• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

Oh man, I could not be happier with the suspension on this truck. Performance and control is next level. I need to do spindle and cam tab gussets soon too. But I can't speak highly enough of the suspension. Those bypasses were a game changer.
Ya man I just ordered some icons with remote resi and cdvc should be a big step up but nowhere near that lol

Ya man I just ordered some icons with remote resi and cdvc should be a big step up but nowhere near that lol
That was my first step. I built out this suspension in stages. By no means did I do it all up front. Just took my time which was actually cool because I could see and feel the improvements with each step in the process.

Looking at upgrading my head unit as well. Things like Android Auto/Carplay would be nice but this also has the ability to control accessory outputs like winch, lighting, etc. and a 9 inch screen to go with it. Since Toyota is removing apps from the Entune suite, I figure now is a good time to make an upgrade.

https://alpine-usa.com/product/view/alpine-halo9-radio-apple-carplay-android-auto-ilx-f309/
Shit I’ve been looking into that as well. I despise the engine system. And if I could do all that with it all the better!

Damn, these things are legit. Ton of coverage.
20181017_165734.jpg

You heard it first, SDHQ has been quietly developing their own dual battery system for Tacoma and 4runner. They saw what was available and improved upon any of the designs/features currently on the market. I'll get a full list of specs and features but here's a few photos to start with. They will be selling everything you'll need with the kit.

78948.jpeg

78947.jpeg
78944.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
You heard it first, SDHQ has been quietly developing their own dual battery system for Tacoma and 4runner. They saw what was available and improved upon any of the designs/features currently on the market. I'll get a full list of specs and features but here's a few photos to start with. They will be selling everything you'll need with the kit.

78948.jpeg

78947.jpeg
78944.jpeg

Looks similar to the OGE kit. Sweet

As promised, here are some initial specs of the dual battery kit.

Fits 2016+ Toyota Tacomas with ATRAC.
-Bolt on installation, no drilling or trimming required.
-Second battery location provides better weight distribution than kits that stuff 2 batteries in the stock location.
-Triangulated Mounting to the firewall, inner fender and wheel well, provides superior strength.
-Mount fits Battery Stock Size 24F and Odyssey PC1500 34/34R (34R fits stock battery location).
-Billet Hold Down for flat top batteries (e.g. Odyssey PC1500 34/34R)
-Fabricated Steel Hold Down for raised cap batteries (e.g. stock 24F)
May fit other batteries with dimensions of 11” Wide x 7” Deep x 8” Tall (top of battery, not terminal) or less.
-Powder coated black for a durable finish.
-Test Fit with Stock and AFE Intake Air Box Systems (may fit with other intake systems but not guaranteed)
-Recommended to use 2 new matching batteries.
-Integrated mount for Blue Sea Systems ACR
-Available Wiring Kit - SDHQ-50-3002-U1 comes with everything needed for a complete easy install.

Last edited by a moderator:
yeah man, looks like you've been on the move!! Happy for you.
Appreciate it man. Been a busy year. Spent less than 6mo in AZ... 3 continents and 14 countries this year and several states.

January comes some real estate stuff :spy: and a new toy come spring

well boys and girls........ Truck is about to go up for sale. Working out the details now.

Asking price is going to be $59,999. Truck has 50k miles, complete and accurate mod list is on first page. Will be including everything, as well as the tent. Turn key, ready to go. All TSB's have been performed as well as all regular maintenance. I had the truck fully detailed last week which included fully ceramic coating all painted surfaces and wheels. Truck is in perfect mechanical and cosmetic condition.

Back