• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lord Humongous's Tow-coma

I installed the TPAM a few weeks ago. I really like it. It adds some useful mounting options and I love the blue sea charger. I've been using a 6"USB cable and there is no wire clutter with this setup. Its bulky but I think it looks cool and adds a little ruggedness to the interior. I have a couple ram balls on there as well a small quick-fist for a flashlight mount. I also had to move the scangauge on top of the steering wheel to make room.
4209.jpeg

20180703_171242.jpg

I had already installed mictunning volt meter, USB charger via the switch-pro a while back. I wired the blue sea charger on the TPAM into the mictuning charger to avoid wire splices and to give me the option to charge devices when the truck is off.
4211.jpeg

I also got a gaia GPS subscription and have been downloading maps of the White Mountains. We'll be camping in a couple weeks so hopefully this helps reduce some of the circular driving patterns that inevitably happen on unmarked reservation roads...

We enjoy it allot. It's small and light enough to take most places and is still very comfortable. It's a good size for the taco.

That is one bad ass truck! Damn I wish I lived where you do. I love the mountains, trees, and the beach. I got none of that here in central Texas.

That is one bad ass truck! Damn I wish I lived where you do. I love the mountains, trees, and the beach. I got none of that here in central Texas.
Thanks man! I actually live in Phoenix. Some of the forest and mountains are eastern and northern AZ and the beaches are up in the PNW. Just gotta drive to them(y)

I installed the TPAM a few weeks ago. I really like it. It adds some useful mounting options and I love the blue sea charger. I've been using a 6"USB cable and there is no wire clutter with this setup. Its bulky but I think it looks cool and adds a little ruggedness to the interior. I have a couple ram balls on there as well a small quick-fist for a flashlight mount. I also had to move the scangauge on top of the steering wheel to make room.
4209.jpeg

20180703_171242.jpg

I had already installed mictunning volt meter, USB charger via the switch-pro a while back. I wired the blue sea charger on the TPAM into the mictuning charger to avoid wire splices and to give me the option to charge devices when the truck is off.
4211.jpeg

I also got a gaia GPS subscription and have been downloading maps of the White Mountains. We'll be camping in a couple weeks so hopefully this helps reduce some of the circular driving patterns that inevitably happen on unmarked reservation roads...
I like that a lot!

Slim Pickens for camping this weekend. At least the White Mountains are getting ALLOT of rain and things should start opening up soon!
Screenshot_20180709-202926_Chrome.jpg

I'm hoping when I get back from CO that I can finally get some camping in. Disgraceful that the only nights spent in my tent this year was NYE camping on top of 4 peaks and expo...

Are you up there for right now? I'm hoping some of the Monsoons head up there. CO has definitely had its fair share of fire this season.

I'm Dying to do some fishing so probably going to setup up at Horseshoe Cienaga and fish Paradise Creek since it's the best of what's open. As soon as the Tribe opens the land back up we'll be heading to the Reservation Lake/Pacheta area.

Heading up to Crested Butte on the 28th. So far, they have been in the clear from the fires and have been getting pounded by weather... So it's looking all clear for now.

Any idea when the Tribe will be re-opening that land? I need to get at least one camping trip up there this year

I haven't seen the land yet but considering monsoon is getting into full swing I'd guess soon. My good friend that lives up there told me it will be revisited the next time the tribal council meets. No idea when that is.....

thats some nice Glamping!!! smoker and ribs....mmmmm jealous
Yeah that little smoker is really cool. It runs on DC power and is pretty much set-it and forget it. I brought it because of fire restrictions and its technically an electric grill.

Jealous. So tired of this heat.

Are you coming to the meet tonight? I'd like to drool over that TPAM sometime.
Sorry man I cant tonight. At work till the morning.

We need to get a white miuntains meet planned soon. It was an amazing 68 degrees during the day up there!

Sorry man I cant tonight. At work till the morning.

We need to get a white mountains meet planned soon. It was an amazing 68 degrees during the day up there!
Need to get back to the white mountains, its been a couple years. Found a great camping spot near reservation lake just by the fence to the res. Nice and cool and can set up some steel to keep us occupied.

And if anyone is interested I have a set of 4 SCS F5 wheels for sale too lol ...16x8 0 offset 4.5 backspacing :cool:

So I just found out that if you need a windshield replaced you must first remove your ditch light brackets.... Wish I would've known that before my appointment:confused:

Wtf? Why!
Supposedly it makes it too hard to get the new glass in. I dont know if this is consistant with others that have ditch lights but just wish I would've known. Annoying that I have to reschedule...

Need some opinions before I cause a ruckus. I had my windshield replaced today with a mobile autoglass company. The windshield trim used to sit flush with the windshield, now it sits about 1 cm above. I also dont remember this gouge in the A post by the grab handle...

Not normal right?

Attachments

• 20180822_150209.jpg
    20180822_150209.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 100
  • 20180822_145019.jpg
    20180822_145019.jpg
    271.8 KB · Views: 114
  • 20180822_145045.jpg
    20180822_145045.jpg
    144.2 KB · Views: 103
Damnit! Been so busy with house and wedding stuff I was looking forward to skmething being done to the truck and its botched.

Glass company took responsibility is and fixing everything. Thanks @JerryTaco2.0, sometimes I need to take a minute so I can approach people appropriately and politely lol.

Also heading to the PNW soon so made an appointment with dealer for some warranty work to apply the latest throttle response TSB.

Back