• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

i’m gonna fucking walk into expo west next year in my overland molle jumper, fucking cvt tent on my back, trasharoo on my hip and winch velcro’d on the front like where’s the walk in camping

I about died from laughing reading this Cory haha

Not truck related but this is my current "build". New house. Moved in. Made some changes, knocked down a wall or two and basically started fresh with all new shit. Starting to come together. Still waiting on my new couch and Eames chair for the family room so have the living room stuff in there now. Waiting on some area rugs and getting all suzie fucking home maker in here. @vacant.stare I too collect concert and band posters, all of which are wrapped up and waiting for all the furniture to get here before I start hanging. Got a fucking stupid, and I mean stupid deal on a Sonance Reference in wall speaker setup and an equally stupid deal on a Samsung 65" 4k curve. Dont plan on leaving this place any time soon so trying to do it up right

20180622_200423.jpg
20180623_223752.jpg
20180623_223802.jpg

can’t tell are the eiffel chairs fiberglass? have seen some brown miller chairs with black bases from the 50’s.

can’t tell are the eiffel chairs fiberglass? have seen some brown miller chairs with black bases from the 50’s.
They are composite. Good replicas but replicas nonetheless. Same with the Eames chair. We have a place in town that sells original mid century furniture including several original eames chairs but holy fack are they proud of that shit. North of 6k for an OG eames. Ain't nobody got budget for that

yeah, i’m dying for a 670 in brazilian rosewood. i’ve had a really good repop lounger and a 70’s george mullhauser / plycraft that was so perfectly broken in.

modernica has the original eiffel chair molds and prices are pretty good i have 2 from them and 4 composite from rove concepts (got them on a crazy sale for $75 total so i didn’t really care they’re fakes). modernica currently has a basquiat chair that i want so fucking bad.
the repop.

it was one of the better ones. cushions used hooks and not velcro to affix. would be smart if someone made cushions with duck down like the og chairs.
0E5A06CC-7D93-4001-868B-3DAF4862476C.jpeg

Last edited:
Not truck related but this is my current "build". New house. Moved in. Made some changes, knocked down a wall or two and basically started fresh with all new shit. Starting to come together. Still waiting on my new couch and Eames chair for the family room so have the living room stuff in there now. Waiting on some area rugs and getting all suzie fucking home maker in here. @vacant.stare I too collect concert and band posters, all of which are wrapped up and waiting for all the furniture to get here before I start hanging. Got a fucking stupid, and I mean stupid deal on a Sonance Reference in wall speaker setup and an equally stupid deal on a Samsung 65" 4k curve. Dont plan on leaving this place any time soon so trying to do it up right

20180622_200423.jpg
20180623_223752.jpg
20180623_223802.jpg
Beautiful place man! Kitchen looks baller (no smart fridge yet? o_O) and that tile/stone backsplash around the fireplace is amazeballs. Cabinets look amazing... we need to have ours re-done. Did you do the backsplash or did it come like that? Because I have a wall that I would love to do similarly.

Beautiful place man! Kitchen looks baller (no smart fridge yet? o_O) and that tile/stone backsplash around the fireplace is amazeballs. Cabinets look amazing... we need to have ours re-done. Did you do the backsplash or did it come like that? Because I have a wall that I would love to do similarly.
Thanks brother! Appreciate it. I had the back splash done and the counters for the island and bar should be in next week.

yeah, i’m dying for a 670 in brazilian rosewood. i’ve had a really good repop lounger and a 70’s george mullhauser / plycraft that was so perfectly broken in.

modernica has the original eiffel chair molds and prices are pretty good i have 2 from them and 4 composite from rove concepts (got them on a crazy sale for $75 total so i didn’t really care they’re fakes). modernica currently has a basquiat chair that i want so fucking bad.
the repop.

it was one of the better ones. cushions used hooks and not velcro to affix. would be smart if someone made cushions with duck down like the og chairs.
0E5A06CC-7D93-4001-868B-3DAF4862476C.jpeg
That lounger!! Cant fucking wait for mine to get here!

20180622_200423.jpg
20180623_223752.jpg
20180623_223802.jpg
Loving the work and style Jerry, in a huge fan of teak/walnut and modern design. If we could of done our kitchen ourselves it would of looked pretty mucg like yours except quartz counters, but when we bought it the original owners had just finished a 20k remodel, so kind of hard to justify tearing it down just to change a few things as it’s not terrible. Also that fireplace is on point, I need to demo out our brick fireplace and do tile one day, kind of hard though to design when it’s on a 25ft tall wall.

Thanks brother! Appreciate it. I had the back splash done and the counters for the island and bar should be in next week.
Mind sharing who did the backsplash and stuff? We're budgeting for a kitchen remodel right now. Countertops are good (look like yours actually) but we need new cabinets and a hooded range. She wants a backsplash done. Going with a gray/white/stainless theme. Currently the dealing with fucking blue paint and the cabinets were horribly refinished by the previous owner.

Smart fridge is actually legit though. I didn't know why Sam had to have it but mobile beer inventory and streaming music or TV through it is pretty awesome. We use the notes/reminders a lot too.

8xkA5gW.jpg

Mind sharing who did the backsplash and stuff? We're budgeting for a kitchen remodel right now. Countertops are good (look like yours actually) but we need new cabinets and a hooded range. She wants a backsplash done. Going with a gray/white/stainless theme. Currently the dealing with fucking blue paint and the cabinets were horribly refinished by the previous owner.

Smart fridge is actually legit though. I didn't know why Sam had to have it but mobile beer inventory and streaming music or TV through it is pretty awesome. We use the notes/reminders a lot too.

8xkA5gW.jpg
No problem. I'm happy to share the dudes info. I looked at the smart fridge but chose the non smart one instead so that I could get the nicer microwave drawer, beverage fridge in the bar and do the range hood. Just gave me more bang for the buck and the microwave in the island is a fucking spaceship.

The island is getting a dark grey quartz counter that looks a lot like concrete, in fact, that's exactly what it's made to look like.

I do dig the smart fridges though.

Oh and cabinets for the island are from Sollid, fuckin legit as fuck and really well made

8xkA5gW.jpg
Do the back splash yourself, it’s super easier, it’s just measurements, spacers, and taking your time. In a kitchen theres not a ton of sqft you have to do, so one of the easiest areas to have a go at.

Do the back splash yourself, it’s super easier, it’s just measurements, spacers, and taking your time. In a kitchen theres not a ton of sqft you have to do, so one of the easiest areas to have a go at.
Kitchen backsplash we will do ourselves, I'm referring to all the stone tile on the wall surrounding his fireplace. We have a wall that is virtually the same size without a fireplace that I would like to have that done.

Kitchen backsplash we will do ourselves, I'm referring to all the stone tile on the wall surrounding his fireplace. We have a wall that is virtually the same size without a fireplace that I would like to have that done.
Gotcha, you were talking kitchen remodel, that’s why I figured backsplash. Btw but my entertainment center I’ll cut you a good deal.

I'm norma
normally not a huge fan of stacked stone but this one I really like. Ties in the space well. Just need to add a mantle above the fire place but debating on doing it in wood or steel

Gotcha, you were talking kitchen remodel, that’s why I figured backsplash. Btw but my entertainment center I’ll cut you a good deal.
Haha I talked to the wife and we're going to go the custom route due to the weird proportions and layout of our family room.
I'm norma
normally not a huge fan of stacked stone but this one I really like. Ties in the space well. Just need to add a mantle above the fire place but debating on doing it in wood or steel
I dig it

I'm norma
Wood mantle with living edge and steel inlays?

Fuck @JerryTaco2.0 your kitchen remodel looks a lot better than mine. Lol still gotta put my damn cabinets together and get the ceiling mudded and taped.

F2AABB23-2E69-44F9-A16B-B026BD0F461D.jpeg

Oh and this was the before
1E84401D-7D34-4248-9D61-6BCAAD895418.jpeg

Back