• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Finally got around to get the volume fix from Meso installed, should have been like his from the factory but oh well putting Meso's kids through college pretty much.
waiting for the email from them letting me know it is back in stock myself

Mounted this 30" Baja Designs S8 light bar last week on the CaliRaisedLed brackets but the wiring didn't show up until the other day, so I got it wired up this weekend. I need to angle it up a bit and rewire the backlights to go thru their own relay, but pretty happy with how it turned out. Looks really clean and subtle too.

[IMG]

Mounted this 30" Baja Designs S8 light bar last week on the CaliRaisedLed brackets but the wiring didn't show up until the other day, so I got it wired up this weekend. I need to angle it up a bit and rewire the backlights to go thru their own relay, but pretty happy with how it turned out. Looks really clean and subtle too.

[IMG]

Adjusted :D

[IMG]

Baja Design Squadron R Pocket fog lights installed. I really like how easy it is to work on this truck.

Attachments

• IMG_9469.jpeg
    IMG_9469.jpeg
    216.3 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_9488.jpeg
    IMG_9488.jpeg
    190.9 KB · Views: 72
Been spending most of my time doing Supra stuff lately, but the relay for the S8 backlighting finally showed up so I got that installed this week. I can run the backlight off its own factory-style push switch now.

DNnnL7Fh.jpg

had one of my LED bulbs in the license plate lights go out (put it in back in '15 when the truck was brand new) replaced both w/ some new dimmer VLED ones. less washout in the rear camera at night now. I guess 8 years is pretty good for a bulb.

had one of my LED bulbs in the license plate lights go out (put it in back in '15 when the truck was brand new) replaced both w/ some new dimmer VLED ones. less washout in the rear camera at night now. I guess 8 years is pretty good for a bulb.
There's a DIR cable. Disable in Reverse, it cuts out the plate lights when in reverse so there's no wash out. Definitly worth checking out.

I was getting this rattling in my truck. Couldn't figure out where it was coming from. Then I realized it was my rear view mirror. Becomes loose with the custom dashcam mount I made. Gonna just vibratite it. Then I still have to install the MESO Switchback Mirror Lights. Ughhh.

Beefed up the front bumper mounting points with 1/2 inch grade 8 hardware and 3/16 steel reinforcement plates from Overland Outfitters.
Bumper fix3.jpg
Bumper fix2.jpg
Bumper fix1.jpg
Bumper fix5.jpg

1698447796493.png

Attachments

• Bumper fix.jpg
    Bumper fix.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 50
Beefed up the front bumper mounting points with 1/2 inch grade 8 hardware and 3/16 steel reinforcement plates from Overland Outfitters.
Bumper fix3.jpg
Bumper fix2.jpg
Bumper fix1.jpg
Bumper fix5.jpg

1698447796493.png
I'm a little lost. I get what it does. But if the new bolts are there, how does the bumper fit on there? What did you fill the holes with?

I'm a little lost. I get what it does. But if the new bolts are there, how does the bumper fit on there? What did you fill the holes with?
The bumper fits exactly as before. The holes on the winch plate of my SSO bumper were large enough to allow for adjustment so the larger bolts fit without any issue. I would imagine most aftermarket bumpers would be similar.

Once the stock studs are drilled out, they are simply replaced with larger hardware that is welded in where the stock bolts were along with adding a steel plate and gussets to reinforce the bumper mounting plates.

1698537583079.png
1698538125983.png
1698538178559.png

1698539372200.png

very slow weekend but was able to install the AJT Designs oversize cup holder, the minimalist V2 key fob from Meso and the all auto window switch for all the windows. Why there’s only the front 2 from the factory baffles me.

Attachments

• IMG_0384.jpeg
    IMG_0384.jpeg
    165.4 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_0385.jpeg
    IMG_0385.jpeg
    148.8 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0395.jpeg
    IMG_0395.jpeg
    184.8 KB · Views: 54
Yesterday I fixed a speaker that was cutting in and out. Apparently I had a bad crimp from the initial install in March and it just started acting up. Good to go now.

very slow weekend but was able to install the AJT Designs oversize cup holder, the minimalist V2 key fob from Meso and the all auto window switch for all the windows. Why there’s only the front 2 from the factory baffles me.
That all-window auto switch is awesome. Is it pnp and does it auto up as well?

Yesterday I fixed a speaker that was cutting in and out. Apparently I had a bad crimp from the initial install in March and it just started acting up. Good to go now.

That all-window auto switch is awesome. Is it pnp and does it auto up as well?
Glad you figured out the speaker issue. Electrical things suck.

Yes it’s plug and play and works flawlessly. Auto down and up yes.

Glad you figured out the speaker issue. Electrical things suck.

Yes it’s plug and play and works flawlessly. Auto down and up yes.
Rad about the switch module. Will definitely have to add that to my want list.

And heck yeah d00d, lucky enough it was also the first thing I checked. Glad I don't have to replace a tweeter.

Bumper fix3.jpg
Bumper fix2.jpg
Bumper fix1.jpg
Bumper fix5.jpg

1698447796493.png
I actually did this, but I completely chopped off the frame ends and welded in new 1/4" plates, I also ground down to make them fit flush with the rest of the frame.
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-31 at 11.04.24 AM (1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-31 at 11.04.24 AM.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2023-10-31 at 11.04.25 AM.jpeg

Relocated traction control to overhead using the Meso 2 switch panel and an extension cable. I was prepared for a fight, but it wasn't bad, just a bit tedious routing the cable. Made room to add future switches although I am not sold on keeping rockers, but they are easy to connect to the KC Flex Era 3's for now. Some type of switch panel will probably be coming in the future.

1699132329772.png
1699132357083.png

1699132432341.png
1699132792533.png

1699132717691.png

Relocated traction control to overhead using the Meso 2 switch panel and an extension cable. I was prepared for a fight, but it wasn't bad, just a bit tedious routing the cable. Made room to add future switches although I am not sold on keeping rockers, but they are easy to connect to the KC Flex Era 3's for now. Some type of switch panel will probably be coming in the future.

1699132329772.png
1699132357083.png

1699132432341.png
1699132792533.png

1699132717691.png
Overhead switch looks awesome. Is the 2-switch panel pnp or did you have to cut and glue?

Overhead switch looks awesome. Is the 2-switch panel pnp or did you have to cut and glue?
100% PNP. One of the reasons I went with the 2 over the 3. Definitely have to cut and modify to fit 3.

Need one? I have the file for this.
I've found that if you sand it a little and hit it with some spray paint, it looks pretty OEM.

Far right. I hit it with a more matte liner spray. Could also make it textured if it's not too curved.
full

1699394736110.png

Back