Mr. and Mrs. Nobody's Quicksand DCLB

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Mr. Nobody

T3G Level: Grandmaster
Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Driving home right now after getting the gears installed. Currently on my second heat cycle on the drive home. Truck definitely feels WAY different.

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Nice! youll have to give a review of the difference once you can!

I'll definitely post a legit review, but so far I'm very impressed. Toyota got it wrong from the factory

Here's some info from my 3rd leg home that some of you may be interested in. The mpg is unadjusted for tire size.

Screenshot_20191024-150501.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-151311.jpg
Screenshot_20191024-150605.jpg

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Dropped the bumpers at powder coat the other day. Should be on the truck in a little over a week. Also received some new aftermarket blind spot mirrors that I'm excited to review.

cmorty72

T3G Level: Bronze
T3G Supporter
First Name
Christopher
Military
Navy (Vet.)
T3G Member
#3,834
Dropped the bumpers at powder coat the other day. Should be on the truck in a little over a week. Also received some new aftermarket blind spot mirrors that I'm excited to review.
Mind me asking what kind of blind spot mirrors? I've been in the market for some other than the RAV4's, Spotter's, or the cheesy stick-on's.
Either way, looking forward to your review.

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Mind me asking what kind of blind spot mirrors? I've been in the market for some other than the RAV4's, Spotter's, or the cheesy stick-on's.
Either way, looking forward to your review.

They're the Spotter's. Hopefully they'll work out. Haven't installed yet. Focused on the bumper now.

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Lots of new stuff on the truck. Recently installed C4 Fabrications front and rear bumpers and am selling my shell on the 6th. Once the shell is gone I'll be picking up a new camper setup about a week later if all goes well. ?

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Well, we just arrived in Bend, Oregon and tomorrow we pick up our new camper setup! We've been on the road for two and a half days straight. We sold our shell on the 6th, jumped on the road and stayed with family in LA that night. Then drove north 8+ hours and stayed with a friend in Redding last night. This mooring we got up early and hit the road for Oregon. We hit a bit of weather but nothing major and it was gorgeous. We've got a hotel tonight but we'll be camping for 4 night's in the way home in the new setup. Super excited for the setup and the adventures that are to come.

IMG_20200108_104605.jpg

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Exactly. We've been debating this for almost a year so it's pretty rad that it's finally here.

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
Installed one of my Plano cases on the rack in front of the Drifter. I originally had them set up to run lengthwise along the truck. Once the Drifter was installed I had to remove one and mount a single one across the truck. I didn't have to drill more holes as I was able to just move one of the bars.

IMG_20200123_112440.jpg

IMG_20200123_144525.jpg
IMG_20200123_144547.jpg

My wife also installed a couple of interior pull straps to make closing the windoors from the inside a bit easier.

IMG_20200123_144621.jpg

IMG_20200123_144630.jpg

Last I wired up my Baja Designs RTL (rear tail light) and mounted it inside the drifter under the glass.

IMG_20200123_144413.jpg

IMG_20200123_144403.jpg

Plenty more to do. Hopefully I can stay productive as I have the next couple of days off.

Tyler

T3G Level: Legendary
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
The horizontal box on the roof rack is perfect. That's exactly what I'm going to do with mine.

Mr. Nobody

Vendor Relations
T3G O.G.
First Name
Andy
T3G Member
The horizontal box on the roof rack is perfect. That's exactly what I'm going to do with mine.

It worked out quite well. I was hoping I wouldn't have to redrill new holes and that it would fit well with the height of the Drifter. I'll be repurposing the other box for some other toys and we reorganized our kit to fit despite being down one box.

Top Bottom