• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

banana-dance-gif-3.gif
That’s racist!

Reported

How do you like the hidden winch set up vs a low pro bumper ?
I love it. Sleek, and clean though I do also love the low pro bumpers too. Honestly, I'd go either way with it, buit the low pros do give you a little added protection which is nice.

I love it. Sleek, and clean though I do also love the low pro bumpers too. Honestly, I'd go either way with it, buit the low pros do give you a little added protection which is nice.
I haven’t bought a bumper because I can’t make my mind up.

Oh and my latest lighting upgrade. Replaced the Baja Designs S8 I had on the top mount with another OnyX6 hi power for all of the lumens. And yes, I know the bottom one is faded but I am shipping it to BD and they are replacing the housing under warranty because they are awesome like that.

20180602_161232.jpg

Oh and my latest lighting upgrade. Replaced the Baja Designs S8 I had on the top mount with another OnyX6 hi power for all of the lumens. And yes, I know the bottom one is faded but I am shipping it to BD and they are replacing the housing under warranty because they are awesome like that.

20180602_161232.jpg
Did it turn pink? Maybe your truck likes it pink, did you ever stop to think of that? Stop being such a selfish jerk. There's yellow, red, blue, black, white, etc. under there, it's just trying to complete the rainbow.

Thanks dude. Uhh, Magnusson just says that it's "something they are working on" but nothing more... Probably be a few years I am guessing.
Well hp tuners managed to hack a Toyota ECU. So maybe...just maybe once that becomes more common to offer true tuning companies like vortec or Whipple will offer a bolt on kit

Well hp tuners managed to hack a Toyota ECU. So maybe...just maybe once that becomes more common to offer true tuning companies like vortec or Whipple will offer a bolt on kit
Fingers crossed!! Would be cool as fuck, though I don't expect a huge performance gain, but still something would be nice

Well with real tuning and ECU mapping you may get a nice surprise on output if any of that ever develops.
Problem with the urd and Toyota stuff if they can't really adjust the ECU so you've got extra injectors or higher duty cycles which limits how much more power one can make.

If anyone gets it done though my money's on you

Oh and my latest lighting upgrade for now. Replaced the Baja Designs S8 I had on the top mount with another OnyX6 hi power for all of the lumens. And yes, I know the bottom one is faded but I am shipping it to BD and they are replacing the housing under warranty because they are awesome like that.

20180602_161232.jpg
ftfy
Let’s not forget about the BD laser series being released

Thank God you're on here. I was just getting caught up on your old build thread, and Bam you were gone. Love the build.

Thank God you're on here. I was just getting caught up on your old build thread, and Bam you were gone. Love the build.
Thanks dude!! And thank you for following along. Pumped to be here and if I can be of any help please let me know

Back