• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

nickyreno’s pro

I ruined my favorite pair of chelseas stepping out of my truck into a puddle of water at Forever 21 and I swore I'd never let it happen again. KC Cyclones.

2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

Might be worth it to just get the OV software and slap the turbo on and take it to Street to Sand and have them tune it on the dyno.

Meh, I’m not in a hurry to go anywhere. In the interim I was thinking of getting the kdmax tune

I'm Nick. Asleep by day, awake by night. Living beyond my means. Detailing is my side-hustle. Golf is my biggest flaw. OEF - Sapper shit. Bought a ‘20 Pro: Has rubber tires and everything.

All the money I've pissed away:
Paired my phone - major accomplishment.​
Tint. Not dark enough.​
Hood scoop: Like you fucking wish you had.​
RIPP Coil Packs. Helps me troll the tuners.​
Oil separator because blow by can blow me.​
Hella Sharptones. The kids think they're turbos.​
VLEDS vanity lights and license plate bulbs. Because I can't leave anything alone.​
Interior trim hydrodipped in multicam black.
Makes people believe I killed Bin Laden.​
Pointless raptor lights that you have too.​
Stedi light bar & ditch lights that I don't need and use inappropriately.​
Overland Equipped aux power tray that powers all the shit my wife says I don’t need.​
Relentless Fab corner tie-down brackets.
Makes it easier to strap down all the pussy my truck gets.​
KTJO door cup lights. Basically makes my Tacoma a Pagani.​
CBI overland bars to carry the RTT I don’t have.​
Meso/KC Cyclone 3rd brake light to flex on other Tacoma owners.​
Prinsu cabrack. Platform for clout on platforms.​
Tailgate anti-theft bracket because of high-seas piracy.​
Multicam black vinyl in allllll the right places.​
Lil B’s bed stiffeners: Bed’s not the only thing they make stiff.​
Mountain Hatch as proof that I'm the best overlander on the planet.​
Spidertrax spacers. Gets everyone’s panties in a twist.​
Ceramic coated every square inch. Hydrophobic as fuck.​
Meso & AJT bullshit. Wish I could 3D print money for all of it.​
Full Victory4x4 interior molle panel offering because I think I’m John Wick.​
Desert Does It seat jackers & MMP's: Neat Seat Feet.​
Mountain bike shifter grip so I can tail whip into Park.​
Expedition Essentials 3TPAM. Damn right you're jealous.​
OEM bed mat. Only thing sliding around here is chicks in my DM’s.​
Carista tricks. I'm from the fucking future.​
S-Mode invert harness because I think I'm Sebastian Vettel.​
ARB Diff Breather. Butt snorkel.​
Injen Evo CAI because I’m boujie.​
Garmin dash cam. Footage to be used against me in court.​
Victory4x4 bedside molle panels to turn my bed into a storefront.​
KC Cyclone rock lights. Flex my Fox at night.​
Pelican 1120 under the hood. I keep my weed in there.​
Meso Overhead HexRack. John Wick Chapter 2.​
Dope custom interior switches. Makes you wish they were OEM.​

Proof that I'm a stud and my truck is grey:

IMG_5179.jpg
Laughed the entire read. Awesome truck!

I know a guy who makes front door molle panels ;) lol

So, Im an idiot and impatient. I should have waited. Im not going to bad mouth anyone cuz thats just not cool. I like yours ALOT more than the sheet metal ones that I bought prior to seeing yours. Weird question and I dont even know if you are going to have the answer. Do the holes possibly line up? I dont really want to drill more holes in my door, not to mention, I mounted the ones I currently have with Riv Nuts in my door panels.

Very nice, I just picked up 2 of the HEX racks non sunroof with the grab handle retention. Installing one and giving one away on the channel soon.
I feel like we’re building the same truck only mine’s got a better air intake

So, Im an idiot and impatient. I should have waited. Im not going to bad mouth anyone cuz thats just not cool. I like yours ALOT more than the sheet metal ones that I bought prior to seeing yours. Weird question and I dont even know if you are going to have the answer. Do the holes possibly line up? I dont really want to drill more holes in my door, not to mention, I mounted the ones I currently have with Riv Nuts in my door panels.
most likely the holes will not lineup ...

I like the idea of using rivet nuts for the panels, would you recommend otherwise?

I like the idea of using rivet nuts for the panels, would you recommend otherwise?
its not totally necessary for these panels, I use #10 stainless screws just threading directly into the plastic and you cant pull the panel off unless you used a pry-bar and a ton of force

So I havent had any issues with them. I like it just because of the fact that they are easily removeable. Honestly I do plan to remove the door panels at some point to put some epoxy on the back side where the Rivet Nuts are just for some peace of mind. I the panels are only holding a pouch, flashlight and emergency tool so nothing gets torn off of it that may pull out the rivet nuts but the epoxy would most likely help that out anyway. Who knows man. I am king of over-engineering shit. Come take a look at my rig and you will see what I mean.

So if I were to send you one of the panels with the holes in it.....could you maybe make a set with the different holes in it? I really like yours more than the ones I have.
Absolutely! Shoot me a private message and we can set things up :)

So I havent had any issues with them. I like it just because of the fact that they are easily removeable. Honestly I do plan to remove the door panels at some point to put some epoxy on the back side where the Rivet Nuts are just for some peace of mind. I the panels are only holding a pouch, flashlight and emergency tool so nothing gets torn off of it that may pull out the rivet nuts but the epoxy would most likely help that out anyway. Who knows man. I am king of over-engineering shit. Come take a look at my rig and you will see what I mean.
Better over-engineered than under-engineered

Maxtrax mounts for my ARB Tred Pro’s. Commingling is illegal but I live my life a quarter mile at a time.

41B17DBE-E68F-47BC-8880-68D7E25339E9.jpeg5318334F-C2FD-4638-AA4F-3EDFDC788820.jpeg

I just ordered those same brackets and pins for mounting my Actiontrax.

Here’s a photo of the Prinsu Low Profile Awning Mounts for the internet because Prinsu seems to think people don’t like to see what their products look like installed.

Pretty solid mount although I did have to file down some areas on one of the brackets to make it fit.

3D6D1DB9-686D-4C0A-BA5F-8D60A7729E98.jpeg850BAFCC-5F0F-4494-B975-977C348FCAEC.jpeg212DE000-66F2-4BE8-B136-39BB437FE8EB.jpeg

Had the KDMAX 6.0 tune installed by a local guy today and holy-f - truck finally feels like it’s got more than a weed wacker in it. Went with the Regular “aggressive” throttle and the lower octane setting but still running 91 octane. 100% how this truck should have come from the factory.

For anyone in the Reno/Tahoe, northern Nevada and Sacramento, CA areas who wants the KDMAX tune, I highly recommend you reach out to Mike Peratoner.

PH: (562) 897-6453
E-Mail: PeratonerMike@yahoo.com

Last edited:
Back