• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

JerryTaco2.0's 2017 TRD OR4x4 Truck Glamping Build & BS Thread

Damn it!!!! Ordered my Hiker end of Feb. Pick it up next weekend. So too late. I hope you enjoy it when you get it. Good looking trailer.
Hiker is still a great unit that I'm certain you'll love. Heres a few pics of the model. Mine will be white with matching wheels and tires, a different rack, rtt and a few other things

68878.jpeg
68877.jpeg

Hiker is still a great unit that I'm certain you'll love. Heres a few pics of the model. Mine will be white with matching wheels and tires, a different rack, rtt and a few other things

68878.jpeg
68877.jpeg
Good looking rig. I like how the galley is laid out and the suspension with 31's is sweet. I'm picking up a medium duty hiker. Mostly base model so I can add to it how I want.

68878.jpeg
68877.jpeg
Matching tires as in size too?

I installed dual swing out rear bumper on my buddies 4runner tonight. Turned out pretty good. Still got some details to button up though

image-20180914_214451.jpg

Whose bumper? An km3s! Do you know if they like them?
It's on Jordan's new 4runner. SSO bumper, we ended up removing the ladder.

He seems really happy with the tires other than them looking too small so I think he'll be upsizing soon

Whose bumper? An km3s! Do you know if they like them?
Okay. Km3 are junk. Took the runner the back way up to crown king and they didnt hook for shit, chunked like crazy and generally didnt hold up at all.

New CBI Skids are set to be delivered this week. Got some new brakes to install this week and just doing some general TLC to the truck. Time for it's winter detail, 50k service and a few other things. Other than that, I'll just continue to use her to crawl malls and post up at the apple store

50k service?! ? You have 50k miles already

Yep, there isn't a mall I have not traveled to nor an apple store I have not perched up at.

But yeah, 2 years, 4 or 5 trips to CO, UT, NV, CA and all over AZ. This is why by the end of the year, I will have a new DD and the truck will be sidelined for adventures, camping, etc.

Yep, there isn't a mall I have not traveled to nor an apple store I have not perched up at.

But yeah, 2 years, 4 or 5 trips to CO, UT, NV, CA and all over AZ. This is why by the end of the year, I will have a new DD and the truck will be sidelined for adventures, camping, etc.

Are you going with the heavy duty brakes? I don’t recall who makes them.

Dude! Utah and you didn’t give a shout out?

Are you going with the heavy duty brakes? I don’t recall who makes them.

Dude! Utah and you didn’t give a shout out?
Yep, just did the Powerstop heavy duty brakes this go round. I'll do the wilwood big brake kit eventually but I have a few other things going on right now and I need brakes. People seem happy with the Powerstop kit.

Sorry man, just a mountain bike trip to Moab. I'm trying to get up to Zion area sometime in the next year. Will be in Park City a bit this winter

Yep, just did the Powerstop heavy duty brakes this go round. I'll do the wilwood big brake kit eventually but I have a few other things going on right now and I need brakes. People seem happy with the Powerstop kit.

Sorry man, just a mountain bike trip to Moab. I'm trying to get up to Zion area sometime in the next year. Will be in Park City a bit this winter

Ha, no worries.

Ski or snowboard?

Both but mostly snowboard

If you haven’t already tried it, then try Snowbird. Best place to snowboard in my opinion.

It’s been a while since we’ve had a decent snow year. Maybe this year.

Snowbasin is my favorite place to board in Utah. Mostly locals and usually not busy. They open the strawberry side of the mountain around Christmas every year, so if you can time it to where you're up there the day they open that side, it makes for a pretty epic day.

This build is so sick. keep it comin!

Pretty good place to be at. Your suspension game is killer dude.
Oh man, I could not be happier with the suspension on this truck. Performance and control is next level. I need to do spindle and cam tab gussets soon too. But I can't speak highly enough of the suspension. Those bypasses were a game changer.

Back