.

After work, I wondered if mine was still around. I have a collection of stock parts in my tiny ass garage. Always thinking of how to get rid of stuff and collect a couple bucks. I checked and saw it was there. Figured I'd just give it to him. Threw it in the truck bed. Now to figure out how to get a hold of him. Would be weird to call in and ask their Customer Service about this dude. 2 days later I drove out there to get gas luckily the Tacoma was there.

Left the trim cover on the tonneau cover and left a note with my number. Figured it would be cool to find someone to talk Tacomas and recommended this forum. He hit me up and I offered him the crash bar if he needed it. I'll admit, I'm guilty or trying to give away the stuff sitting around. Lol.

After typing this out, I realize my honest intentions might appear creepy. I just wanted to get an item out of the garage.
If you had good intentions from the beginning it’s not creepy at all. Just doing something nice for someone else, not a lot of that happens in the world anymore. Kudos!

Good for you,
maybe the Kid will learn that helping others and complimenting them goes a long way.

He was probably trying to figure how he was going to come up with the money and get it fixed anyway.
Now he needs to just get it fixed,.... half his problem is solved.

Replaced the grille today. Love the turnout.

Attachments

• 71348605385__A0A39374-9B88-407D-BBE0-A1E6954CF4EB.jpeg
    71348605385__A0A39374-9B88-407D-BBE0-A1E6954CF4EB.jpeg
    228.9 KB · Views: 70
Where did you order it from,..... how long to receive it??
What year is your truck,..... TSS sensor working as normal??
Tacogarage. I did a lot of research before ordering it, since it seems to be a lot of bad ones out there.

My truck is 2023, It took me a week to receive. Came well packaged and secured. The only thing loose was the “Y” on Toyota but that was just an easy tightening with a screwdriver.

TSS is working perfectly, easy transfer from the old grille to this one.

Cheers!

Good deal,.... must of had it ready to go,... mine took a couple weeks.
They told me it would take a while when I ordered it because there was a lot of people ahead of me and its first come first served.
Worth the wait though,....

I have the 2022, glad I got a pre '24 model as the growing pains with the new version (engines/chassis) is sure to happen with them.
But thats progress as they say...... but yeah.

Today was upgrade paper speakers day!

Attachments

• IMG_8165.jpeg
    IMG_8165.jpeg
    410.4 KB · Views: 73
This was a bit surprising,... about to hit the 15,000 mile mark and figured I get the easy stuff done, air-filters.

I just installed the TRD intake and filter so it was sweet clean but so was the paper OEM I took out not so long ago.
BUT the in-cab filter (behind the glove box) had leaves - dirt - dust at a fairly good amount.

Being in the fender/wheel well keeps a lot of stuff off the air filter,
but the cabin filter pulls from just behind the hood under the wipers.
Glad I checked it, next time it will be a 5000-mile check as this affects the a/c flow on fresh air intake.

I figured this would be the complete opposite in a dirt competition between the two filters.

Did this about a month ago, I really like this Rago mount system and the Tinker Designs shift knob.

Attachments

• IMG_9850.jpeg
    IMG_9850.jpeg
    255.4 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_0003.jpeg
    IMG_0003.jpeg
    211.3 KB · Views: 72
If you had good intentions from the beginning it’s not creepy at all. Just doing something nice for someone else, not a lot of that happens in the world anymore. Kudos!
Good for you,
maybe the Kid will learn that helping others and complimenting them goes a long way.

He was probably trying to figure how he was going to come up with the money and get it fixed anyway.
Now he needs to just get it fixed,.... half his problem is solved.

Yeah. We texted a few times. So it wasn't creepy. Lol.

Way nice of you dude. Hopefully it was the same truck though 😅

Put the SNS Design ABS Sensor guards on the front (have the steel Archive's in the rear) the other day but they're so stealth mode they don't even show up in a picture. I do feel a little better about protecting something that is super unlikely to get damaged - but if I didn't I would 10/10 do something to break one.

Finally tinted the windows.
The Tacoma rear windows are "smoked glass" at 28% from the factory, its pigmented into the glass. No removing that one.

Front tint addition is a must in the Sun States,...
Our Toyota dealer here in Florida actually tints every vehicle on the lot at 35% as soon as they come off the truck for prep.
Great sales bump.........., No time wasted to get it done and no waiting a day to roll down the windows.

If the customer does not want it ,.......... 5 minutes later its off.

Today I did the suggested "A/C Drain mod" and finally completed the Meso Customs black out kit, I had to purchase each set from so many vendors just to piece it all together! Love the outcome and no more chrome!!

Attachments

• IMG_8377.jpg
    IMG_8377.jpg
    181.1 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_8383.jpg
    IMG_8383.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_8384.jpg
    IMG_8384.jpg
    173.8 KB · Views: 76
vacuumed the interior after having my truck a little over a week and my all-weather floormats came in to the stealership

also, an exterior wash

Attachments

• IMG_8505.jpg
    IMG_8505.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 60
I did the same thing today except I used the ARB Kit. Also, did my first engine oil change at 1K for the engine break in period just for safe of mind.
ARB has a filter in the unit if I remember correctly, nice job!

YES, the 1000-mile break-in oil change is a once in a truck's lifetime opportunity!
It only comes once,... miss it and you can never go back. ............... Smart decision.

Today I did the suggested "A/C Drain mod" and finally completed the Meso Customs black out kit, I had to purchase each set from so many vendors just to piece it all together! Love the outcome and no more chrome!!
what is the A/C drain mod?

Back