• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health and general chat thread.

Naa. Don't feel guilty. We all benefit from this site, I for one would be happy to chip in regularly.
I'm with Biohazard. This site helps a lot of people, and you don't need to shoulder all of the financial burden yourself.

I know that I'd be willing to drop a little dosh on you for making this available.

I didn't see this thread, earlier... but now that I have, I'm going to have to process some stuff.
Thanks for the support.

I'll see if I can build a simple monthly drive system into the website. Yeah, I could just put a button to PayPal, but that's kind of lame. Something more built in to your forum accounts is better (kind of like the way stickers are).

Check out the way overland bound.com raises money. It is basically a member based site with an initial membership charge. They also have a marketplace were they offer everything from hats to axes.
The way they do it is nuts. I'm surprised that many people are willing to pay just to be a member. And pay a lot. But if it's working for them, I guess it makes sense.

Two things I'll never do:

Put ads on my websites
Lock website features behind a paid membership for members (e.g., can't upload pictures without a membership, can't use private messages, etc.)

A few things I've always wanted to do:

Offer paid memberships for vendor accounts. I think vendors pay to be on most forums. Not on this one though. But I've always wanted to offer a paid membership that would open some things up to give them increased traffic to their website/brand. I have a lot of good ideas for this but never bothered because I don't maintain close relationships with most vendors.

Sell actual Tacoma items from the vendors, right on this site. That was a big project I started working on before Covid and what happened to my dad started. But it went on hold for 2020/2021 and I would still like to continue with it, it's just a huge undertaking.

Sell cool T3G merch because I get asked about this many times a month lol

Thanks for the support.

I'll see if I can build a simple monthly drive system into the website. Yeah, I could just put a button to PayPal, but that's kind of lame. Something more built in to your forum accounts is better (kind of like the way stickers are).

The way they do it is nuts. I'm surprised that many people are willing to pay just to be a member. And pay a lot. But if it's working for them, I guess it makes sense.

Two things I'll never do:

Put ads on my websites
Lock website features behind a paid membership for members (e.g., can't upload pictures without a membership, can't use private messages, etc.)

A few things I've always wanted to do:

Offer paid memberships for vendor accounts. I think vendors pay to be on most forums. Not on this one though. But I've always wanted to offer a paid membership that would open some things up to give them increased traffic to their website/brand. I have a lot of good ideas for this but never bothered because I don't maintain close relationships with most vendors.

Sell actual Tacoma items from the vendors, right on this site. That was a big project I started working on before Covid and what happened to my dad started. But it went on hold for 2020/2021 and I would still like to continue with it, it's just a huge undertaking.

Sell cool T3G merch because I get asked about this many times a month lol
I'd be happy to chip in something monthly since this is a top notch community. And for what it's worth I'd buy a high quality baseball cap or shirt in a heartbeat.

I'd be happy to chip in something monthly since this is a top notch community. And for what it's worth I'd buy a high quality baseball cap or shirt in a heartbeat.
Thank you and thank you everyone else. I can't believe how supportive everyone is.

I'm working on a way to implement something but it's surprisingly tricky as far as the coding/technical side goes. That's because it has to be integrated into the forum instead of just having a lame PayPal button, lol.

I agree here, I wear hats daily!

I got a crazy amount of replies to the private message I sent out. We actually had over 230 members online at one point!

Screenshot 2022-02-06 at 20-09-27 3rd 4th Gen Toyota Tacomas Tacoma3G Forum copy.png

I'll be reading/replying to everyone today. Thanks for the overwhelming support! #feelsgoodman

I’m ready to blow my top , just retired , winter blues, lots of time,cold out ,don’t want to get salt on my baby , it’s a 2016 and first winter out of garage , frame looks like new ,,, hope all is as you desire ,be well stay safe

I’m ready to blow my top , just retired , winter blues, lots of time,cold out ,don’t want to get salt on my baby , it’s a 2016 and first winter out of garage , frame looks like new ,,, hope all is as you desire ,be well stay safe
Very relatable. I don’t enjoy the cold. I really don’t like how early it’s dark outside. I worry about always having salt on the truck.

Go to zeibart, get a $700 treatment and then don't worry about it. Worked great on my wife's lexus gx and my previous jeep. And that's with two years in upstate New York.

I'm with you. I hate winter, and really dislike the cold. I want to go fishing!!!!! (That's how I preserve my mental health the rest of the year). We just got a boat in November, and we've only had it in the water 3 times. It's really getting to the point where I'm getting snappy with just about everyone (and I don't like it).

This is what I'm missing right now, the quiet morning on the water. It's my happy place.

Attachments

• 20211015_071945.jpg
    20211015_071945.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 36
Been feeling the same. Over thinking the road ahead and if I can do it or not.
So much this!

Almost everything everyone says in this thread is so relatable. I guess that is a good thing? Knowing most of us are living in a similar fog.

So much this!

Almost everything everyone says in this thread is so relatable. I guess that is a good thing? Knowing most of us are living in a similar fog.
With all the medical stuff I have going on, I tend to keep this stuff to myself. My wife is under a lot of stress with me, as well as her dad. Back in Sept he fell at home and broke his neck. He's been in Nebraska for the last 6 months at a rehab facility on a vent. She worries a lot about him, and it was a hard hit when I found out about my kidney stuff 2 weeks prior to his accident. I'm just trying to keep it all together for her, so I may not bother her with some things I'm feeling knowing she's under a tremendous amount of stress.

I just worry about getting on a transplant list or being on dialysis the rest of my life. Yes people do it, but I just don't want to be tied down to a machine for half the day.

My wife is under a lot of stress with me, as well as her dad.
I don't want to come off like everything is always relatable to me, but this one, once again, really is.

My wife is constantly under stress with me from my history of mental health and medication issues, my lack of eating sometimes, my staying up through the night sometimes (basically, acting manic), etc. Then she has her dad. A type 2 diabetic. There's the managing sugar levels poorly sometimes, prices of insulin, him losing his job because of covid but also having been cautious about new jobs because of covid/diabetes.

And then she/we have the medical stuff between her and I going on at the moment.

I just worry about getting on a transplant list or being on dialysis the rest of my life. Yes people do it, but I just don't want to be tied down to a machine for half the day.
I don't have any advice but that's understandable.

I don't want to come off like everything is always relatable to me, but this one, once again, really is.

My wife is constantly under stress with me from my history of mental health and medication issues, my lack of eating sometimes, my staying up through the night sometimes (basically, acting manic), etc. Then she has her dad. A type 2 diabetic. There's the managing sugar levels poorly sometimes, prices of insulin, him losing his job because of covid but also having been cautious about new jobs because of covid/diabetes.

And then she/we have the medical stuff between her and I going on at the moment.
No worries from me, everyone is always battling something. Best to be courteous than jump to conclusions!

For quite a few years I've been feeling like an outsider no matter where I am. Family, friends, scientists, doesn't matter who I'm with. I used to think I'm just a strange dude since entomologists are not known for being normal. But even amongst people in my field I don't feel like I fit in. I have to force myself to be social most of the time and I'm starting to wonder if I'm on the spectrum. I feel like that would explain about 90% of me.

Either that or I'm so ill-adjusted that I don't even feel like I'm the same species as other people.

Well we are men, we have to stay strong for the women,they lean on us,we have to lean on each other,find a mens group and talk it out , we can and will take whatever life’s throws at us,do we have a choice ,hang in there,be well stand strong,somebody else always a worst situation, hope all is as you desire or should I say how you make it,look at those poor guys who have to live on that sand pile Long Island ,now that’s BAD

Surprisingly, I am feeling pretty positive today.
I started Wellbutrin a couple of weeks ago.
Was hoping that it would help the depression that I have been feeling as well as my crippling ADHD, since that is about the only ADHD medication that my doctor will/can prescribe for my ADHD, because I am a medical Cannabis patient, as well.
I don't know about the ADHD, but it does seem to be helping, in general.
I even did a thing, this morning, and mounted my front license plate holder! 😀

Ordered a Switch-Pros 9100. I hope I don’t let it sit around for two years like my 3rd brake light

Cold will delay the install for awhile
Oh, I SO feel that.

I still have a remote start kit for my S10 Blazer that I haven't installed... and I haven't driven that truck in 10 years. 🤣

Wellbutrin
I was on this one for a few years. For me, if I recall correctly, it helped with the depression for a while but it also killed the sex drive. Eventually I made a big mistake with the pills and now I'm on a different one that I can't remember the name of because they get mailed directly to me through the VA, lol.

Wellbutrin is probably the most common and well-liked option so I don't mean to come off as saying be careful or anything. It's not like that at all. Just for me I was really, really dark and made some bad decisions at the time.

I am a medical Cannabis patient
I keep wanting to love this for both mental health and my back pain. Sometimes I manage to dose small enough that it isn't so bad. But many times I've (I guess?) smoked too much at once and had absolute panic attacks to the point where I was seeing my own negative thoughts in front of my eyes. But I'm still determined to figure this one out because I'm sure I'm doing something wrong.

I even did a thing, this morning, and mounted my front license plate holder!
I go through phases where I neglect the crap out of my truck just because I can't bring myself to do a thing. Recently, I let a new engine air filter sit in the garage for like 3 weeks until I took the 5 seconds to replace the dirty one. So congrats on doing the thing!

This thread is kind of hilarious how relatable it is...

Ordered a Switch-Pros 9100. I hope I don’t let it sit around for two years like my 3rd brake light

Cold will delay the install for awhile
I still have a remote start kit for my S10 Blazer that I haven't installed... and I haven't driven that truck in 10 years.

I had the Switch Pro 9100 new in box for, like, 2 years? I ended up selling it because not installing it was easier than bringing myself to install it only to not really care that it's in there.

I have a winch in my bumper that isn't wired to the battery and its been that way for 3.5 years?

I have the Anytime Backup Camera sitting in the garage... 1.5 years?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

This thread is kind of hilarious how relatable it is...

I had the Switch Pro 9100 new in box for, like, 2 years? I ended up selling it because not installing it was easier than bringing myself to install it only to not really care that it's in there.

I have a winch in my bumper that isn't wired to the battery and its been that way for 3.5 years?

I have the Anytime Backup Camera sitting in the garage... 1.5 years?

Seth Meyers Lol GIF by Late Night with Seth Meyers

Glad to know I’m not alone!!

I just went through another one of my 2-day long phases of not being able to get out of bed, talk to anyone, pick up my phone to answer people, etc.

I think I overwhelmed myself with the whole donating to T3G message that I sent out. I got WAY more insightful responses than I thought I would. I never managed to reply to everyone. I feel bad. And I kept thinking and thinking and thinking about how to implement it, my other ideas for T3G, etc. Maybe I got burnt out.

Whatever it is, it’s 4:00pm here and it’s my first time truly being alert and awake since Friday. Sometimes it seems like the meds do absolutely nothing because isn’t this what they’re for?

I just went through another one of my 2-day long phases of not being able to get out of bed, talk to anyone, pick up my phone to answer people, etc.

I think I overwhelmed myself with the whole donating to T3G message that I sent out. I got WAY more insightful responses than I thought I would. I never managed to reply to everyone. I feel bad. And I kept thinking and thinking and thinking about how to implement it, my other ideas for T3G, etc. Maybe I got burnt out.

Whatever it is, it’s 4:00pm here and it’s my first time truly being alert and awake since Friday. Sometimes it seems like the meds do absolutely nothing because isn’t this what they’re for?

In my experience meds can only do so much. If I get in a truly manic state they don’t do shit. My wife gets real worried about me during those times. It does happen less frequently than usual. My dogs help me a lot too.

I’m not really in to the hippie stuff, but has anyone tried meditating? I have used it to control migraines and anxiety and it works well. Everyone is in their own place, but exercise in the AM with meditating in the PM (with meds) works wonders for me. If I skip out for more than a few days I notice immediately.

Back