• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health and general chat thread.

Thoughts and prayers Brother
Appreciate it!

Wish you well and things get better.
Had a good weekend, feeling better already!

The VA started some new crap that makes it harder to get recurring treatment. I can't even get chiropractic maintenance appointments.
You just have to hassle your primary care dr. They got me in for 12 appts at the chiropractor.

Slight update. Feeling better over the weekend. Ended up going to the Endo on friday, where I got a CGM Dexcom. Holy shit...talk about life changing. I can actually manage my numbers wayyyyy better now. Had to do some labs yesterday, when I got them back I did show improvement.

Dr appt today with the kidney dr to go over numbers and a course of action.

I truly appreciate everyones well wishes and prayers. Not too many people know what's actually going on. I do feel like I'm in a better place mentally as well, which is needed.

I go to my semi annual visits to keep my disability rolling in. Other than that I go to my provider on Ft Hood.
Some days I wonder if I could get a rating. I've been denied once. But after talking with a DAV rep we are going to try for a couple claims. Hence the chiropractor appointment. I need to file for tinnitus.

Some days I wonder if I could get a rating. I've been denied once. But after talking with a DAV rep we are going to try for a couple claims. Hence the chiropractor appointment. I need to file for tinnitus.
Doesn't hurt to keep trying. I wish you luck.

Yeah. Marine Corps sent me home with a 10% PEB evaluation. When I applied, they said I wasn't eligible for anything. Being a young kid, I was like whatever and put it off. Fast forward and they gave me the full GI Bill and stuff. Lyin' ass. Then you see some people who are like "OMG mah PTSD" and use it as an excuse. Taking away from people who have suffered through things. Then the CPAP guys, hitting 50% from developing it after. It's because they didn't take care of themselves and gained a bunch of weight.

Yeah. Marine Corps sent me home with a 10% PEB evaluation. When I applied, they said I wasn't eligible for anything. Being a young kid, I was like whatever and put it off. Fast forward and they gave me the full GI Bill and stuff. Lyin' ass. Then you see some people who are like "OMG mah PTSD" and use it as an excuse. Taking away from people who have suffered through things. Then the CPAP guys, hitting 50% from developing it after. It's because they didn't take care of themselves and gained a bunch of weight.
Yeah man, I totally agree with that statement. I mean I'm 5'6", and 158lbs. I'm by no means overweight, but the VA says that I can't claim being diabetic as it was basically in my genes. Which is kinda understandable. Good things is they are picking up the bill for all my future endeavors...soooo about that.

Had my DR appt the other day. Lets talk about a mentally taxing day. Dr said I would be going on dialysis, no questions. I have a consultation with the surgeon soon to have a port places. Before the consult I have to do lab work, if my kidney function is the same they will leave the port under my skin until my function drops below the threshold. Should my numbers be the same, they will leave the port out and I will start dialysis 3 weeks later. At the time of starting, I'll be placed on the kidney/pancreas transplant list. Once a donor is found, I'll have to high tail it to the facility to have the transplant done.

My wife lost her shit at the DR, so if you are a praying type just keep her in your prayers as we both navigate this bumpy af road. Mentally I'm just trying to keep it together for her, but on the inside I'm scared as hell. The fear of the unknown is scary. Take care of yourself peeps. I thought I was in good health, apparently I sorely mistaken.

Yeah man, I totally agree with that statement. I mean I'm 5'6", and 158lbs. I'm by no means overweight, but the VA says that I can't claim being diabetic as it was basically in my genes. Which is kinda understandable. Good things is they are picking up the bill for all my future endeavors...soooo about that.

Had my DR appt the other day. Lets talk about a mentally taxing day. Dr said I would be going on dialysis, no questions. I have a consultation with the surgeon soon to have a port places. Before the consult I have to do lab work, if my kidney function is the same they will leave the port under my skin until my function drops below the threshold. Should my numbers be the same, they will leave the port out and I will start dialysis 3 weeks later. At the time of starting, I'll be placed on the kidney/pancreas transplant list. Once a donor is found, I'll have to high tail it to the facility to have the transplant done.

My wife lost her shit at the DR, so if you are a praying type just keep her in your prayers as we both navigate this bumpy af road. Mentally I'm just trying to keep it together for her, but on the inside I'm scared as hell. The fear of the unknown is scary. Take care of yourself peeps. I thought I was in good health, apparently I sorely mistaken.
I'm not a praying man, but for you I'll start and keep the prayers going til you're better.

PXL_20210923_160533371.jpg

Hey, all. I'm pretty new here but I'll share.

The monkey on my back is depression and it's been with me my whole adult life. Therapy, drugs (prescribed and not), and a lot of silent struggling are familiar to me. Getting a Tacoma has been a long time coming and is a huge help, but having a community like this along with it is invaluable. Getting outdoors is the best treatment I've found and this truck is how I'm going to make that happen as often as possible.

Everyone is fighting a hidden battle. Stay safe, folks.

Angry Fast And Furious GIF by The Fast Saga

Angry American Horror Story GIF by AHS

Hey, all. I'm pretty new here but I'll share.

The monkey on my back is depression and it's been with me my whole adult life. Therapy, drugs (prescribed and not), and a lot of silent struggling are familiar to me. Getting a Tacoma has been a long time coming and is a huge help, but having a community like this along with it is invaluable. Getting outdoors is the best treatment I've found and this truck is how I'm going to make that happen as often as possible.

Everyone is fighting a hidden battle. Stay safe, folks.
Couldn't agree more, I'm in that silent struggle around family. You guys and close guy friends know how I am. This is a good place to get it out, and have others listen.

Damn, that's really rough. I'm afraid that I'm heading that way, too and need to make some changes in my life. The pandemic hasn't been good for my mental health (big surprise) and I've put on some weight, and I have a family history of diabetes. I'm only 32 but I know that right now is the easiest time to get serious about my health and do what it takes to make sure I can enjoy a decently long and healthy life.

I hope everything goes well for you and your wife. Having the support of a loving spouse should never be taken for granted.

So for my fellow veterans. Not many vets know this, but once your claim is denied by the VA, you are allowed to retain an attorney to appeal the denial. Attorney's don't F around. Yes, they will take some of your back pay from the date the VA denied your claim, but they get results, and once you receive your rating you will continue to be paid based upon that rating. No disrespect to the VSO's, they do the best they can with their limited resources.
There are several good veterans benefits attorneys (particularly in the San Diego area), just google them.
I say lawyer up, get the benefits you deserve, and get help.

Mark
Former Army Captain

So for my fellow veterans. Not many vets know this, but once your claim is denied by the VA, you are allowed to retain an attorney to appeal the denial. Attorney's don't F around. Yes, they will take some of your back pay from the date the VA denied your claim, but they get results, and once you receive your rating you will continue to be paid based upon that rating. No disrespect to the VSO's, they do the best they can with their limited resources.
There are several good veterans benefits attorneys (particularly in the San Diego area), just google them.
I say lawyer up, get the benefits you deserve, and get help.

Mark
Former Army Captain
Sounds so troublesome. I don't feel defeated. I am defeated. I'm tired. It's a hassle to get CPAP supplies. So I stop using it. Cardiologist? They wanted a stress test and me to wear some monitor. That's too much. I skipped. Money sucking lawyer? Still have to pay him to if it gets denied again. Better to use that money and buy something stupid. Just so I have something to look forward to. Even if it's some tchotchke in the mail. I'm being negative. Bad day. I'm just venting and talking shit. Hope is dangerous. I'd rather not have anything to look forward to than have something to look forward to only to be devastated.

Sounds so troublesome. I don't feel defeated. I am defeated. I'm tired. It's a hassle to get CPAP supplies. So I stop using it. Cardiologist? They wanted a stress test and me to wear some monitor. That's too much. I skipped. Money sucking lawyer? Still have to pay him to if it gets denied again. Better to use that money and buy something stupid. Just so I have something to look forward to. Even if it's some tchotchke in the mail. I'm being negative. Bad day. I'm just venting and talking shit. Hope is dangerous. I'd rather not have anything to look forward to than have something to look forward to only to be devastated.
It's so ridiculous the fucking hoops we have to jump through to get care. My primary care dr, doesn't really seem to care. Or doesn't seem eager enough. If he would of been proactive over the past couple of months, my Nephrologist is certain I wouldn't have been going on dialysis. The care we get is lack luster. I've been debating on moving over to private sector, but my VA co-pays for medications has kept me there.

Guys, I understand. The point is to get the help you need. FWIW, you only pay lawyers if they 1) take your case and 2) win your case. It doesn't cost you anything for a consultation. Yes, the VA and the GOV should take care of us veterans. The reality is that they don't. Sadly, you have to make them provide you the care you need and the benefits you deserve.

Hang in there.
Mark

Guys, I understand. The point is to get the help you need. FWIW, you only pay lawyers if they 1) take your case and 2) win your case. It doesn't cost you anything for a consultation. Yes, the VA and the GOV should take care of us veterans. The reality is that they don't. Sadly, you have to make them provide you the care you need and the benefits you deserve.

Hang in there.
Mark
They used the resources to take care of the Taliban.

Wife and myself have been struggling recently with making sure we'll be ok on funds during my recovery. Heading in tomorrow to have the dialysis port placed. I'll be out of work for a week or so. Then once my numbers decline further, I'll actually start dialysis. Once I've been on dialysis, I'll get thrown in the list for pancreas and kidney transplant.

With all this being said, my Dr has advised me that I'll be off work for a minimum for 9 months for recovery. I've struggled with what to do for money and it may lead to me selling the Tacoma to save the payment. Once everything is back to about as normal as it can be, I'll buy another one. It just sucks, but I may have to do it. Just makes financial sense to me. Work will have me on long term disability, but that doesn't kick in until after 90 days. So I'll be out of work for 3 months with out a pay check, and I don't think we can survive on just my wifes income. This is all very stressful, and I want to help as much as I can. I've asked about possibly working remote at work, but given my job it's probably not gonna happen. We weren't planning on me being out of work that long, we had planned on 6 months max for recovery. We will be calling the transplant center in KC on friday to get more details on recovery time and what I could actually be looking at realistically.

Sorry for the long rant, it's still just quite a lot to take in. I appreciate you guys listening.

Wife and myself have been struggling recently with making sure we'll be ok on funds during my recovery. Heading in tomorrow to have the dialysis port placed. I'll be out of work for a week or so. Then once my numbers decline further, I'll actually start dialysis. Once I've been on dialysis, I'll get thrown in the list for pancreas and kidney transplant.

With all this being said, my Dr has advised me that I'll be off work for a minimum for 9 months for recovery. I've struggled with what to do for money and it may lead to me selling the Tacoma to save the payment. Once everything is back to about as normal as it can be, I'll buy another one. It just sucks, but I may have to do it. Just makes financial sense to me. Work will have me on long term disability, but that doesn't kick in until after 90 days. So I'll be out of work for 3 months with out a pay check, and I don't think we can survive on just my wifes income. This is all very stressful, and I want to help as much as I can. I've asked about possibly working remote at work, but given my job it's probably not gonna happen. We weren't planning on me being out of work that long, we had planned on 6 months max for recovery. We will be calling the transplant center in KC on friday to get more details on recovery time and what I could actually be looking at realistically.

Sorry for the long rant, it's still just quite a lot to take in. I appreciate you guys listening.

Sorry to hear. Hope things get better. The bright side, values are still up. So hopefully when it's time to get another they'll have normalized.

I appreciate all the positive vibes! Surgery went well! I'm well enough (albeit) I'm pretty slow moving. But I can still work! Being that they buried the port, this allows me to keep building more time off at work. Not all is lost here. Ended up having an extra incision, which I doubt I would of noticed the difference. Just thankful for a understanding work and family support system! Plus I got you guys!

Back