How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health lounge. All are encouraged to join!

• Hello, visitor! Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a resource for 3rd Generation Toyota Tacoma owners.

Tacoma3G is a friendly community dedicated to 2016-2021 Toyota Tacoma and Overland Enthusiasts. Registration is completely free and only takes 30 seconds, so we hope to see you and your rig soon!

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I am making myself work on the truck. It’s colder than shit out but I think I need the tinker time. I’m falling more and more into depression and I think doing something with the truck will help. Even though it’s like 10 degrees outside.
I don’t get cold easily in regular situations but when I’m tinkering and already getting frustrated by running into problems, the cold just makes the frustration worse. I wish I had a heated shop. Or even a regular garage I could fit the truck in to use a Buddy Heater. That would be therapeutic.

UnpavedPreferred

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Gabe
Truck Year
Truck Color
Magnetic Gray
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#7,073
230 plus hours below 0 this month, according to the news. February is always the worst month for me. I feel cold, even in the house with the heat on. Feeling miserable and no motivation to go hiking or running. We have a trip set up for next month to get somewhere warmer but also avoid people. Some moments, the trip is just around the corner. Other moments I wonder if I can keep it together to get through the end of the day.

Wellspring

✓ • Bronze
Upvotes Recieved
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#7,610
Doing well. I'll feel better after I get my second Moderna vaccination on Monday 2/22.

Hubermr

✓ • Silver
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Matt
Truck Year
Truck Color
Midnight Black
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#5,317
I don’t get cold easily in regular situations but when I’m tinkering and already getting frustrated by running into problems, the cold just makes the frustration worse. I wish I had a heated shop. Or even a regular garage I could fit the truck in to use a Buddy Heater. That would be therapeutic.
I’m a heavy set guy so I barely get cold but I learned the hard way my truck doesn’t fit in the garage. It is what it is but if I don’t do something to occupy my mind I’m afraid of the places it will go.

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Paige and I pulled out our bikes because the weather was nice today. We didn’t ride far and it was hard as hell because we don’t really ride anymore. But it does feel like a small mental victory that we actually got out there to do something healthy for once.

Hellvillain

✓ • Gold
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Upvotes Recieved
Long Island, New York/Wurtsboro, New York
First Name
Anthony
Truck Year
Truck Color
Inferno
Truck Grade
Sport
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#3,118
I find I'm lacking the motivation to do much recently. The cold doesn't help either. Unfortunately I'm taking it out on the truck by neglecting it. The thing getting me through it right now is I am hyping myself up for a big 50k tune/clean/fix/modify-up. I'm just past 49k miles so everyday I tell myself, "Ok, get pumped for 50K, This trucks gonna get a ton of TLC and its gonna look and feel fantastic!" It's weird because I love the cold and hate the heat, but obviously this years been crazy for everyone.

Never thought I'd be excited for 50k miles lmao

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
I find I'm lacking the motivation to do much recently. The cold doesn't help either. Unfortunately I'm taking it out on the truck by neglecting it. The thing getting me through it right now is I am hyping myself up for a big 50k tune/clean/fix/modify-up. I'm just past 49k miles so everyday I tell myself, "Ok, get pumped for 50K, This trucks gonna get a ton of TLC and its gonna look and feel fantastic!" It's weird because I love the cold and hate the heat, but obviously this years been crazy for everyone.

Never thought I'd be excited for 50k miles lmao
I’m neglecting the hell out of mine too. I can’t wait to tune it back up. You can feel it them drive better after they’ve been taken care of, lol. It’s like my truck has a flu right now.

Poppybux

✓ • Bronze
Tacoma3G Supporter
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Paul
Truck Year
Truck Color
Super White
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Short Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
#7,695
Yes, it's been a tough year but my daughter had these precious boys, Feb 11, 2020 and they have been a blessing. It's been great to have them during this time since our normal circle of friends and family have been forcefully reduced due to Covid

Attachments

• MY BOYS.png
    MY BOYS.png
    292.8 KB · Views: 2

Tyler

✓ • Mythical
Badministrator
Upvotes Recieved
First Name
Tyler
Truck Year
Truck Color
Quicksand
Truck Grade
Off-Road
Cab & Bed
Double Cab, Long Bed
Transmission
Automatic
T3G Member
Yes, it's been a tough year but my daughter had these precious boys, Feb 11, 2020 and they have been a blessing. It's been great to have them during this time since our normal circle of friends and family have been forcefully reduced due to Covid
Congrats!

Top Bottom