• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

73E8D13D-2AE6-410E-82EC-01EF6ABF1171.jpeg

haven’t done much to it, just explore 🤙
Put my first 5k problem free miles on it!

Just added a custom drive shaft from Tom Wood Custom Driveshafts. Since I lifted my taco I had bad vibrations. Since I put the new one on it’s so smooth! Plus it’s DOM metal so it’s stronger than the factory one. And it’s not a two piece shaft! Worth the money!

Just added a custom drive shaft from Tom Wood Custom Driveshafts. Since I lifted my taco I had bad vibrations. Since I put the new one on it’s so smooth! Plus it’s DOM metal so it’s stronger than the factory one. And it’s not a two piece shaft! Worth the money!

How high did you go? and is the retention cup upgrade in the front axle not a thing anymore? Or was that just the previous generation tacos?

I ask as I've definitely not planned for a driveshaft swap with my icon suspension.

IKamper live up to the hype?

Personally I dont feel like it was as comfortable as my CVT. They are apparently working on a new mattress pad to put into these. Other than that, it was awesome. Much much easier to set up and break down.

noob question again :
I got 5 full size wheels and tires going on the truck. Do I run 5 TPMS sensors? Factory says you can only really ever run 4... but how do I rotate in my spare tire? Or do you just rotate in your spare with no tpms?

noob question again :
I got 5 full size wheels and tires going on the truck. Do I run 5 TPMS sensors? Factory says you can only really ever run 4... but how do I rotate in my spare tire? Or do you just rotate in your spare with no tpms?
725A86F1-134A-4B09-A789-4F58F1683C58.jpeg

I do the one on the right. Not sure about the tpms sensors.

noob question again :

I have the same question about the TPMS sensors....Im about to put on new tires, and would like to know if I need to buy another TPMS sensor for the spare.

noob question again :
My spare is just rubber stem. I do not get a TPM light truck still reads all 4 tpms even if its not mounted. The spare on the swing out still gets read if it has the sensor on it . I rotate the spare every time when i do the rotating.

noob question again :
I have the same question about the TPMS sensors....Im about to put on new tires, and would like to know if I need to buy another TPMS sensor for the spare.

The computer is only capable of monitoring 4 tpms sensors. You just have to rotate one tire in without a sensor. Sometimes it'll throw the system off, but whatever. I just deal with it. I certainly don't dismount two tires and remount the one I rotate in by swapping the tpms.

How high did you go? and is the retention cup upgrade in the front axle not a thing anymore? Or was that just the previous generation tacos?

I ask as I've definitely not planned for a driveshaft swap with my icon suspension.

so I did a 3 inch lift with 33” tires. I don’t know about the retention cup may be older models. Mines a 2018 so it’s a gen 3. The issue I was having was a vibration that felt like Unbalanced tires even right after balance and alignment. Once the drive shaft was swapped That vibration went away.

The computer is only capable of monitoring 4 tpms sensors. You just have to rotate one tire in without a sensor. Sometimes it'll throw the system off, but whatever. I just deal with it. I certainly don't dismount two tires and remount the one I rotate in by swapping the tpms.

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Much appreciated

Thanks for confirming my suspicion. Much appreciated

I only rotate 4 and if I use the spare it's always temporary. If you are planning on putting your spare into rotation then it's worthy of having a TPMS sensor. NBD if you have to reprogram them every time after rotating, takes two seconds and to me it's worth it to have all 4 corners monitored.

I only rotate 4 and if I use the spare it's always temporary. If you are planning on putting your spare into rotation then it's worthy of having a TPMS sensor. NBD if you have to reprogram them every time after rotating, takes two seconds and to me it's worth it to have all 4 corners monitored.

Should I order a factory tpms or just grab one online? got a link? I see tons of these but worry about quality and functionality.

Back