• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Diode Dynamics LED low beams. 10 minutes to install. Nice product and feels quality.
how do you feel about the output?

I've had mine for about three months, but don't do a lot of night driving. i was out the other night and they didn't seem very bright.

Has anyone bought/installed the door molle panels from OG Fabrications?

I've had mine for about three months, but don't do a lot of night driving. i was out the other night and they didn't seem very bright.

I think they are just as good as the stock headlamps. I believe the color temperature makes them seem dimmer at distance, but you gain a more "crisp" image. I think you would find the same thing if you switch from standard halogen bulbs to a Silverstar for example.

I've got high and low beam LEDs from Xenon Depot and they made a huge difference over the stock halogens (which were a joke).

I've got high and low beam LEDs from Xenon Depot and they made a huge difference over the stock halogens (which were a joke).
+1 for XenonDepot. I went with the HID kit though.

HIDs are have better light "throw" because they are omnidirectional and thus work perfectly with the reflectors in the headlight. LEDs have gotten a lot better but they're still unidirectional so the throw/hot spot of the beam isn't as intense.

When the pools are closed and you have a truck...
EF5BC1E4-5B2A-4FFF-8977-50AF29AB51CB.jpeg
5468241D-23D6-42A7-8ECD-1041480CB2BB.png

+1 for XenonDepot. I went with the HID kit though.

HIDs are have better light "throw" because they are omnidirectional and thus work perfectly with the reflectors in the headlight. LEDs have gotten a lot better but they're still unidirectional so the throw/hot spot of the beam isn't as intense.

I thought about going with the hid. Glad to hear some good feedback on the Xenondepot setup. Did you do a video on that one? I'd love to see the color and throw.

When the pools are closed and you have a truck...
EF5BC1E4-5B2A-4FFF-8977-50AF29AB51CB.jpeg
5468241D-23D6-42A7-8ECD-1041480CB2BB.png

I did that with some buddies in the back of an old VW Caddy pickup at a car show about 15 years ago. We had a keg in the back and did dual keg stands while the driver did a burnout. Oh to be young again. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm pretty sure the pictures are still floating around the web. 🤣🤣

washed for the first time since winter. the paint needs more attention, ill do that sometime later in the summer

8AB4A749-C22D-4E32-BECB-17383CCB4CDD.jpeg

I thought about going with the hid. Glad to hear some good feedback on the Xenondepot setup. Did you do a video on that one? I'd love to see the color and throw.

I did that with some buddies in the back of an old VW Caddy pickup at a car show about 15 years ago. We had a keg in the back and did dual keg stands while the driver did a burnout. Oh to be young again. 🤣🤣🤣🤣 I'm pretty sure the pictures are still floating around the web. 🤣🤣
Think I did film but lost the footage sadly

this picture is stock on left side and XD HID on the right
8471969F-E6CC-46EF-8C9F-5654674EC7C5.png

and this is the light output from about 15ft. The “hot spot” has better intensity than the stock halogen. I believe it’s also more concentrated than the LEDs, especially as you increase distance.

DFE16565-0332-493A-A05E-98F2BE6BA094.jpeg

These coverking seat covers served me well for two years in my 2016 taco, and they are great in my 2020. Water proof, now 4 years old with no fade and still as kid proof as they come, I can highly recommend. And of course Kryptek adds the cool factor ☠
A41BC1C4-F5AE-4E06-B48B-FC91178D90C0.jpeg
B63F0E9F-8CBA-46D3-92B4-D5AAED9A500F.jpeg

IN JUNE?!?!? 🤯

That was my reaction as well. We were probably at ~5500 feet in the Cascade range of Oregon near Oakridge. We had to turn back from our planned trip because of the snow drifts. I have a bunch of pictures and videos on my Insta.

I need to do those. Curious to know if you still hit them often with a lift. I'd also cut the excess bolt off. I'm sure you're going to, but I also know that pointing out obvious things like that to make myself feel smart it a thing people do on forums and since no one had done it yet...

Actually did these yesterday...still need to do the fronts.

Back