• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

[QUOTE="vacant.stare, post: 24470, member: 697” hang dong [/QUOTE]

He said hang dong.

Cat's outta the bag. So this is what I'm planning to build next.

download_20181208_183111.jpg
This will be a cool build. What made you want to switch?

Finally got my trusty G19 back. Dropped it off at Overwatch Precision a few weeks ago for some work and have to say, they did beautiful work. Stippling, shaved all but one finger groove, profiled the trigger guard, dropped a new trigger in and threw on some fiber optic sights. Huge improvement to the feel of this little workhorse
20181219_170603.jpg
20181219_183648.jpg

How is the new venture progressing?

How is the new venture progressing?
ha ha not at all. Haven't had time to do much of anything and the truck hasn't sold yet either so I am in a bit of a holding pattern..... Which is triggering some doubts.

Option 1.
Sell the truck, build the land cruise and still have one vehicle.

Option 2.
Keep the truck, add bumpers and 35's

purchase secondary vehicle for daily driving. Options I am looking at there - 2019 Jeep Trailhawk or SRT. It has to be an SUV, I hate driving cars, and the "cool" SUV market isn't that great. BMW X5 is a soccer mom car around these parts, Porsche Cayenne is cool, Range Rovers, I hate them.. Jag, meh..... Audi Q7, also Soccer mom...

The Jeep brand isn't ideal for me, but I do like the Grand Cherokee, so we'll just see.

ha ha not at all. Haven't had time to do much of anything and the truck hasn't sold yet either so I am in a bit of a holding pattern..... Which is triggering some doubts.

Option 1.

Option 2.

purchase secondary vehicle for daily driving. Options I am looking at there - 2019 Jeep Trailhawk or SRT. It has to be an SUV, I hate driving cars, and the "cool" SUV market isn't that great. BMW X5 is a soccer mom car around these parts, Porsche Cayenne is cool, Range Rovers, I hate them.. Jag, meh..... Audi Q7, also Soccer mom...

The Jeep brand isn't ideal for me, but I do like the Grand Cherokee, so we'll just see.
Somehow option 2 sounds better to me but I’m probably biased. :)

Finally got my trusty G19 back. Dropped it off at Overwatch Precision a few weeks ago for some work and have to say, they did beautiful work. Stippling, shaved all but one finger groove, profiled the trigger guard, dropped a new trigger in and threw on some fiber optic sights. Huge improvement to the feel of this little workhorse
20181219_170603.jpg
20181219_183648.jpg
Nice i just carry my Walther PPQ. its been an awesome piece.

Somehow option 2 sounds better to me but I’m probably biased. :)
In all reality, it is a much better option overall. Keep my truck and expand it's ability, while having a nice comfortable and reasonably practical daily. I love the idea of the LC, however as I run the math, it quickly becomes 120 to 130k build. Not sure I want to do that and still have it be my only vehicle. First world problems.

In all reality, it is a much better option overall. Keep my truck and expand it's ability, while having a nice comfortable and reasonably practical daily. I love the idea of the LC, however as I run the math, it quickly becomes 120 to 130k build. Not sure I want to do that and still have it be my only vehicle. First world problems.
I remember going dune riding in the LC's out in abu dhabi during my last deployment. Those vehicles are beasts, but very pricey.

I like option 2, because your taco is seriously sick.

If you don't need the space Macan Turbo should be on your possible list. That would be my choice if I had the funds.

Option 1.

Option 2.

If you don't need the space Macan Turbo should be on your possible list. That would be my choice if I had the funds.
I have a co-worker that has one, and while I do like it, just a little small for me (that's what she said).. Fast little "suv" though.

I think what I like about the Trailhawk is that I can get it with a 5.7 liter Hemi and it still can do some mild offroad and certainly snow driving. SRT is cool, but, idk, just not sure I want a complete departure from off-road capable vehicles

What about the green light on the garage door opener? I've hear that means things too. Maybe just the green rock by the door lol

Oh hey you degenerate fucks...... If any of you are in the market for a 4Runner, Autonation in Tempe has an amazingly well built 2017 White TRD Pro with 24k miles for 49k. Basically the T4R version of my truck but has CBI Front and rear bumpers and an ARB Air locker in the front. I know the owner/builder and he spared no expense. In fact, he used to have a 20k$ sound system which has been removed, but he did leave the sub box and all wiring in place.

Someone go buy this thing cuz it's bad ass.

https://www.autonation.com/cars/JTEBU5JR6H5407130

Oh hey you degenerate fucks...... If any of you are in the market for a 4Runner, Autonation in Tempe has an amazingly well built 2017 White TRD Pro with 24k miles for 49k. Basically the T4R version of my truck but has CBI Front and rear bumpers and an ARB Air locker in the front. I know the owner/builder and he spared no expense. In fact, he used to have a 20k$ sound system which has been removed, but he did leave the sub box and all wiring in place.

Someone go buy this thing cuz it's bad ass.

https://www.autonation.com/cars/JTEBU5JR6H5407130

That is a sweet setup. Me likey.

Back