• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

nickyreno’s pro

These are cute :whistle:

m1rc+%PdQzODJ6mDbxuqDw.jpg 4AFE+n59RNmBTC2HBmnKEg.jpg

Stopped by Relentless today and picked up my corner tie-down brackets. Probably my favorite thing on the truck rn.

46+8peEXRCujYcvXfNZLUA.jpg xiunK8vdQ+OXLRkVSql38Q.jpg

I'm Nick. Awake by day, sleeping by night. Detailing is the side-hustle. OEF - Sapper shit. Bought a ‘20 Pro: Has rubber tires and everything. I mod it. I live beyond my means so don’t expect anything crazy.

Did this
Paired my phone - major accomplishment.​
Feynlab ceramic coated the shit out of every square inch of it. Hydrophobic as fuck.​
Injen Evo CAI because I’m boujee and I like the sound.​
RIPP Coil Packs. Helps me troll the tuners.​
Oil separator because blow by can blow me.​
Hella Sharptones: I tell the kids they are turbos.​
VLEDS vanity lights and license plate bulbs to blind my wife and help the cops.​
Tint. Not dark enough.​
Raptor lights that serve absolutely no purpose whatsoever.​
Stedi light bar & ditch lights that I don't need and use inappropriately.​
Overland Equipped aux power tray to at least look like I know what I'm doing.​
Meso/KC 3rd brake light to flex on other Taco owners.​
KTJO door cup lights. Makes me feel like I drive a Maserati.​
CBI overland bars to carry the RTT I don’t have.​
Relentless Fab corner tie-down brackets. Makes it easier to strap in all the pussy I get.​
Prinsu cabrack. Strap my kids to it when they’re misbehaving.​
Tailgate anti-theft bracket because of high-seas piracy.​
Multicam black vinyl in allllll the right places.​
Lil B’s bed stiffeners. Bed’s not the only thing they make stiff.​
Mountain Hatch as proof that I'm the best overlander on the planet.​
Spidertrax spacers to get everyone on TW's panties in a twist.​
Interior trim hydrodipped multicam black. Makes people believe I killed Bin Laden.​
MESO & AJT swag. Chrome go home. Light be bright.​
Victory4x4 console molle panels because I think I’m John Wick.​
Desert Does It seat jackers for my wife and MMP’s for my pistolas.​
Mountain bike shifter grip because I can’t leave anything alone.​
Expedition Essentials 3TPAM. Fucking right you're jealous.​

Will do this
More Meso mods that I don't need but must have.​
Big rubber tires to destroy my fuel mileage.​
RTT to look cool parked outside of a Marriott.​
Tuning even though my mom says I can’t handle the V6.​
More fun overland gear to never use.​
More cute exterior glitter. For Instagram followers.​

Overland Load-out

CVT Awning. Keeps my dick in the shade.​
36" Gerber Splitting Axe. Splits wood.​
SOG Tomahawk. In the event the Russians invade.​
Woobie. Stolen from my TA50.​
Krazy Beaver. Do you even overland bro?​
Pelican V730. Keeps my toilet paper dry.​
Nemo Stargazers. Fancy as fuck when I look at the sky.​
Reliance toilet. Comfy as fuck when I poop on the ground.​

Proof that I exist and the truck is grey:

IMG_5179.jpg
"fucking influencers" hahaha

Soooooo Lift and tires anytime soon?

Soooooo Lift and tires anytime soon?

Wheels and tires soon probably.

Considering a lift requires I gut my entire suspension system, prob not soon. The OEM fox setup is really nice, and more than capable for what I need. But I’m am really interested in the Bilstein B8 series.

Pelican Vault V730 went on today 👌

Used the tie down ring hardware that came with my Prinsu. She’s pretty water-tight but I will still go back and install rubber washers on both sides with a small dab of RTV just to be thorough.

Tie down rings inside allow me to strap things down if need be.

Case is stout and lockable from 4 locations. 10/10 would recommend.

06AD831F-B033-4C51-86C7-AD432B57F14B.jpeg CF271571-1548-49EA-AFE9-77B92951A5A1.jpeg 1E64CC9B-FC0B-436E-AAD6-A63254514369.jpeg 960023BC-8A40-4C4F-8349-0D3475A2D3B6.jpeg DAB53B85-57D2-4F17-A45E-2B95035F23CF.jpeg

Jumping in here for the first time. I have a 2020 Pro in MGM as well. Really interested to see how you like the Injen CAI. I’ve been looking at the S&B but the current version only goes to 2019 (there’s a fitment issue for the 2020, is what I was told by S&B).
You should be fine I just put it on my 20 pro

Extended the A/C drain so it doesn’t rust my frame. Routed it down through the bump stop.

82E8C0BF-F825-40F5-A20B-5E9D177C8DF1.jpeg 3A53C1EE-0778-4DE2-8D22-935C670C5D6C.jpeg 553CB6AF-C1D7-40C7-854E-632144F44F42.jpeg

Last edited:
I’m gonna hop back in and say everyone should do this poll on their build thread. Adds a level of excitement like non other 😂

I’m gonna hop back in and say everyone should do this poll on their build thread. Adds a level of excitement like non other 😂

Only exciting if you actually vote there

OEM bed mat. Hooray.

96EDC448-0927-407F-AA17-3131DD289BFD.jpeg

Awesome 👏🏽 build. Got some great ideas after you modded urs I want to get done with mine! Thanks for sharing!

Just slugged through 10 pages of build thread. 😂. Yeah bruh, shit is lit. Once you get some bigger tires, shit be 🔥

Just slugged through 10 pages of build thread. 😂. Yeah bruh, shit is lit. Once you get some bigger tires, shit be 🔥

Lol thanks man I appreciate it!

I’ve been having a dilemma with where to take my truck from here. Wheels and tires all balance on what I decide to do with the suspension system. More on that later.

Threw the Krazy Beaver on. Buckle the fuck up Instagram.

019E1757-7039-4CA9-B0D3-0A1F69B6C86E.jpeg

Also bolted down the bed mat so no one tries to steal it. Not that I think anyone would, but then again, I wouldn’t think someone would swipe a tailgate either.

452FA9FD-4363-416C-B7C2-28B1AFFB2915.jpeg

Lol thanks man I appreciate it!

I’ve been having a dilemma with where to take my truck from here. Wheels and tires all balance on what I decide to do with the suspension system. More on that later.
After putting that TRD pro suspension on, I’m planning on putting 285s on it. Should fit well with the trd pro wheels with minimal trimming 🤞

After putting that TRD pro suspension on, I’m planning on putting 285s on it. Should fit well with the trd pro wheels with minimal trimming 🤞

Yeah it'll probably fit and do fine around town. But I think you'll rub under any suspension load/flex. I'm interested to know for sure though.

Well, mounted the Tred Pro’s but the Tred Pro mount is absolutely trash. They are lockable, problem is after they’re locked all you have to do is pull up on the grip and they slide right off. Absolutely terrible design. Just fucked.

So, back to the drawing board on how to mount these things attractively and have them still be lockable. I have a Victory 4x4 accessory plate on the way, hopefully that will provide some solution.

1EF33EFA-DB82-437F-9719-7FB132A6911A.jpeg

Yeah it'll probably fit and do fine around town. But I think you'll rub under any suspension load/flex. I'm interested to know for sure though.
Yup, will probably rub some under flex, but hopefully not enough to really care as long as most of it is gone with some trimming and molding/heat gun.

Halle-freakin-lujah I’ve got a Meso dome light on the way.

Back