Lord Humongous's Tow-coma

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Lord Humongous

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jimmy
T3G Member
Hello, my name is Mr. Humongous but you can call me Lord. I'm a customer service representative for one of the most beautiful cities in the Southewest. I enjoy alpaca wool clothing, craft beer, carrying heavy things and rain.
10566.jpg

I'm moving over from the other place so my build is going to fairly abbreviated until I'm motivated to re-organize everything.

Lord Humongous

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jimmy
T3G Member
20190815_192153.jpg

Current Build

2016 Tacoma TRD OR Auto with premium tech and sunroof

OEM

Electrical

Suspension
Wheels and Tires

Armor

Performance and Mechanial
Lighting

• Cali raise 20" light bar
  • Cali raised ditch light brackets
  • Bajadesigns squadron ditch lights
  • Baja designs amber fog light kit
  • Rigid backup lights
Interior

Recovery/ Trail

Appearance
  • Black Tailgate inserts
  • Custom Bigfoot bedside decals
  • "Pro" grille insert
  • Redline hood struts

Last edited:

Tyler

= IX • Paragon
Badministrator
T3G O.G.
First Name
Tyler
Military
Marine Corps (Vet.)
Build Thread
(Click to View)
T3G Member
What’s up dude, happy to see you moving over. Throw up a pic of the truck? I mean, you’re lookin thic af so a pic of the truck is pointless actually.

Lord Humongous

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jimmy
T3G Member
What’s up dude, happy to see you moving over. Throw up a pic of the truck? I mean, you’re lookin thic af so a pic of the truck is pointless actually.
LOL I was 315lb Grace status there. I'll be adding a few here shortly. I started the thread then Immediately got side tracked with craft beer and Sunday stuff:cool:

Lord Humongous

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jimmy
T3G Member
This was my Radio Install

Stryker SR89-MC 10 meter radio power boosted and modded for 11 meter CB use.
20170108_103807 (1).jpg

Bulk of the radio was mounted under the passenger seat
20170108_134214 (1).jpg

All the transceiver controls are on the handheld mic. I was able to use a cat 6 ethernet port on the lower console for a clean install.
20170108_165226 (1).jpg

Using a firestik stainless steel door jamb antenna with quick disconnect bracket at the tailgate for the antenna. The Antenna is a Firestik Firefly professionally tuned by big radios.
20170328_171016.jpg

This setup works really well for its compact size. I can really reach out and didn't need any extra amplifiers.

Lord Humongous

= VI • Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jimmy
T3G Member
Transmission cooler upgrade.

Using aHayden 679 and Maradyne 950 cfm fan mounted behind the cooler. The bigger cooler runs inline with OEM cooler. Also running a Wix online magnetic filter. Fluid levels were topped off With Toyota WS ATF.
20170321_200030 (1).jpg

20170322_123737 (1).jpg
20170322_150911 (1).jpg

Cheap summer time towing mod. Using a hitch pin to keep the transmission thermostat open. It keeps ATF temperatures much cooler when pulling load.
20170327_132107 (1).jpg

Top Bottom