• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Next up... Artec LCA Skid plates. If you aren't familiar with Artec Industries, they make some great products.
These are 6061 aluminum and are guaranteed for life. Strong and lightweight.

Attachments

• ARTEC LCA SKIDS.jpg
    ARTEC LCA SKIDS.jpg
    167.5 KB · Views: 73

Attachments

• Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners.jpg
    Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners.jpg
    171.3 KB · Views: 53
  • Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners2.jpg
    Total Chaos Bed Stiffeners2.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 58
Decided I just needed a 1" block for the rear. 95% of my driving is highway, 5% off road. Also ordered up the clamshell bushing replacement for my front diff. About 300 miles after I installed my lift I noticed my diff bushing making noise. $40 for the bushing...$60 for the special puller. Went ahead and ordered a seal just in case I damage the one in the housing.

Can I get some F's in the chat for my needle bearing? :ROFLMAO: 😬 :rolleyes: :cry:

Picked up an RSI Smartcap from @2016TRD4x4 Yesterday. Now trying to figure out how to run lighting like I have on the Victory rack. This thing is growing on me.
20220221_112404.jpg
So used to seeing it with a rack I feel like I'm looking at someone else's truck
I don’t know why it just looks so much better on your truck than it did on mine I think it was those stupid factory roof rails messed up the whole profile. It was a pleasure doing business with you sir I hope the topper treats you well, When I get through with work today I’ll send you a link for the other end of the quick connect that goes with the tail light so you can get that squared away. Supposedly according to what I’ve read it’s not that hard but you know how that goes

I don’t know why it just looks so much better on your truck than it did on mine I think it was those stupid factory roof rails messed up the whole profile. It was a pleasure doing business with you sir I hope the topper treats you well, When I get through with work today I’ll send you a link for the other end of the quick connect that goes with the tail light so you can get that squared away. Supposedly according to what I’ve read it’s not that hard but you know how that goes
Its definitely growing on me. I'm sure once I get my summer wheels on and the cap outfitted it will feel more like home. Pleasure working with you to man. Shoot me the link when you're able. No worries

Spent a few hours today installing the suspension I snagged from @gelsi2033 Thanks again for the super fast shipping! Install was breeze. I’ll order a AAL this weekend, I honestly didn’t expect the rear to sit this low.
565B1983-F003-4A0A-9D51-D6A5C9748CD7.jpeg
That color in that light looks so good.

Took out my morimoto led fogs and installed some DD ss3 pros in yellow. Tough to get good pics in a garage and I’m to old to want and spend time in the cold getting better pics.
3F047CEE-7079-452E-BE6A-C1DEEDD8BD42.jpeg
21A2080D-6BB5-4E57-BC90-42A472CDB4C3.jpeg
41A0D97B-1FAD-4EC9-A7E4-514BD1C7D575.jpeg
Are those fogs? would be cool to see the pattern they project.

Are those fogs? would be cool to see the pattern they project.

yup. Will need to wait for it to warm up a bit and ill get them on the garage. I was goin to buy the KC gravity but went with these instead. Theyve had killer reviews.

500’s

Drove down to the Zone to get oil, ordered a K&N filter cartridge off Amazon the other day, about to pull the trigger on the Fumoto valve... If you couldn't tell, I'm gearing up for my first oil change on Tilda as a Tacoma owner. Just need a decent Saturday or Sunday weather for it.

What I'm doing with my non-Tacoma 2010 Honda Odyssey....100k mile service, shocks/struts, front brakes (rotors and pads), new shoes, and an alignment.

Man what a pain. But finally got it done, with no other dramas. The seal/bearing install tool I rented was boned. Didn’t even use it. Now I have a vibration free truck and I’m now not worried about driving it.
63E82B02-53B8-42BE-A165-22C74AE7CC6A.jpeg

To save some frustration for a future user, please do NOT order the Yukon tool. The all thread portion is far too short , I barely got any threads in the puller tool, and once you place the steel plate with the nut it had maybe 1 thread. Just order the one from ECGS. Now the bushing from Yukon was great and fit was perfect. Likely same manufacturer, from all the other videos and pictures I had seen.
9C93F0FF-4A97-4284-9271-58BD5D117B1D.jpeg

To save some frustration for a future user, please do NOT order the Yukon tool. The all thread portion is far too short , I barely got any threads in the puller tool, and once you place the steel plate with the nut it had maybe 1 thread. Just order the one from ECGS. Now the bushing from Yukon was great and fit was perfect. Likely same manufacturer, from all the other videos and pictures I had seen.
9C93F0FF-4A97-4284-9271-58BD5D117B1D.jpeg
I had the same issue with the ECGS tool lol

I had the same issue with the ECGS tool lol
Interesting...all the videos and threads I've read shows the tool having plenty of threads. But something to keep in mind. The Yukon tool worked in the end, it was just sketchy starting out. I also noticed I didn't break the needle bearing like everyone else, mine came out fully intact.

500’s
@Takotruck, Looking at these exact fogs. I got a 15% discount code. Feedback?

@Takotruck, Looking at these exact fogs. I got a 15% discount code. Feedback?
They are great. Plug and play. Kind of a pain in the ass to shoehorn them in position but you can do it from the top without removing anything except for the plug when you plug in the new ones.
I did not have to adjust mine at all the beam was set perfectly for me. Bright and will be great on those foggy days.

Last edited:
Picking_Up_GFC_V2_Camper_Road_Trip_Illiois_To_Montana-53.jpg

This might not have been today, but it's super recent!

Added a White V2 GFC... Beyond pumped.

I wrote a post on our Trail Tacoma site. It's a super detailed article on what a cross-country road trip to GFC looks like.

Illinois to Montana: 3,000 Mile Road Trip To Pick Up A GFC Camper

Check it out and let me know what you think.

Last edited:
Got real sick and tired of my massive water bottles rolling around my truck. Borrowed this idea from the forum who shall not be named. Chalk Bag for rock climbing.

It was super simple to install. I used a extra long lag bolt to keep it under the console. Worked awesome!! Ended up buying 2 from Amazon.

34FA9CEF-4917-4FA9-BB80-FB2054A78A7A.jpeg

FB0774B8-CD1A-43F3-8B1B-DD9893FBCD0B.jpeg

Last edited:
Back