• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Drove the taco and the Mrs to church. Drove 'er home. Started a load of laundry and the washer crapped on us. Lasted us 28 1/2 years and paid $100 brand new for it. Guess we got our money out of it! LOL Hopped in the Taco and off to Menards. The Taco carried our new washer home. All hooked up and washing clothes now. The Taco run well and did its job. LOL
Love The Taco !

Lets see this set up! I just ordered my phone mount from Course Motorsports yesterday. The vent clip one sucks, keeps falling out.
PXL_20210823_173852178.jpg

Nooooo. You could have bought my last set up. Super solid.
I only removed it because I get bored and just like changing things.
Well damn!! I didn't know you had this set up! I just hated the vent clip one I had. Should be here tomorrow, once it comes in I plan on doing a full install thread. Unless there is already one!

Hey Joe. How's the King set up ? What gussets did you use ?
I want to get mine done.

Also did you test with sway bar off ?
I like the kings, smooth as butter in road, haven’t been off road yet, I used total chaos gussets. And driving without the sway is way smoother. This weekend I’m going up to bald mountain and see how it does once my bumpers are installed in Clovis (just outside Fresno)

I like the kings, smooth as butter in road, haven’t been off road yet, I used total chaos gussets. And driving without the sway is way smoother. This weekend I’m going up to bald mountain and see how it does once my bumpers are installed in Clovis (just outside Fresno)
Hey Joe.
Just looked at the Gussets online - $88 a pair. Not bad. I could have Geraldo @ Beast Fab weld them on.
Let me know how the No Sway Bar goes.
You getting both bumpers ?

victor

FINALLY got my wheels in and mounted. I’ve been waiting for this day for so long hitting delay after delay.
3AA1B2F5-E59A-4C92-B5CD-D2ACF96EF032.jpeg
Those "Green" Wheels look gr8. I like being different. I had to wait a month for my FN Wheels in "Blue"

Victor

Attachments

• Blue Wheels 3.jpg
    Blue Wheels 3.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 45
Flat towed the Jeep up to a 4X4 show. I had the only Gen3 Taco there! There was a Gen2 and a couple Gen1s. Event was about 90% Jeeps though. Why don't Tacos have clubs like them?

2021-08-28 12.53.57.jpg

Last edited:
Got an alignment to prep for my first road trip up to Clovis to get my bumpers @ BruteForceFab on Friday 🥵😝🤩🧐
A7286952-91F3-4CDA-8D25-8F4B2D9DC984.jpeg
I used to live in Clovis (Cannon AFB). Great little town. I dont remember any truck shops being there, but then that was 25 years ago. Damn I'm getting old!

Last edited:
Just some cosmetic, functional updates. Sorry for the long post - I kept meaning to update here as I went, but that didn't happen...lol

Put on a vinyl covered aluminum folding tonneau cover so I could lock crap up at work (with locking tailgate).

Front and rear inter weather floor liners because winter's a commin'.

I replaced the stock grill and painted the Toyota letters a couple of weeks ago.
64937235319__AFD76EED-52C3-4C25-B7EE-7F6A5882FB72.JPEG
IMG_6550.JPEG

Threw on some basic nerf bars for those of us that are vertically challenged. Also, as mentioned in another thread, I traded hoods with @B-Man 'cause he's an awesome guy!
IMG_6571.JPEG
IMG_6574.JPEG

Tinted the windows since the UV in Colorado is ridiculous.

Decided to go with an UpTop roof rack since those guys are just up the road 30 miles and excellent customer service! (Got my rack in 3 days!).

IMG_6595.JPEG
IMG_6598.JPEG
IMG_6599.JPEG

Installed a WeBoost OTR booster set-up since I usually have crappy signal even in town. Still waiting on a Rhino-Rack folding antenna mount, so this antenna location is temporary and obnoxious.

thumbnail_IMG_6638.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_6639.jpg

And just threw in an Overland Equipped auxiliary power kit (also excellent customer service!) for those things I want to buy but my wife won't let me...yet...lol
thumbnail_IMG_6640.jpg

Could you post something in the future on how well that We Boost works for you while out in the bush? I am very interested in maybe getting one of those. That is if the new iPhone doesn't have satellite capability!

Could you post something in the future on how well that We Boost works for you while out in the bush? I am very interested in maybe getting one of those. That is if the new iPhone doesn't have satellite capability!

I will definitely try! Unfortunately, I installed the WeBoost the weekend after my last scheduled camping trip for the season. I did a few tests at the house, since I have crappy service, and I was happy with the results (20-30 dBm gain). I posted a reply on Trail Tacoma and used their review as a starting point for my install (thanks, Chris, for the tips!).

Of note, this device just boosts the power of the cellular signal to/from the nearest available tower, not necessarily the quality of the signal (BER). Usually these two parameters go hand-in-hand, but it is possible to have a strong signal with poor quality (for a variety of reasons). Just keep this in mind when you're looking at upload/downlink speeds versus received signal strengths.

On a separate note, I can't imagine the "iPhone 13" having the ability to transmit to a satellite (receive, yes) without significantly increasing the handset size, but that WOULD be cool (and expensive)!

Picked up a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s today. Getting them mounted later this week. I don’t plan on doing any off-roading but wanted something that looked a little more aggressive then the Firestones that came from the factory and stick to a budget. Pretty excited to see how they look and perform.

Attachments

• 0A5C397E-F229-4880-BFDA-48B74DDD183B.jpeg
    0A5C397E-F229-4880-BFDA-48B74DDD183B.jpeg
    220.9 KB · Views: 42
Picked up a set of Cooper Discoverer AT3 4s today. Getting them mounted later this week. I don’t plan on doing any off-roading but wanted something that looked a little more aggressive then the Firestones that came from the factory and stick to a budget. Pretty excited to see how they look and perform.
Good tire!

Got my Coopers mounted then washed and waxed the snot out of it. I always ask myself. Why the eff did I buy black. Then I remember why when I see it all clean and shiny.

Attachments

• 4B6B7477-A777-4A88-9A8B-FEB211DD54AE.jpeg
    4B6B7477-A777-4A88-9A8B-FEB211DD54AE.jpeg
    292.7 KB · Views: 44
  • 4F06A1C5-43D3-4E8A-B632-54EDAD579BF0.jpeg
    4F06A1C5-43D3-4E8A-B632-54EDAD579BF0.jpeg
    490.3 KB · Views: 59
Back