• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

D

Deleted member 643

possibly a ghost :(
As promised. My goal from the onset and reason for buying this truck was to have the ability to get out and explore more. It was and is my goal to make this truck as functional and practical as possible while maintaining a clean look. In order to achieve that I have been beyond lucky to work with SDHQ Offroad in Gilbert, AZ. These guys not only stock everything, a huge selection of the best products out there but are exceptionally knowledgeable and their in house fabrication shop turns out the absolute most detailed and well thought out products in the industry. Beyond that, they've really given me the ability to build my dream truck and have filled my head with knowledge and tons of ideas.

As an aside.... Most work has been and continues to be done by me, however certain work has been performed only by SDHQ in Gilbert Arizona and has all been exceptional. Only people beside myself I trust to work on the truck.

Here are the Specs so far as well as future plans.
IMG_20190519_132106_860.jpg

20190628_174050.jpg

20190510_181417.jpg

20180516_175020.jpg

go-offroading-day-13-jpg.1345939

IMG_20200221_072437_870.jpg
IMG_20200204_083720_257.jpg

20180802_203152.jpg

Truck:
2017 TRD OR DCSB 4x4 with Tech/Prem and JBL. Purchased 10/31/2016

Suspension
:
Icon Stage 9 - Extended Travel Remote Resi CDCV C/O's with 700 pound springs
Icon rear air bump stops
Icon Stage 2 - Rear RXT Suspension (Icon Leaf springs, 2.5 CDCV RXT shocks)
Icon Billet Aluminum UCA's with Delta Joints
OME Carrier Bearing drop kit
Icon Stage 3 s2 Secondaries up front with Omega Bypass Shocks.
Custom U-Bolt Flip w/Icon top plates.
Sway Bar delete
DuroBumps on the front suspension

Wheels/Tires:
Fuel Nitro in 17x8.5 5bs 1mm Offset -
Toyo Open Country M/T in 285/75 R17

Lighting:

Power/Performance
  • Nitro 4.88 Gears, REM Polished - expertly installed by SDHQ..
  • TRD cat back exhaust
Armor:
Recovery:
  • Warn Zeon 10s Platinum Winch
  • SDHQ's Stealth Winch Mount - http://store.sdhqoffroad.com/2016tacomahiddenwinchmount.aspx
  • Factor55 Fairlead
  • Factor55 Flatlink
  • Gator Jaw Synthetic Soft Shackles (2)
  • Factor55 HitchLink for a rear recover point
  • Maxtrax, black x 4
  • 48" Hi Lift extreme with Daystar handle isolator and neoprene boot
  • ARB Recovery Kit
Auxiliary Air:
Misc:
Upcoming Mods:
Camburg Lower Control Arms
Rear Shock Relocation with custom Icon Bypass Shocks
Archive Garage rear Shackle hangers.
Supercharger
ARB Fridge/Freezer
Wilwood front big brake kit.
SOS Performance rear disc brake conversion
https://sosperformance.com/products...-with-parking-brake-slash-tr-dot-ps2-dot-ta16

Thats about all I can think of right now, but will add to this as things come up and will certainly do my best to keep this thread updates and answer any questions.

Thanks for following along.

IMG_20180801_212750_809.jpg
20180802_203101.jpg
20180801_161738.jpg
20180802_203122.jpg

20180414_171232.jpg
20180401_183205.jpg

JERRY S2S-4.jpg
Jerry New Rebounds-3_preview.jpeg
Jerry Rebounds_preview.jpeg
101202.jpeg
9E0F4D72-D70E-41C9-B458-BBC975901CEA.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's been a lot of things added along the way, but it's mostly where I want it to be, mostly, but I am sure I will find something to tweak or change

Holy fucking resevoir. this dude went HAM on his build. I applaud you for doing it right.
Thank you sir! Kinda set out to build my dream truck and do it exactly how I wanted. Really appreciate the kind words and have had a lot of fun building this. Has pushed me to improve my skillsets and of course I've met and had the privilege of helping out several other members builds.

Really like those rock lights! Are those an easy install??

Easy, technically yes, just tedious. I did however take detailed notes of the wiring harness so that I could easily create one again. Happy to give you a hand and I even have a bunch of the tabs to mount them in front of the front tires that I had made.

One of my favorite builds I've seen. So much inspiration for what I want to do to mine. I need to check out SDHQ. I drove by the other day but didn't have time to stop, and unfortunately I live in Tolleson, so it's a day trip for me. Haha

One of my favorite builds I've seen. So much inspiration for what I want to do to mine. I need to check out SDHQ. I drove by the other day but didn't have time to stop, and unfortunately I live in Tolleson, so it's a day trip for me. Haha
Thanks man! Yeah that's a bit of a hike for you. Good people down there, they are like family!

Easy, technically yes, just tedious. I did however take detailed notes of the wiring harness so that I could easily create one again. Happy to give you a hand and I even have a bunch of the tabs to mount them in front of the front tires that I had made.
What Jerry said. Not too bad of a process. If you decide to tackle it, plan for a couple hours, grab a few beers, and take your time.

Back