• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

How long did the rear take? Was it easier than the front?
I got my front done. My jack stands weren't high enough for the front.
Honestly I think the fronts are easier. It's hard to say how long the rear look since I also filmed everything and that made the whole process take forever. In total, it was about a day and a half to finish both front and back. I think if you allotted yourself about 5-6 hours, that should be a good enough if you can already identify where everything is, your tools are set out and ready and you've watched enough videos and read instructions to understand the process.

Honestly I think the fronts are easier. It's hard to say how long the rear look since I also filmed everything and that made the whole process take forever. In total, it was about a day and a half to finish both front and back. I think if you allotted yourself about 5-6 hours, that should be a good enough if you can already identify where everything is, your tools are set out and ready and you've watched enough videos and read instructions to understand the process.
Wha! No way. We'll see how it turns out. YOLO. Hope I don't get it stranded.

Drivers side icon rxt's installed. This evening will be passenger side. Took about two hours. Hardest part was getting the extra leaf installed for the full pack.
56FF4B7A-4F13-4E89-9593-FA570A293643.jpeg
62B31E97-E203-4D8C-9D19-55B1742CBDB5.jpeg

Drivers side icon rxt's installed. This evening will be passenger side. Took about two hours. Hardest part was getting the extra leaf installed for the full pack.
56FF4B7A-4F13-4E89-9593-FA570A293643.jpeg
62B31E97-E203-4D8C-9D19-55B1742CBDB5.jpeg
I have been driving on my RXTs for about a month now and have really enjoyed them. Good luck!

I have been driving on my RXTs for about a month now and have really enjoyed them. Good luck!
Which level did you go with? I'm adding the extra leaf (as opposed to replacing the third leaf). Anticipating it being a little stiff with just the decked system, some gear, and a RTT. Planning on a rear bumper soon, and don't want to be messing with the leaf springs again...

Which level did you go with? I'm adding the extra leaf (as opposed to replacing the third leaf). Anticipating it being a little stiff with just the decked system, some gear, and a RTT. Planning on a rear bumper soon, and don't want to be messing with the leaf springs again...
Yes, I also added the extra leaf. I have a Decked system, RTT and about 200 lbs of gear. I don’t feel that it is super stiff. It seems the leafs are just stiff enough to allow my shocks to do a better job dampening the bumps, they aren’t so overwhelmed now.

Took a small trip last week, just got back tonight. Views were worth it, company not so much. Stayed in Gatlinburg about 5 min from the park. Leaves weren’t changing as much as we thought. Still a really pretty drive.
8CF63958-4743-4A50-9338-47F18BD41374.jpeg
A401D8C9-4AD2-49C5-ABD3-513D9789BDEB.jpeg
592A20AE-ADDD-43EC-873A-94F4D092EF9B.jpeg
738D7FB6-C880-492C-9ED5-005ECA90CB68.jpeg

So the rears are definitely easier. Worst part was hope nothing gets overextended. There were brief moments when I let the axle hang on the side. Hope that doesn't affect anything. Leaf Center Bolt was spinning so I just took the angle grinder to it.
Was mandated for work. Worked 0730 - 2200, then went to start the rear suspension. Completed the driver side rear. Did it at my parent's. I think I spent more time trying to find hex keys than anything. :(
Not sure what it was, but once I removed the UBolts, the leafs were stuck to the axle.

Is that a folding kayak? Which one is that and do you like it?
I've had an orukayak, was very happy with it. Now I have a family with three kids (3,4,6 years old), and a tippy single kayak just doesn't cut it.

I now have an advanced elements inflatable kayak that is outstanding for my family, can't be capsized from within no matter how many kids are leaning over the side, and we all 5 could fit in it for little pad padding around the shore. Now that they are a little bigger and ready for some larger trips, we needed another vessel....

Enter mycanoe duo. Origami canoe. Plenty of reviews online. Reasonably easy to set up and take down, and for two people is perfect. I put my wife in the uncapsiable kayak with the 3 and 5 year old, and I take my 6 year old in the canoe, and off we go :)

Dang! You got some beautiful country your way!
Thanks! Here's those two awesome trees on the right:

IMG_20211107_132836324_HDR.jpg

I also replaced the tiny, smooth, and flimsy radio knobs. These are way nicer. I'm not accidentally turning the audio off, brushing against the touchscreen, or having trouble grabbing it on a bumpy road anymore. I initially hesitated when snapping them on the dials, but an uncomfortable amount of force really is needed to seat them down all the way.
IMG_20211106_084842818.jpg

Back