• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

installed the AVS ventshades and swapped license plate frame for the below

1693011329076.png

(not a picture of it on my truck :cool: )

ordered bed cover and tailgate lock actuator kit

what is the A/C drain mod?

Basically the A/C drain on the engine bay falls right into the frame causing it to rust over time, the fix is a simple hose and clamps to basically extend the drainage and redirect it.

1693011329076.png

Florida has such cool plates, kinda jelly!

have not looked at the threads, but what is the purpose for doing this?
The front differential & actuator have raised vent lines to the engine compartment to an elevation of top of shock height.
The transmission - transfer case & actuator have raised vent lines up on the top of the bell housing in the engine compartment.
The rear differential (and actuator if locking diff equipped) stock vent (breather) is mounted on the differential,, it is not raised.

WHY is an unknown,, engineers must have taken lunch early that day,............
it is directly on top of the differential at an elevation of 18" above ground.

If you launch a boat it will probably be under water, an axle high water crossing could cover it..........................
It should have been elevated at least to equal the rest of the breather vent designs,..... you would think.
But hey its an easy job and it cost less than $30 bucks using bought store products.

Most of all it keeps water out of the differential that is on a 4X4 truck,.....
Hey Toyota, your phones ringing...... with a stupid question.

I installed the quickfix seat risers from MrProduxn. I gotta say I didn’t think it would be a huge difference but boy am I glad to be wrong. The black magic is amazing on these. Get yourself a pair.

Communication was spot on and shipping didn’t take long at all. Everything came well packaged and secured, install was a breeze and once you install the covers you cannot really tell they are there. Overall, A++++

Attachments

• IMG_8646.jpeg
    IMG_8646.jpeg
    143.4 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_8638.jpeg
    IMG_8638.jpeg
    149.7 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_8644.jpeg
    IMG_8644.jpeg
    172.9 KB · Views: 75
  • IMG_8643.jpeg
    IMG_8643.jpeg
    239.6 KB · Views: 63
  • IMG_8641.jpeg
    IMG_8641.jpeg
    191.4 KB · Views: 64
yesterday:

RAV4 knobs
Access Vanish tonneau bed cover

We (Florida) have 150 "specialty plates" you can pick from OR just get the OG with the orange.
I'm in Texas and we have quite a selection of plates also though I am going to go for something black rather than the standard white background because reasons lol

I'm in Texas and we have quite a selection of plates also though I am going to go for something black rather than the standard white background because reasons lol
Get a specialty named plate,. see if TOYOTA is available,... LOL
or

Get a specialty named plate,. see if TOYOTA is available,... LOL
or
I have one in mind that I will reveal once I am able to get it. TOYOTA, TOYODA, TACOMA and TACO are all taken and I even checked MASTACO out of curiosity haha

How much did you pay for the knobs? Been trying to find a good deal
this is the auction and I have ended up buying several items from them including from their website directly for 14.33 each and they will combine shipping of ordered through Ebay which is less than on their website

(NOTE: they are sold individually)

Last edited:
yesterday:

RAV4 knobs
Access Vanish tonneau bed cover
forgot I put the Tacoma OEM door sill protectors on also

are there recommended door edge protection to avoid chipping paint on my door or damage to someone else's vehicle?

okay, mostly concerned about my truck . .

Predator Rails
By Toyota

Attachments

• 1693789348388.png
    1693789348388.png
    112.3 KB · Views: 61
ScreenProTech film for gauge cluster, screen and next to shift knob

considering the pillar protection, but may ask them if they could do anything for access cab so I do not have extra material I do not need

put these letters on my glovebox which was so much more of a pain than I expected

1694194011829.png

yes, I do see the first A needs to be redone

they sent double the lettering needed on the sheet, but some of them did not want to peel off as easily than others which is probably why they provide double

put these letters on my glovebox which was so much more of a pain than I expected

1694194011829.png

yes, I do see the first A needs to be redone

they sent double the lettering needed on the sheet, but some of them did not want to peel off as easily than others which is probably why they provide double
I have the Black-Red theme on a White Truck,.... red was a good fit for mine.
Install is very easy as they are thick they stick out about 1 mm,..... they feel and look very nice (gloss)
1694195751565.png

I have the raised letters great product UV resistant and MANY colors to choose from.
They cost a bit more but worth it.

More

thank you, I ran across those AFTER ordering the other lettering which were also super cheap lol

I do like the look of how yours turned out and did have red lettering in my '17 Tacoma glove box lettering when I had gotten it which were probably same as what I have now

very poorly installed, but I didn't change it haha

I thought about getting a auto tailgate lock,
But I would keep checking to see if it locked all the time,.... just to be sure.

Tailgates disappear often and are an easy target. I keep mine locked.
Manual locking means its locked! No need to see if the electric trip did the duty.

I thought about getting a auto tailgate lock,
But I would keep checking to see if it locked all the time,.... just to be sure.

Tailgates disappear often and are an easy target. I keep mine locked.
Manual locking means its locked! No need to see if the electric trip did the duty.
it makes me feel better although I feel like anyone who knew a Tacoma they are looking to steal the tailgate on had this feature may know it is just a matter of cutting the wire harnesses

still waiting for my TacoVinyl stuff to come in for some appearance changes

did the OEM bed LED lighting kit today which was really easy - still waiting for the squidlauncher switch that is on backorder

it makes me feel better although I feel like anyone who knew a Tacoma they are looking to steal the tailgate on had this feature may know it is just a matter of cutting the wire harnesses

still waiting for my TacoVinyl stuff to come in for some appearance changes

did the OEM bed LED lighting kit today which was really easy - still waiting for the squidlauncher switch that is on backorder
You will like the bed lights,
they work well by the tailgate because nothing packed in the bed can block them. Great mod.

1693011329076.png

Nice frame, where did you get it?

You will like the bed lights,
they work well by the tailgate because nothing packed in the bed can block them. Great mod.

looking forward to getting it done whenever the switch makes it to me - shipping from a company in Florida who said they would be back in the saddle last Thursday due to the hurricane so hoping everyone is okay there

Thanks. BTTF is one of my all time favorites!

you may have to reload this or search for theaters near you, but definitely going to this
1694659232996.png

Back