• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

Didnt get many or really night pics of the lighting but here's one. The lights are dimmed through my Switchpro so not running at full power. @Baja Designs

67131.jpeg

Also went daily shopping this weekend. This was a fun one but I'm holding out for am SRT Grand cherokee.

67542.jpeg

Ha, I don't know about that.

Going with the Teton X, Off-Axis with the X3 package.

Gonna do matching wheels and tires with the truck, as well as a few other upgrades.

Those trailers are really nice and actually quite a good deal for a fully built expo trailer. The timbren suspension is simple and rides so well on a single axle setup.

Those trailers are really nice and actually quite a good deal for a fully built expo trailer. The timbren suspension is simple and rides so well on a single axle setup.
Agreed. The value is unreal compared to what else is out there. Under 20k for a fully built trailer with axle less suspension and all the bells and whistles that I would want. Plus I wanna be cool like you!!

Ha ha, but really, the idea of being able to leave camp and explore without having to pack up the tent is what is driving this. Plus, as my dogs get older, the RTT just isn't the best thing for them, however the trailer will still have my tent mounted to it. Dogs can sleep in the trailer with the TV

Agreed. The value is unreal compared to what else is out there. Under 20k for a fully built trailer with axle less suspension and all the bells and whistles that I would want. Plus I wanna be cool like you!!

Ha ha, but really, the idea of being able to leave camp and explore without having to pack up the tent is what is driving this. Plus, as my dogs get older, the RTT just isn't the best thing for them, however the trailer will still have my tent mounted to it. Dogs can sleep in the trailer with the TV

That's awesome ha! We had to semi retire our boy from camping this summer. He's getting up there in dog years and just seems super uncomfortable in the truck, trailer and being outside for that matter.

It is nice not being attached to camp. Our monstrosity is great but personally I'd like something smaller. My fiancee wont budge, full bathroom or GTFO! Also 1" thick OSB walls = bear proof lol.

Well fuck. I was gonna order a CBI rear bumper today but they no longer offer backup sensor cutouts. Big time first world problem, but I paid to have them so I intend to keep them.

So, maybe an @Relentless Fabrication or @Mobtown Offroad bumper... Decisions decisions....

Well fuck. I was gonna order a CBI rear bumper today but they no longer offer backup sensor cutouts. Big time first world problem, but I paid to have them so I intend to keep them.

So, maybe an @Relentless Fabrication or @Mobtown Offroad bumper... Decisions decisions....
Mobtown just announced they are doing 20% off bumpers in light of the Pelfreybilt shit show. Not sure if it's only for people who got bum fucked but worth checking.

Mobtown just announced they are doing 20% off bumpers in light of the Pelfreybilt shit show. Not sure if it's only for people who got bum fucked but worth checking.
I wouldn't expect nor ask them to extend the discount my way. I didnt get scammed out of anything and they as well as these other fab shops are already going above and beyond to pick up the slack when they have no obligation to do so. I will gladly pay full price so that someone that did get screwed over can get a discount.

Okay, so I think I settled on a bumper. Not really wanting or needing swing outs, I just want a standard bumper that doesn't look like a bucket of buttholes. I also don't want to lose my backup sensors because, white privilege, er something like that, so unfortunately that rules out the CBI T3.

But the RCI one looks really nice!

https://www.rcimetalworks.com/2016-Tacoma-Rear-Bumper-TACO-16-10.htm

Ha, I don't know about that.

Going with the Teton X, Off-Axis with the X3 package.

Gonna do matching wheels and tires with the truck, as well as a few other upgrades.
Wish I would have seen these before I bought my Hiker Trailer. That's good bang for the buck.

Wish I would have seen these before I bought my Hiker Trailer. That's good bang for the buck.
That's what I thought. A buddy of mine is going to be the distributor here and took their prototype out over labor day with us. Really well designed and built trailers, and a huge value compared to what is out there these days.

That's what I thought. A buddy of mine is going to be the distributor here and took their prototype out over labor day with us. Really well designed and built trailers, and a huge value compared to what is out there these days.
Damn it!!!! Ordered my Hiker end of Feb. Pick it up next weekend. So too late. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. Good looking trailer.

Back