• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Jfrisch’s Red Taco build

$1900 for tacobox. For autotrans

you will get my driveshafts and center console. You will have to swap with me. This saves you from having to have the driveshaft lengths fixed. And the hole is cut in the console already with a boot.

Front bumper and winch. Warfab warthog with stinger, xbull 12k pound winch, synthetic line, wireless and wired. $850.

Not wanting to ship unless you pay and set it up. I’m located in missouri.

Hold the front door, so you’re saying there’s no solid axle swap happening now?

Hold the front door, so you’re saying there’s no solid axle swap happening now?

No, I’ve got to get back to reality. Wife’s been pushing hard to get a full size truck. Three kids and it’s just too much for the Tacoma.

It’s been fun, no doubt

No, I’ve got to get back to reality. Wife’s been pushing hard to get a full size truck. Three kids and it’s just too much for the Tacoma.

It’s been fun, no doubt
Oh yeah understandable lol. Honestly I’d probably upgrade even if I had only one child lol. What are you looking at for a full size?

Oh yeah understandable lol. Honestly I’d probably upgrade even if I had only one child lol. What are you looking at for a full size?

Really looking for the biggest back seat area. The 4door fords have the most ive seen. So I’ll start there and if I don’t like it, I’ll talk the wife into an older model raptor.

Really looking for the biggest back seat area. The 4door fords have the most ive seen. So I’ll start there and if I don’t like it, I’ll talk the wife into an older model raptor.
Check out the Chevy traverse honestly. My girlfriend just got one about six months ago and it’s has a ton of room. There’s different seating options as well. With the back seats down we can fit all five of our large breed dogs no problem. Has more cargo space than a Tahoe as well. Pretty nice. A raptor would be cool though too especially a v8 one

Check out the Chevy traverse honestly. My girlfriend just got one about six months ago and it’s has a ton of room. There’s different seating options as well. With the back seats down we can fit all five of our large breed dogs no problem. Has more cargo space than a Tahoe as well. Pretty nice. A raptor would be cool though too especially a v8 one

Thats what she wants, but I’m gonna need a truck. Might start on my own next year.

Gladiators have a surprising amount of room in the back

Id honestly get one if they wouldn’t have put crap motors in them. I’m going to a full size truck. More room and I’ll be able to work out of it- will need a ladder rack and all that

And apparently I was just kidding.

tacoma is staying, wife said she rather me have two trucks than get rid of the Tacoma.

Now back to the rest of the build for the truck!

Live front axle and better tires.

Its going sas. Tires will be gone soon. They were really only supposed to be on the truck for a week or so. But new ones didn’t come before the last two trail runs so here I am with all terrians lol

Axle conversion will be a game changer .

No doubt. It’ll be fun to do it too. There’s a lot of stuff to do and my goal is to make it “seem” like nothings changed. As far as the dash not being a Christmas tree and good road manners

Derp

8D650659-7FC5-449B-8FEB-4F86B2DBC1BF.jpeg

Big thanks to all those who watch my channel. I know it’s not much of a channel but hey, y’all mvps! 🍻

B78CC433-6401-4571-832E-8811CBF357BE.png

Man, just finished reading your thread from start to here, and I got to say you had me REAL upset thinking the truck was gone. Glad you're keepin on keepin on that'd have been like a TV show ending mid season.

Man, just finished reading your thread from start to here, and I got to say you had me REAL upset thinking the truck was gone. Glad you're keepin on keepin on that'd have been like a TV show ending mid season.

Yeah, at the end of the day I’m wayyy happier too lol.

It was one of those things, the wife made sense and I was going for it. Then she reversed her thoughts and I was on board for that lol

Back