Jfrisch’s Red Taco build

• Hello, visitor! You've found the only 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma forum! 🤙
    Tacoma3G.com is an online forum for 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and overland enthusiasts. Our resources include: build threads, tutorials, gear reviews, exclusive discounts and giveaways, a marketplace to buy and sell items, local trail events, and more. We have thousands of friendly, knowledgeable members, including many officials from your favorite companies. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tacomadad18

T3G Level: Onyx
T3G Supporter
First Name
Jason
Military
Army
T3G Member
#2,122
What is your plan for the firewall and body mount? Also what kind of offset you thinking about running with your 37’s?

well once I get the tires, I’m gonna start on the fire wall. Body mount will most likely be relocated.

I’m gonna run them on these wheels for now and if need be I’ll run some steel wheels with more offset. Main reason being I plan on sas and then I’ll have to buy new wheels for 8 lug

Tacomadad18

T3G Supporter
First Name
Jason
Military
Army
T3G Member
#2,122
How they should look. Still trying to find good enough edge trim to stick. Seems im always losing one part of it or antoher.

Have you used the“self adhesive” edge trim? That’s what I’ve got on it now, I have hope it’ll stay on lol

WarFabArmor

T3G Level: Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
#2,711
Have you used the“self adhesive” edge trim? That’s what I’ve got on it now, I have hope it’ll stay on lol
Yeah, has the goop in it. it sticks well for the most part, just a few spots that dont like it. But I think the dirt and rubbing on rocks doesnt help lol

Tacomadad18

T3G Supporter
First Name
Jason
Military
Army
T3G Member
#2,122
Yeah, has the goop in it. it sticks well for the most part, just a few spots that dont like it. But I think the dirt and rubbing on rocks doesnt help lol

I would imagine that doesn’t help lol. I guess for 8$ a piece I’ll just keep swapping it out if it falls off lol

ShipwreckSav71

T3G Level: Bronze
First Name
Kyle
T3G Member
#6,173
well once I get the tires, I’m gonna start on the fire wall. Body mount will most likely be relocated.

I’m gonna run them on these wheels for now and if need be I’ll run some steel wheels with more offset. Main reason being I plan on sas and then I’ll have to buy new wheels for 8 lug

Getting SASsy i like! 🤙 cant wait to see that!

Tacomadad18

T3G Supporter
First Name
Jason
Military
Army
T3G Member
#2,122
UploadAdventure tested out the harbor freight “offroad” jack on our latest adventure and it worked well!

Didn’t sink into the ground, didn’t break. Two 👍

92F60116-0023-40DC-9236-D7B41C5C8D8A.jpeg

WarFabArmor

T3G Level: Diamond
T3G Supporter
First Name
Mike
T3G Member
#2,711
Top Bottom