• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Mr. and Mrs. Nobody's Quicksand DCLB

Today I did a number of things. Installed the new tires and had the alignment done again. Went with Toyo 315/70/17 MT's and immediately had rubbing everywhere. Haha. We then went ahead and removed the spacers.

Then went home and immediately started cutting and banging. Removed the entire fender liner so now my air box is exposed so it looks like I will be getting a dorkel now. ????

Then installed the S2 Pro side floods, Squadron Pro ditch lights on @ragofabrications brackets, and an RTL-S chase light. All will be wired up tomorrow, but for now it's all show.

Pics tomorrow. ?
Nice! Can’t wait to see the new stance!

Yesterday I attended the local Rigs and Coffee event. Cool meet for sure and I had a blast. Then went over to @Malcom place and installed a bunch of electrical just need to wire up a few more things and it'll be done. So far the Switch Pro, bus bar, fuse panel are wired. The Switch Pro controller is mounted in the cab. Wiring is run to the new outlet in the bed and it's powering the fridge. Still need to wire up two other light setups, but it's coming along nicely. Thanks again @Malcom!!

IMG_20190720_153054.jpg

IMG_20190720_134621.jpg

IMG_20190720_164759.jpg

IMG_20190720_164755.jpg

Flashed the newest version of OVTune (2.0 Beta) last night. Definitely drives different, dare I say better. Need more miles to test it

New post!!

Happy #fundraisingfriday everyone!!! We've got less than a week until the 2019 SD 9/11 Memorial Stair Climb and we want to make a strong showing this year of the support we've received from the offroad community. So please consider purchasing one (or more?) of our charity fundraising truck patches for $13/each, or the truck patch and the two charity patches for $26 with shipping included. ▫️
You can also make a 100% tax deductible donation by going to https://www.classy.org/fundraiser/2111904 . All funds raised through donation and patch sales go to support first responders and their families in times of crisis.

View: https://www.instagram.com/p/B1ylQolAgE4/?igshid=1l02sek656wpe

Out of curiosity with the tune and all that what sort of MPGs are you getting with the 35s? Did you regear yet?

Out of curiosity with the tune and all that what sort of MPGs are you getting with the 35s? Did you regear yet?

Haven't regeared yet. 5.29's are on order though. Without adjusting for the size difference I'm getting 11-12 mpg. So maybe a bit higher than that in reality. Need to do the math.

New goodies arrived yesterday and it's a big one!!!

IMG_20191008_144911.jpg

IMG_20191008_145045.jpg

Nitro 5.29's finally in the house. Now to schedule the install. Can't wait to see the improvement with these in the truck. Soooooo needed at this point.

Thanks @Battle Born Offroad for the killer deal ?

The wife and I are currently in Mammoth Lakes, CA for a wedding this weekend. We actually lived here for 7 years. We left due to me getting an offer for my dream job. We both miss this place incredibly much as the area is just spectacular year round.

We went for a morning cruise just outside of town and found some epic stuff.
On the left is Mammoth Mountain. To the right in the distance are the Minarets.
IMG_20191018_100033.jpg

:oops: well. Got home, made a phone call, and now I'm in a rental car. We'll see in a few days if the 5.29 hype is all it's cracked up to be. ⚙️?

Nice! youll have to give a review of the difference once you can!

I'll definitely post a legit review, but so far I'm very impressed. Toyota got it wrong from the factory

Here's some info from my 3rd leg home that some of you may be interested in. The mpg is unadjusted for tire size.

Screenshot_20191024-150501.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-151311.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-150605.jpg

Dropped the bumpers at powder coat the other day. Should be on the truck in a little over a week. Also received some new aftermarket blind spot mirrors that I'm excited to review.

Dropped the bumpers at powder coat the other day. Should be on the truck in a little over a week. Also received some new aftermarket blind spot mirrors that I'm excited to review.
Mind me asking what kind of blind spot mirrors? I've been in the market for some other than the RAV4's, Spotter's, or the cheesy stick-on's.
Either way, looking forward to your review.

Mind me asking what kind of blind spot mirrors? I've been in the market for some other than the RAV4's, Spotter's, or the cheesy stick-on's.
Either way, looking forward to your review.

They're the Spotter's. Hopefully they'll work out. Haven't installed yet. Focused on the bumper now.

Lots of new stuff on the truck. Recently installed C4 Fabrications front and rear bumpers and am selling my shell on the 6th. Once the shell is gone I'll be picking up a new camper setup about a week later if all goes well. ?

Well, we just arrived in Bend, Oregon and tomorrow we pick up our new camper setup! We've been on the road for two and a half days straight. We sold our shell on the 6th, jumped on the road and stayed with family in LA that night. Then drove north 8+ hours and stayed with a friend in Redding last night. This mooring we got up early and hit the road for Oregon. We hit a bit of weather but nothing major and it was gorgeous. We've got a hotel tonight but we'll be camping for 4 night's in the way home in the new setup. Super excited for the setup and the adventures that are to come.

IMG_20200108_104605.jpg

Back