• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Got my bike carriers all set
IMG_20190504_191514_581.jpg

Which did you use

Which did you use
Filzer fork mounts from Amazon and I cut up an old Thule bike tray to make the rear trays
Stainless steel 5/16 carriage bolts slide right into the mobtown cross bars and hold everything in place

Last edited:
Vacuumed the interior and put in Husky Liners X-act contours floor mats in the front and back. Also, finally put in the TRD intake I got from the TRD sale.

Been having a slow leak in one of my tires all week. Went to Discount Tire today and they said it was leaking at the bead. They cleaned it up and remounted it.
This is the 3rd time this has happened after a weekend wheeling, but not on the same wheel.
Maybe 15 psi is too low. I don’t think it happened the times I aired down to ~20 psi, but I can’t really remember.
I think I’m going to use this as an excuse to get some beadlocks. Lol

Working on round 2 of the meso 3rd brake light. This was the second prototype he made I never had a chance to install it as life got in the way.

Siliconed the edges of the KC lights hoping they might stand up to winter next year a little better

B6EF8245-BDFE-4237-A306-5B8E36FB5769.jpeg

Washed the fins on radiator and other coolers today. Amazed they cooled at all. Multiple Moab trips and some winter grunge left over, the fins were packed. Can’t wait to see a temp difference in cooling now.

Overland Expo was a ton of fun. Finally got to meet a bunch of you and talked to a lot of vendors. Some really cool things coming for the site. And the new SSO bumper was a huge hit.

IMG_20190519_132106_860.jpg
Looks so bad-ass dude! I can't wait for mine now. Supposed to be this week so we'll see!

Overland Expo was a ton of fun. Finally got to meet a bunch of you and talked to a lot of vendors. Some really cool things coming for the site. And the new SSO bumper was a huge hit.

IMG_20190519_132106_860.jpg
was great meeting you dude. the booth looked awesome.

Got home late last night as well, was a blast, the Tacoma3G pro was a hit at the RIGID booth.
okay.jpg

was great meeting you dude. the booth looked awesome.

Got home late last night as well, was a blast, the Tacoma3G pro was a hit at the RIGID booth.
okay.jpg
Yeah man! Was really great to meet you and the rest of the gang! Your truck looked awesome!

Installing my OME lift this Saturday.. i've watched all the videos, have all the tools. Anything specific you guys think is not covered enough in the vids? Mostly concerned with UCA install as that seems to be the biggest pain in the ass. Any tips/tricks would help!

Yesterday I removed some of the graphics after seeing someone on IG do it. Didn’t look bad but looks like the state of NC so I removed it all. Kept the good graphics for anti glare.

Always loved those Rotiform wheels! I miss mine sometimes. Look great with the cement!

Installing my OME lift this Saturday.. i've watched all the videos, have all the tools. Anything specific you guys think is not covered enough in the vids? Mostly concerned with UCA install as that seems to be the biggest pain in the ass. Any tips/tricks would help!
Do the passenger side first since it will give you the most grief. I had to take a long screwdriver and hammer against the head of the UCA bolt to drive it out on that side. I didn't have the patience to put it back in the correct way. On both sides their are things in the engine bay you'll want to detach to clear your UCA bolts, do that before you lift the truck so its easier to reach. Make sure the beer fridge is stocked ahead of time.

Installed the dashtop single mount (DSM) from thetacogarage.com yesterday afternoon. This thing is awesome. The phone mounts in the perfect spot to not obstruct your view of anything - plus you still have full functionality of your air vent (living in SC I need my air vents lol). Highly recommend!

Check out his DMM as well. This mount is just a larger version of the DSM and allows you to mount multiple things on it at once.

7AF2204D-6F43-4E39-8E9F-FDF44A618E34.jpeg
32302580-71FA-47BD-A396-14174860F3CF.jpeg

Installed the dashtop single mount (DSM) from thetacogarage.com yesterday afternoon. This thing is awesome. The phone mounts in the perfect spot to not obstruct your view of anything - plus you still have full functionality of your air vent (living in SC I need my air vents lol). Highly recommend!

Check out his DMM as well. This mount is just a larger version of the DSM and allows you to mount multiple things on it at once.

7AF2204D-6F43-4E39-8E9F-FDF44A618E34.jpeg
32302580-71FA-47BD-A396-14174860F3CF.jpeg
I got mine a couple months ago and love it! This is the most practical phone mount system out there for our trucks, IMO, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Ordered my Snug-top Rebel canopy. Should be here in 3-4 weeks. Very excited!

Back