• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

So I have 6112/5160 sitting waiting to go on. Has the Icon AAL. Should I just grab the Icon RXT now? Was planning on slipping in the factory overload to hit 2". RXT probably stage 2. 6112 with be at max 6/5 setting. Empty bed. Any other recommendations. Wanted to see what was available. Really need this done. Weight causes rub. Then I really can't pick up fat chicks.

So I have 6112/5160 sitting waiting to go on. Has the Icon AAL. Should I just grab the Icon RXT now? Was planning on slipping in the factory overload to hit 2". RXT probably stage 2. 6112 with be at max 6/5 setting. Empty bed. Any other recommendations. Wanted to see what was available. Really need this done. Weight causes rub. Then I really can't pick up fat chicks.
I had Fox 2.5 with my Deaver AALs and I was "good" until I added my Decked system, about 150lbs of gear I will probably rarely need and an RTT. If you are running an empty bed you should be okay with the AAL.

I had Fox 2.5 with my Deaver AALs and I was "good" until I added my Decked system, about 150lbs of gear I will probably rarely need and an RTT. If you are running an empty bed you should be okay with the AAL.
You just saved me $700. So the ones that end up sagging back and bent leafs, they just keep stuff in their bed?

You just saved me $700. So the ones that end up sagging back and bent leafs, they just keep stuff in their bed?
I can’t speak for other peoples rigs but I only off-road in my truck, I had an after market front bumper (109 lbs), Warn winch (80 lbs) and a Decked system (200 lbs) and the stock leafs with my deavers AAL was just fine. Fast forward a year and then I added a Leitner ACS (75lbs), copious amounts of recovery gear/fire suppression/tire repair/tools/camping gear/extra fuel/extra various fluids (??? lbs) and an RTT (165 lbs) and my leaf springs were desperate for an upgrade. These RXTs are working great for what I need l, no sag, not super stiff.

IMG_20211003_143911687_HDR.jpg

Took the truck through the wash and added tailgate letter inserts. I really don't like the bevel on the stamped letters and this helps me ignore that easier.

Are they the metal ones?
Yeah, off Etsy. I'd link to them but they disappeared for some reason, which doesn't inspire confidence. Fortunately, they seem solid. I know it's hard to tell they're even in there but they are more apparent in-person. Time will tell how they hold up!

Last edited:
Went out with a bunch of overlanders to meet in the desert. Casey from the Coyoteworks channel showed up. Charles from ADVwithRoscoe set the whole thing up. A great time was had by all. Tons more pictures on my Instagram...video is forthcoming. I have 163 pictures and 43Gb of video to sort through.

2021-10-02 20.35.02.jpg

Yeah, off Etsy. I'd link to them but they disappeared for some reason, which doesn't inspire confidence. Fortunately, they seem solid. I know it's hard to tell they're even in there but they are more apparent in-person. Time will tell how they hold up!
I got a set of the metal ones off Amazon. I believe they are from the same place. Just resellers selling on Etsy. They're supposed to be "zinc alloy".
The coating dulls out pretty quick. I might Plastidip mine.

Not anything I did but I got rear-ended on the way home from work. Only looks like the tow hitch receiver got pushed in

Attachments

• 20211004_161235.jpg
    20211004_161235.jpg
    237.6 KB · Views: 46
Back