• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Lord Humongous's Tow-coma

Need some opinions before I cause a ruckus. I had my windshield replaced today with a mobile autoglass company. The windshield trim used to sit flush with the windshield, now it sits about 1 cm above. I also dont remember this gouge in the A post by the grab handle...

Not normal right?
Doesn't look like it sealed properly at that one place. Poor job!

Glass company took responsibility is and fixing everything. Thanks @JerryTaco2.0, sometimes I need to take a minute so I can approach people appropriately and politely lol.

Also heading to the PNW soon so made an appointment with dealer for some warranty work to apply the latest throttle response TSB.
Nice, that's good news! Always good when the responsible party is accountable and takes care of the problem.

How have you been otherwise man? Haven't seen you around these parts much

Nice, that's good news! Always good when the responsible party is accountable and takes care of the problem.

How have you been otherwise man? Haven't seen you around these parts much
Dude I've good just crazy busy. I should at least try to check in more frequently. Long story short I had a contractor that was going to help with home update projects but he hurt his back so I said screw it and bought a bunch of new tools and have been remodeling my house 1 youtube video at a time. Basically work is a nice break from being off lol.

Dude I've good just crazy busy. I should at least try to check in more frequently. Long story short I had a contractor that was going to help with home update projects but he hurt his back so I said screw it and bought a bunch of new tools and have been remodeling my house 1 youtube video at a time. Basically work is a nice break from being off lol.
Nice work dude! How's progress coming along? My house stuff is finally winding down which is nice. Just get to enjoy it now

Nice work dude! How's progress coming along? My house stuff is finally winding down which is nice. Just get to enjoy it now
Yeah your place looks really nice!
It's coming along. I have zero construction or building experience aside from work which is usually the reverse of building stuff. I didn't take before pics but we had a sliding glass door here before. Last week I built out the wall and made a sliding barn door out of beetle kill blue pine. It turned out so well I think I'll be destroying the kitchen next lol.
20180820_170139.jpg

20180814_120537.jpg

Yeah your place looks really nice!
It's coming along. I have zero construction or building experience aside from work which is usually the reverse of building stuff. I didn't take before pics but we had a sliding glass door here before. Last week I built out the wall and made a sliding barn door out of beetle kill blue pine. It turned out so well I think I'll be destroying the kitchen next lol.
20180820_170139.jpg

20180814_120537.jpg
Looks awesome dude! And thank you!

One of these days I want to have a bit of a mod day/bbq/pool party at my place.

Garage is going to be my next project. It's not the biggest so I need to get creative with work space and storage, but for now, I'm just leaving things as they are. I'm sure you've noticed, house shit tends to get expensive

Looks awesome dude! And thank you!

One of these days I want to have a bit of a mod day/bbq/pool party at my place.

Garage is going to be my next project. It's not the biggest so I need to get creative with work space and storage, but for now, I'm just leaving things as they are. I'm sure you've noticed, house shit tends to get expensive

Oh yes $ I have! My garage lacks as well. I'd like to just build an additional stand alone 2.5 car garage right in the front yard but I'm pretty sure I'll need a setback variance which I need to look into. It would make my front porch private too.

Mod day BBQ sounds like a blast! I actually think I'm pretty much done with the truck but down to turn wrenches and drink beer!

Heading up to the PNW again next week so I went over the truck with a fine tooth comb and gave it a good wash/wax. Conviently the truck was showing low voltage this morning and had trouble starting so I slapped a new 27f yellowtop in( better now than on the road). I also went down to Sierra Expedeitions to fill my co2 tank and pick up some of those handy no loss valve stem covers.
20180912_122219.jpg

20180912_122127.jpg

I washed and loaded up the trailer today. Gonna be a long 48 hour shift before we can leave! Were meeting friends and family for our wedding on the Oregon coast so figure we might as well do what we love and camp on as many beaches as possible on the way up and down.
20180913_152512.jpg

Gotta bring a taste of AZ to OR!

I washed and loaded up the trailer today. Gonna be a long 48 hour shift before we can leave! Were meeting friends and family for our wedding on the Oregon coast so figure we might as well do what we love and camp on as many beaches as possible on the way up and down.
20180913_152512.jpg

Congratulations on the upcoming wedding. I wish you all the joy in the world, and a lifetime of happiness together. Having that perfect camping partner makes all the difference in life.

20180913_152512.jpg

Congrats brotha, have a great trip and wedding

Hey, congrats on the wedding. Awesome you found someone that shares your love of the outdoors.

My fiancee just bought this thing so we decided to install it into the trailer last minute before leaving.
Actually a really cool tool for anybody with a RTT or trailer. Almost like a game seeing just how level you can actually get lol!

My fiancee just bought this thing so we decided to install it into the trailer last minute before leaving.
Actually a really cool tool for anybody with a RTT or trailer. Almost like a game seeing just how level you can actually get lol!
I'm not seeing it in your post. Not sure if it's just me or not.

I was thinking cool. I was looking for a level set up for my trailer. Then I saw the price. :/

Good times as always in Oregon. Caught lots fish, crabs, clams and drank drank a bunch of IPA. Also came back a married man.

My buddy rented a 4x4EcoBoost. Believe it or not I spanked him every drag race in the sand. Too much wheel spin maybe lol.

Also my wife and I both finally on the same page with the trailer. Gonna start scavenging parts soon and build something much smaller and more useful.
6954.jpeg
6955.jpeg

6953.jpeg

Patio at the rental home.
20180924_190238.jpg
20180924_185410.jpg

6686.jpeg

I winched this ford out. Boggers, welded differentials and 40psi + sand = holes

Last edited:
HA thing rulz! ESAB 285 EMP. I havent touched a welder in a decade. Smart MiG mode anybody can go to work

Attachments

• 20181123_182206.jpg
    20181123_182206.jpg
    220.8 KB · Views: 105
  • 20181123_181235.jpg
    20181123_181235.jpg
    345.3 KB · Views: 103
  • 20181123_181135.jpg
    20181123_181135.jpg
    428.1 KB · Views: 100
I did make a "roll cage" for the welding cart. The unsecured welder on top of the Vulcan cart was making me nervous. Pretty cheap to do since it was made with allot of the pay per pound scrap pieces I picked up for practice. Also extended the surface out a couple inches to make room for the plasma cutter that's maybe, probably in my future.
20181129_125052.jpg
20181129_145426.jpg
20181129_145217.jpg
20181129_145310.jpg
20181129_145257.jpg

I'm proud of it lol(y) Next project is definitely going to be a workbench with a vice / welding table. Doing everything off saw horses and the ground sucks butt!

I made about a hundred line tonight trying different oscillations.
20181210_173133.jpg

A little better everytime I play with it. Not amazing but definitely getting more uniform and better penetration.
20181210_173317.jpg

Back