• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

“A mandatory update is required”

I’ve never seen this. Maybe it will make Entune not suck?

7DF61295-893A-4F34-A4CE-EDB418441185.jpeg

There's a thread on TW with a list of updates to each head unit. They even shared the files there. You just check device info and match it to the update file. Some patches caused bugs, some updates fixed those bugs. Then some add Alexa. Even if the Toyota Owners/Update site says you're up to date, manually check and installing would bring you up to the latest one. The auto update might still have you behind.

If you didn’t already, get the Enfig mic rather than using the one that came with the stereo.
Looks to be basically the same thing.

I did go through Trail Grid Pro, since they make it plug and play.

Tombit used to make an adapter harness that would utilize your factory microphone with an aftermarket head unit. This would have been the way to go. But it seems he stopped making them.

Looks to be basically the same thing.

I did go through Trail Grid Pro, since they make it plug and play.

Tombit used to make an adapter harness that would utilize your factory microphone with an aftermarket head unit. This would have been the way to go. But it seems he stopped making them.
Enfig is a better mic than the one that comes with the radio. It’s nice and clear.

I had the trail grid pro for a bit also. Siri could not hear me correctly with it. Told it to map me somewhere and it started calling someone named Sally. Very frustrating.

Tombit was an option for a while but there were reports of problems with his stuff anyways. Enfig is the way to go these days and it’s not expensive.

Just making a suggestion since I’ve been down those roads and installed mics about 6 times now. So over it, glad the Enfig finally took care of my needs.

Enfig is a better mic than the one that comes with the radio. It’s nice and clear.

I had the trail grid pro for a bit also. Siri could not hear me correctly with it. Told it to map me somewhere and it started calling someone named Sally. Very frustrating.

Tombit was an option for a while but there were reports of problems with his stuff anyways. Enfig is the way to go these days and it’s not expensive.

Just making a suggestion since I’ve been down those roads and installed mics about 6 times now. So over it, glad the Enfig finally took care of my needs.
Which head unit did you go with?

Been a while since I've posted (life kinda gets in the way sometimes).

So far, I haven't really done much mod-wise. We're at 8 months of ownership, and a smidge over 13K miles.

Our first new addition was a trailer hitch.

And last month, we ordered and installed a brand spankin' new TRD Pro exhaust. I LOVE that thing! It makes a beautiful noise, but even better than that, it has improved my MPG's a bit, especially under tow.

I'm still planning to get a beastly bumper for the front, but I have to save up a bit for that.

Just got a RSI Smartcap EVOc and started to assemble it. Did anyone else almost lose their cool assembling the front and rear flanges?
Hope to put it on this weekend along with the a new driver side tail light (my buddy busted the original one moving drywall).
Also, the dealer had these sweet hats so I picked one up when I got the tail light.

Attachments

• AEC28961-0A4A-4761-8203-D9AA321C2265.jpeg
    AEC28961-0A4A-4761-8203-D9AA321C2265.jpeg
    166.2 KB · Views: 82
Got OTT tune from @benh088 (WYOT - Wyoming Overland Tuning). Mild to Medium version. No more gear hunting. Nice acceleration. Done in about 10-15 minutes. Spent an hour with other Tacoficionados geeking out on Tacos.
Great meeting you! Also happy to get your Tacoma driving the way it should have from the factory, and it's always fun to nerd out with other enthusiasts. I'll throw some pics up of the other trucks I tuned today on the WYOT Facebook. None of them were stock! 😎

My upper idler pulley started making noise last week. Hit it with some dry lube last week on the bearing, it went quiet until yesterday. Ordered Idler pulley and serp belt from Vatozone. I know what I'll be doing tonight. 66k miles.

Smashed into a pole then took out a street sign on my way to work this morning in the snow🥲

Attachments

• 7A0E503A-7AF2-4474-9AAF-AA6CF8837672.jpeg
    7A0E503A-7AF2-4474-9AAF-AA6CF8837672.jpeg
    192.2 KB · Views: 71
  • 18B84186-68B5-4F85-8782-B6C3AF9406A5.jpeg
    18B84186-68B5-4F85-8782-B6C3AF9406A5.jpeg
    166.3 KB · Views: 79
  • C197012E-088D-42AE-9A34-E132010F9547.jpeg
    C197012E-088D-42AE-9A34-E132010F9547.jpeg
    173.6 KB · Views: 76
RSI Smartcap EVOc installed.
You gotta change that avatar. I'm dehydrated so my vision is blurry. I thought it was a chick in bikini. You almost got a dick pic.

6180.jpg

Squint your eyes and take a step back from the monitor... I'm not wrong...

Last edited:
You gotta change that avatar. I'm dehydrated so my vision is blurry. I thought it was a chick in bikini. You almost got a dick pic.

6180.jpg

Squint your eyes and take a step back from the monitor... I'm not wrong...
Hahahaha you're not wrong. I'd be a very hairy girl though.

ARE CX Classic truck topper/cap with Linex coating and windoors, and a new Artec Industries Rear Steel bumper with Diode Dynamics SSC1 lights.

Attachments

• PXL_20230304_184542188.jpg
    PXL_20230304_184542188.jpg
    177.4 KB · Views: 66
  • PXL_20230304_185005964.jpg
    PXL_20230304_185005964.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 79
Read that there has been an uptick in CAT thefts in my area of NOVA so installed these today. I park in an open parking lot so no garage and i have always been nervous about break ins and such anyway... Deterrent as it goes... Also put on some Redline hood risers... tip---make sure you have a good rivet tool or it will not go very well lol

Attachments

• catcover1.jpg
    catcover1.jpg
    90.2 KB · Views: 79
  • catcover2.jpg
    catcover2.jpg
    105.8 KB · Views: 78
  • redline.jpg
    redline.jpg
    104.5 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Back