• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

nickyreno’s pro

Cute as fuck.

2C3EEBC1-84B8-46AB-8639-CB1515765BBC.jpeg

So... fuck my dealership’s service dept.

Begin rant:

Yesterday morning I was moving my front driver’s seat forward to clean underneath the seat when I heard a crack. Turns out the SRS connector was somehow angled down on the tab it’s installed on and when I moved the seat forward it drug on the carpet and cut the wires flush off the F connector. This caused my airbag light to come on.

So I stopped by the dealer service dept. to have the connector re-pinned. I let them know that I’m going on a road trip Friday morning, so for safety reasons I need it fixed before I leave. Shouldn’t be a problem, truck doesn’t need diagnostics, takes 15 minutes to do and I’m on my way.

Literally 4 hours later I get a phone call saying that not only can the connector not be re-pinned, but they need to keep my truck for a few days, rip out my interior, replace the entire wiring harness, and oh yeah - they’re not covering it under warranty.

This is where I lose my fucking mind. I didn’t detonate a block of c4 under my seat and expect it to be covered - I moved my seat all the way forward for the first time on a truck with less than 2K miles on it and these mf’s want to charge me 3 grand to fix it? Then they have the balls to try and charge me a fucking $159 diagnostic fee.

I took my keys, told them to suck a bag of dicks on the diagnostic fee, knife-handed the service manager for trying to work me over, and left in a cloud of pissed the fuck off.

Once I get home I sit down at my office desk and look at the connector. I end up discovering that it can-indeed be re-pinned after taking it apart with a fucking thumb-tac and a pencil.

So I solder new pigtails onto the pins, heat-shrink some butt-connectors, toss it back on and fucking good to go. 10 god-damn minutes and costed me about $1.

Seriously considering a refund on my extended warranty. If that is the type of shady ineptitude I have to deal with then I’d rather just service everything myself. What do y’all think?

So... fuck my dealership’s service dept.

Begin rant:

Yesterday morning I was moving my front driver’s seat forward to clean underneath the seat when I heard a crack. Turns out the SRS connector was somehow angled down on the tab it’s installed on and when I moved the seat forward it drug on the carpet and cut the wires flush off the F connector. This caused my airbag light to come on.

So I stopped by the dealer service dept. to have the connector re-pinned. I let them know that I’m going on a road trip Friday morning, so for safety reasons I need it fixed before I leave. Shouldn’t be a problem, truck doesn’t need diagnostics, takes 15 minutes to do and I’m on my way.

Literally 4 hours later I get a phone call saying that not only can the connector not be re-pinned, but they need to keep my truck for a few days, rip out my interior, replace the entire wiring harness, and oh yeah - they’re not covering it under warranty.

This is where I lose my fucking mind. I didn’t detonate a block of c4 under my seat and expect it to be covered - I moved my seat all the way forward for the first time on a truck with less than 2K miles on it and these mf’s want to charge me 3 grand to fix it? Then they have the balls to try and charge me a fucking $159 diagnostic fee.

I took my keys, told them to suck a bag of dicks on the diagnostic fee, knife-handed the service manager for trying to work me over, and left in a cloud of pissed the fuck off.

Once I get home I sit down at my office desk and look at the connector. I end up discovering that it can-indeed be re-pinned after taking it apart with a fucking thumb-tac and a pencil.

So I solder new pigtails onto the pins, heat-shrink some butt-connectors, toss it back on and fucking good to go. 10 god-damn minutes and costed me about $1.

Seriously considering a refund on my extended warranty. If that is the type of shady ineptitude I have to deal with then I’d rather just service everything myself. What do y’all think?
yeah that's wack. Is your truck out of the original warranty period?

Partially why I didn't bother with an extended warranty. It's inconvenient but definitely find another dealer for future work. Some dealerships just don't wanna deal with the paperwork lol

yeah that's wack. Is your truck out of the original warranty period?

Partially why I didn't bother with an extended warranty. It's inconvenient but definitely find another dealer for future work. Some dealerships just don't wanna deal with the paperwork lol

Nah it’s brand new with only 2,000 miles on it. The warranty smells newer than the truck. They gave me a discount on the extended warranty because I work in the auto industry, which is the only reason I went for it. But I’d rather put the money toward cool shit then to have to deal with them again.

is your bad dealership also my same bad dealership? sorry to hear about the misfortune man, I always feel like a warranty is just a piece of paper they sell you and what they actually do for you after signing it is the same or worse than solving the problem yourself out of pocket. Best of luck sir

is your bad dealership also my same bad dealership? sorry to hear about the misfortune man, I always feel like a warranty is just a piece of paper they sell you and what they actually do for you after signing it is the same or worse than solving the problem yourself out of pocket. Best of luck sir

Lol, yep. Dolan’s don’t know how close I sit to them at UNR Basketball games. I can make it awkward reallllll quick.

Sounds like a good opportunity to learn some people skills ;)

Damn that’s messed up about your dealer. I’d send the corporate office a nice little email about your experience. You might be able to get a refund on the extended warranty as well.

lol fck Dolan bro, thankfully I've never actually stepped foot in there :D

That's wild man. My Ford dealership treated me better than that lol

Stopped by CVT while I was in Bend for a bachelor party. Ended up getting a 55" awning.

While I was there I let them try and sell me on a Mt. Shasta. I want the iKamper Mini but was willing to compromise if they could convince me. They've got a new soft tent coming out in the next 6 months that is pretty slick because it has rails on the top and a hard platform. Only downfall is the ladder will have to be packed separately. They also gave me some insider news on a new hardshell they're trying to roll out as fast as they can. It opens like the Skycamp and it's massive - sitting as high as a Yakima coffin. It will be the biggest hardshell tent on the market and have the biggest annex room on the market as well. They wouldn't let me snap a photo of the plans but from what I can remember: it will come in 3 different sizes and the biggest one will be almost 18" bigger than the Denali.

Awning isn't staying on the overland bars. I just don't have a roof rack yet and I couldn't wait to put it on.

jAF0p4RZTuOizDmBJfbWrg.jpg

omegajelly right now shit. Gonna see if he has any left. I meant to get these but forgot in the mess of these last several months. Looks awesome! :p

which config is this? the KC5?

Had my eye on the BD4 set but its out of stock

Last edited:
omegajelly right now shit. Gonna see if he has any left. I meant to get these but forgot in the mess of these last several months. Looks awesome! :p

which config is this? the KC5?

Had my eye on the BD4 set but its out of stock

Yeah this is the KC5. Install isn’t bad at all. Took me about 30 min

I missed the last order window so I'll just sit tight for the next one I guess. They look awesome!

I missed the last order window so I'll just sit tight for the next one I guess. They look awesome!

Yeah my only criticism of Meso is he rarely meets the demand for his products or his timelines for development. I don’t think he wants to keep a backstock of higher priced items. Might have something to do with manufacturing overheads or something.

Yeah my only criticism of Meso is he rarely meets the demand for his products or his timelines for development. I don’t think he wants to keep a backstock of higher priced items. Might have something to do with manufacturing overheads or something.
Precisely why I don’t own any MESO products. Can never catch them in stock lol

I love nearly everything he makes so I actually have a ton of MESO parts already but life got busy around the time he sent the email about the third brake light kits and missed it. I just think he likes having operational control over his products and so he doesn't delegate out. No inventory to worry about managing, just sell what people already bought from you etc. Either way I think these brake light kits are pretty unique so I'm definitely still interested. Go MESO GO!

I love nearly everything he makes so I actually have a ton of MESO parts already but life got busy around the time he sent the email about the third brake light kits and missed it. I just think he likes having operational control over his products and so he doesn't delegate out. No inventory to worry about managing, just sell what people already bought from you etc. Either way I think these brake light kits are pretty unique so I'm definitely still interested. Go MESO GO!

Yeah I see his desire for having operational control for sure. All I'm saying is he replied to an email I sent him at the beginning of March saying dome lights were 30 days out, KC5's were 2 months out, and switchback mirror signals were slated for June. Although, this was before COVID-19 really hit so maybe I should cut him some slack.

Looks like you’ll have a nice little bump in performance in the near future.

I’ve been also looking at roof racks as well, both prinsu and UpTop. Leaning towards the UpTop bravo, but who knows....

I’ve been also looking at roof racks as well, both prinsu and UpTop. Leaning towards the UpTop bravo, but who knows....

I don’t expect anything at all out of the intake, I literally just got it for the sound. But the coil packs will be interesting. I’m hoping they’ll pay for themselves in a year in fuel savings.

I was between the Prinsu and the Sherpa racks and I ended up going with the Prinsu because the mounting system fit my eye better. I have read that the crossbar mounting system that the Sherpa uses is stronger than the side plate mounting that the prinsu uses but I feel there’s a much better way of going about doing it. Plus I don’t plan on parking a Volkswagen on top of my truck.

I was in this same boat. Had a bit of buyers remorse going with Prinsu over the Bravo honestly.

I got the Prinsu for a great deal though so I can't complain. However if I was to do it again I'd go Bravo because it looks cool haha

Interested to see if those coil packs do what they claim. Congrats on all the new packages soon to arrive :)

I was in this same boat. Had a bit of buyers remorse going with Prinsu over the Bravo honestly.

I got the Prinsu for a great deal though so I can't complain. However if I was to do it again I'd go Bravo because it looks cool haha

The side plates on the Uptop racks are 🔥 but I’ve never been a fan of the front fairing.

Back