• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

How’s everyone holdin' up? T3G's therapeutic mental health and general chat thread.

I’m just coming back after about 2 days of not even looking at my phone. I have 320 unread text messages (group chats). I wish I could just not have a phone.
I have all my texts and groups muted except my wife. I only see texts when I go looking. Don't know if you do that or not, but it keeps the distraction down for me.

Hope you're doing alright. The amount of text messages that you get sounds overwhelming man, I wouldn't want to deal with that. I can definitely understand wishing you didn't have a phone.
I have all my texts and groups muted except my wife. I only see texts when I go looking. Don't know if you do that or not, but it keeps the distraction down for me.

I try to keep the groups muted but a bulk of those texts are people I'm somewhat obligated to respond to. It's stressful but if you use an iPhone, Apple recently added a feature to create different "do not disturb" profiles. So now I have one that blocks everything, one that blocks everything except my wife, and one that blocks everything except my wife and emails. So that's nice to have.

I try to keep the groups muted but a bulk of those texts are people I'm somewhat obligated to respond to. It's stressful but if you use an iPhone, Apple recently added a feature to create different "do not disturb" profiles. So now I have one that blocks everything, one that blocks everything except my wife, and one that blocks everything except my wife and emails. So that's nice to have.
I'm an android guy just because that's what I've been using for so long, so I don't have that feature although I can allow specific people to bypass do not disturb. Recognizing an obligation to respond to someone is commendable but you definitely deserve and need to focus on yourself, too.

I don't handle that shit well. When I started working where I am now I put my work email on my phone and didn't think much of it. Random email here and there, screw it I'll answer even though it's 7PM. COVID comes around, the school closes, and I become a glorified on-call technician. Getting calls and texts from teachers who shouldn't have even had my phone number, getting emails all through the night with the expectation that I would answer them. It was driving me absolutely insane and I felt like I could never relax because as soon as my phone would go off my heart would drop to my stomach.

Whether these groups are friends, business partners, customers, etc. you definitely deserve to be able to disconnect yourself from your phone and focus on yourself. I think always having a communication method and internet at the tips of our fingers is more detrimental than beneficial for people such as you or I. Just remember to take care of yourself and your loved ones - everything else should be secondary to that.

I've got to just put this in words somewhere so I can get it off my chest.

My fiancee has been pushing me for the better part of a year to get help. I've got some serious obsessive-compulsive disorders that are messing with me. I will just obsess over something minor, and even though I can acknowledge it's not a big deal it's like my brain doesn't acknowledge itself. I will spend weeks at a time obsessing over a scratch or a ding to the point where it's all I can even think about. It has gotten really bad since I got my truck most likely because it's not exactly cheap and I love it, but it's not limited to the truck either. I mean Jesus, man, I scratched my new Stihl chainsaw a week after getting it and THAT even bothered me for a few days. Really? A fucking chainsaw is going to bother me that much? It's meant to cut trees down, not to be stared at. That's not normal...they're material items, tools, that are meant to be used. But I can say that to myself and within 10 seconds get a scratch or a ding on something and I practically forget what I just said.

It's getting to the point where I'm downright miserable and I can't imagine I'm the most fun for my fiancee to be around. I'm going to try and go back on Effexor and I contacted 4 psychologists to try and set up an appointment with someone. My OCD in the past year has been fucking terrible and it's literally driving me crazy, I need to find some ways or exercises to deal with it. nd I'm passed the point of being able to hide it and trying to ignore it or "hoping" it'll get better. Maybe it won't get better I don't know, but it's definitely not going to get any better without actively working on it.

This post is probably all over the place because my mind is going 1000 miles a minute but I just had to get it off my chest.

Im on some new meds that are really fucking with my system. No energy, always tired and feel sick to my stomach. But hey my blood sugars are the best theyve been in a long ass time.

im ready to leave my bullshit job, alternatives may pay more but pay isn’t everything. I wish the start up my wife is working for would hurry up and sell then ill be ok to take a few months off. Fortunate that it will be an option When the time comes. She my sugar mama.

went to a concert last night for the first time in 2 years. That felt nice. Front row for Elton John !! Once in a lifetime chance to see him on a farewell tour so went all out. I even got on the big screen a few time, threw up devil horns. That had to suprise some of the older people there. Haha. Cost a grip but you only have a limited time i suppose.

7F12E44D-FFF7-466B-A02B-D355EB599474.jpeg
8AF8E774-3944-4693-88E3-F39258CB1899.jpeg
45B107A7-D616-4F79-A665-2B98F4AECCEC.jpeg

My fiancee has been pushing me for the better part of a year to get help. I've got some serious obsessive-compulsive disorders that are messing with me. I will just obsess over something minor, and even though I can acknowledge it's not a big deal it's like my brain doesn't acknowledge itself. I will spend weeks at a time obsessing over a scratch or a ding to the point where it's all I can even think about. It has gotten really bad since I got my truck most likely because it's not exactly cheap and I love it, but it's not limited to the truck either. I mean Jesus, man, I scratched my new Stihl chainsaw a week after getting it and THAT even bothered me for a few days. Really? A fucking chainsaw is going to bother me that much? It's meant to cut trees down, not to be stared at. That's not normal...they're material items, tools, that are meant to be used. But I can say that to myself and within 10 seconds get a scratch or a ding on something and I practically forget what I just said.

It's getting to the point where I'm downright miserable and I can't imagine I'm the most fun for my fiancee to be around. I'm going to try and go back on Effexor and I contacted 4 psychologists to try and set up an appointment with someone. My OCD in the past year has been fucking terrible and it's literally driving me crazy, I need to find some ways or exercises to deal with it. nd I'm passed the point of being able to hide it and trying to ignore it or "hoping" it'll get better. Maybe it won't get better I don't know, but it's definitely not going to get any better without actively working on it.

This post is probably all over the place because my mind is going 1000 miles a minute but I just had to get it off my chest.

Broooo. I thought it was just me and people giving me shit about it. Buying things, I'll always look at the packaging. Go back a few or couple. Clear packaging, I'll look inside and check for the least amount of imperfections. It's definitely a time sink. Even tools. Knowing they are to be used, I'll keep them in the best condition possible. I have been able to let some things go. It could be the Lexapro/Busbar. They had me at the highest dose or Zoloft and that ruined my life. I haven't gotten them to adjust anything with what I'm on now. So I'm not entirely sure if it's helping or I'm adjusting. Replace things over small blemishes. So saying I can relate and you're not alone on this. It gets better. Maybe it's compartmentalizing things that can be banged up and things you keep super safe. Like accepting some things are meant to get wear. How old are you?

Broooo. I thought it was just me and people giving me shit about it. Buying things, I'll always look at the packaging. Go back a few or couple. Clear packaging, I'll look inside and check for the least amount of imperfections. It's definitely a time sink. Even tools. Knowing they are to be used, I'll keep them in the best condition possible. I have been able to let some things go. It could be the Lexapro/Busbar. They had me at the highest dose or Zoloft and that ruined my life. I haven't gotten them to adjust anything with what I'm on now. So I'm not entirely sure if it's helping or I'm adjusting. Replace things over small blemishes. So saying I can relate and you're not alone on this. It gets better. Maybe it's compartmentalizing things that can be banged up and things you keep super safe. Like accepting some things are meant to get wear. How old are you?
Yeah, that all sounds about right.

Zoloft gave me a seizure when I was like 17 so because of that there's certain medications that I can't take.

I was on lexapro but it didn't feel like it helped...because I feel like the depression was the end result of things rather than the main issue. I stopped taking effexor because I felt like it wasn't working but I look back on it and I think it was, I think I was just drinking too often and it was messing with it.

I'm 27 - 28 in September. But I've been this way as far as I remember - my father is the same way, maybe worse maybe not.

Yeah, that all sounds about right.

Zoloft gave me a seizure when I was like 17 so because of that there's certain medications that I can't take.

I was on lexapro but it didn't feel like it helped...because I feel like the depression was the end result of things rather than the main issue. I stopped taking effexor because I felt like it wasn't working but I look back on it and I think it was, I think I was just drinking too often and it was messing with it.

I'm 27 - 28 in September. But I've been this way as far as I remember - my father is the same way, maybe worse maybe not.
Around that age, I was the same. The OCD properties you describe started to lessen slightly after 30. I'm 35 now. I think I was able to work on it by acknowledging it and slowly accepting and letting go on certain things. Like brushing it off and moving onto something else fast and distract me. There are still certain things, I treat this way to an extreme. Like drop a phone even with case and it gets replaced. Even if there is no damage. The fall also includes carpet, unless it's super dense carpet and has high amount of impact absorption. Broken down and classified into how and the height of which it falls from. Did it slide off something or was it a complete drop. Did it come in contact with anything during it's fall. Goes as far as chargers and charging ports. I mate mine like penguins. All the chargers that I use are used exclusively for my phone. If have guests, they can't use my cords. It's wireless or I keep spare cords. micro-USB, Apple, USB-C... Probably have 100+ in packaging and all. Then personal use cords and accessories always have to be matching or are limited to a limited number of brands per phone. I'm known to be "peculiar" or "meticulous". People see me as an A-Type personality type where my home is a super modern minimalistic bachelor pad, when it's organized chaos. Maybe the BuSpar helped a little or the self realization that it's a lot of time and unnecessary stress. Knowing that the anxiety and stress is too much. That it's consumed me. Possibly with all the COVID stuff, it might just be me being extremely lazy and not wanting to worry about it. Sorry to just go on about this. I just share so you know you're not alone. I think it would have been nice to know someone else shared these thoughts when I was at my manic type spots. Maybe give me something to think about and slow myself down. Some of the shit I do is wild. Maybe sharing some of the specific habits, we could also share solutions? Prepare for future distractions? Maybe you'll trap me into a new hobby I'll become impulsively obsessed with to push me further away from my other crisis? :)

Around that age, I was the same. The OCD properties you describe started to lessen slightly after 30. I'm 35 now. I think I was able to work on it by acknowledging it and slowly accepting and letting go on certain things. Like brushing it off and moving onto something else fast and distract me. There are still certain things, I treat this way to an extreme. Like drop a phone even with case and it gets replaced. Even if there is no damage. The fall also includes carpet, unless it's super dense carpet and has high amount of impact absorption. Broken down and classified into how and the height of which it falls from. Did it slide off something or was it a complete drop. Did it come in contact with anything during it's fall. Goes as far as chargers and charging ports. I mate mine like penguins. All the chargers that I use are used exclusively for my phone. If have guests, they can't use my cords. It's wireless or I keep spare cords. micro-USB, Apple, USB-C... Probably have 100+ in packaging and all. Then personal use cords and accessories always have to be matching or are limited to a limited number of brands per phone. I'm known to be "peculiar" or "meticulous". People see me as an A-Type personality type where my home is a super modern minimalistic bachelor pad, when it's organized chaos. Maybe the BuSpar helped a little or the self realization that it's a lot of time and unnecessary stress. Knowing that the anxiety and stress is too much. That it's consumed me. Possibly with all the COVID stuff, it might just be me being extremely lazy and not wanting to worry about it. Sorry to just go on about this. I just share so you know you're not alone. I think it would have been nice to know someone else shared these thoughts when I was at my manic type spots. Maybe give me something to think about and slow myself down. Some of the shit I do is wild. Maybe sharing some of the specific habits, we could also share solutions? Prepare for future distractions? Maybe you'll trap me into a new hobby I'll become impulsively obsessed with to push me further away from my other crisis? :)
It seems like it has definitely gotten worse with age. I've struggled with depression for a long time, but this particular issue really started to reared its ugly head in my early twenties and it hasn't been very fun.

I'll shoot you a message, always up for making friends.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like it has definitely gotten worse with age. I've struggled with depression for a long time, but this particular issue really started to reared its ugly head in my early twenties and it hasn't been very fun.

I'll shoot you a message, always up for making friends.
Anytime. Just might be slow to respond at times. Work limits accessibility.

Are you the 2 hours away guy?

I'm an android guy just because that's what I've been using for so long, so I don't have that feature although I can allow specific people to bypass do not disturb. Recognizing an obligation to respond to someone is commendable but you definitely deserve and need to focus on yourself, too.

We can do that. Was always there. There's so much implemented into these phones. I've even been setting auto-texts. Phone will auto send a text, when you want it to. Remember, Google people are geniuses. They are all about the work force having a work/personal life and stuff.

You can create separate profiles. You have your main/personal one. Then you can have a work one. If it's difficult to just go cold turkey, I'm pretty sure there's a way to set limits. Like you would get the first 3 notifications from that, and then no more until the next day.

Another solution is to create user groups. Categorize everything in Contacts/People to groups. Work/Personal. Regular hour work things to work. Then you could slip a few important calls to your Personal so they always come through.

Tie it all together with Do Not Disturb settings. Controlled by who and what times. Even hide the notifications.

Google Voice. Google Voice will assign you an additional number for free.
Then associate work calls to that number and keep your personal or leave your number now as a work number, then use the new number as your new personal. Limit who has it.

Pretty seamless and simple. Free. One phone.

Could also try and make work give you a work phone.

Last edited:

I like keeping all my stuff as nice as I can too. I never thought it was OCD, just figured I was very particular. I like stuff to be a certain way. I'm the guy straightening up store shelves as I walk around.

In the self reflection I've done I came to the conclusion it was a branch of having things in order/having an orderly life. Keeping things nice, clean, undamaged, etc. is a component of that.

Things also have a purpose (like your saw). The guns I use for competition, while I keep them nice I see their imperfections and wear as a badge of honor. Internally they are perfectly maintained. Things that are used especially to acquire and hone a skill should have the marks of those activities with them. They can only get them from "being there" and "doing that" in my opinion.

Well maintained/used and abused are two different things. I don't think you or anyone on here abuses their equipment.

So, fast forward to this Monday, 2 weeks after removing his bad tooth, and we find a mass about the size of a cherry in the extraction site. The tumor is so aggressive that he really only has days left.

His owner was so upset...she calls him her "ride or die" buddy, and he's seen her through some really tough times. I'm so sad for her. This is definitely one of those days when I hate my job, and would rather do anything than what I do.
Vets and vet techs are amazing, and I cannot fathom how y'all can do it.

I lost the best friend of my life one week ago.

He passed quietly, in his sleep, shortly before we woke up.

Between trying to figure out how to get a necropsy, arranging for his cremation after, and dealing with some pharmacy SNAFUs around my other dog's medication on the same damned day, the only things that kept me going were the compassion of the vet techs and the fact that my wife needed me to handle it because she was in no state to do so.

This last week has been the hardest one since my father died, like, 10 years ago.

Without you vets and techs, I would have been lost. Thanks for doing the job the many of us could not.

Last edited:
I intend to read and reply to the long posts above. But for now I just want to say I’m feeling like crap and pissed at myself for not closing out this Rig of the Month yet. @Biohazard you obviously won but I’m sorry I haven’t made the thread about it yet.

I intend to read and reply to the long posts above. But for now I just want to say I’m feeling like crap and pissed at myself for not closing out this Rig of the Month yet. @Biohazard you obviously won but I’m sorry I haven’t made the thread about it yet.
No worriers brother....

Between trying to figure out how to get a necropsy, arranging for his cremation after, and dealing with some pharmacy SNAFUs around my other dog's medication on the same damned day, the only things that kept me going were the compassion of the vet techs and the fact that my wife needed me to handle it because she was in no state to do so.

This last week has been the hardest one since my father died, like, 10 years ago.

Without you vets and techs, I would have been lost. Thanks for doing the job the many of us could not.
My condolences to you and your family. I'm not looking forward to that day, and I don't think our Vet is either. She's been our dogs vet her whole life. And at 13 being the runt of the litter, as well as being a small dog with needs she's on borrowed time. Please feel free to reach out @fourgotten if you want to talk.

I lost my teen to 20's pup after my deployment. I was home for about 2 weeks when my sister found him. He went peacefully in his favorite napping spot. My parents cremated him and he now lives on their mantel forever.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

And for everyone who had kind words to say, thank you. You truly have no idea how much it means to hear such things. All too often, veterinary professionals are accused of being uncaring money grubbers, and nothing could be further from the truth. Nobody goes into veterinary medicine thinking they're going to strike it rich. The reason we do what we do has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with helping people and their furry family members live their best life, and helping them out of their pain with kindness and compassion. Again, thank you all.

This is my little baby Katie at 3 weeks old, having survived peritonitis and major surgery. I had her for 10 years before I lost her to bone cancer. The vet I work for saved her life for me; she came to us ADR (ain't doing right), and was so sick. She had maybe a 30% chance of surviving the surgery (which she did), and grew up to be the best dog. I miss her every day.

Attachments

• Baby Katie.jpg
    Baby Katie.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 46
I want to take a minute to say how amazing this thread is. Society totally down plays and has this BS stigma on health that goes on up stairs. There's definitely a double standard when it comes between men and women.

Basically, it's not fair for women to ask for 'equal rights' then tell men to 'suck it up'. It literally makes my heart happy seeing this thread and I applaud each and every one of you here. We are all human and need to have balance in all areas of our lives.

Yes, I'm that woman that the women hate 🤣 and I'm completely fine with it.

Last edited:
@Tyler (EDIT: or anyone) have you ever had a stress test done for any of your medical stuff? I'm just trying to see how bad it's going to be.

I have one scheduled for tomorrow and I'm already nervous about it.

Last edited:
@Tyler (EDIT: or anyone) have you ever had a stress test done for any of your medical stuff? I'm just trying to see how bad it's going to be.

Can't comment on the stress test - never had one done. Just wanted to reply and say good luck (y)

Same as @Mike_570 for me.

Do you know what all the test entails?

Same as @Mike_570 for me.

Do you know what all the test entails?
From what I understand there are 2 types. One being a nuclear and treadmill. I have a dye allergy so the nuclear one is out. I'm not sure what all I'll be doing, but I'd assume they are going to make me run on a treadmill.

BRB headed to google lol

EDIT: doesn't seem awful, but I've heard horror stories

Last edited:
I'm so sorry for your loss.

And for everyone who had kind words to say, thank you. You truly have no idea how much it means to hear such things. All too often, veterinary professionals are accused of being uncaring money grubbers, and nothing could be further from the truth. Nobody goes into veterinary medicine thinking they're going to strike it rich. The reason we do what we do has nothing to do with money, and everything to do with helping people and their furry family members live their best life, and helping them out of their pain with kindness and compassion. Again, thank you all.

This is my little baby Katie at 3 weeks old, having survived peritonitis and major surgery. I had her for 10 years before I lost her to bone cancer. The vet I work for saved her life for me; she came to us ADR (ain't doing right), and was so sick. She had maybe a 30% chance of surviving the surgery (which she did), and grew up to be the best dog. I miss her every day.
And I, for yours. It's never easy to lose our furry family, and it still hurts even years later.

Samson was the best dog that I've ever known. Never growled at anyone (well, ok, two or three times he'd see someone out of the car window that he didn't quite like the look of and give a little growl, but never face-to-face), loved everyone, happiest damned dog ever, and just adored his people.

His passing was sudden and unforeseen, from hemangiosarcoma-related internal exsanguination. He hadn't been diagnosed or anything... it was just there one day, and fatal. At least the necropsy let us know that he passed in the best possible way for that cancer. No chemo, no surgery, no pain... just went to sleep after a happy day full of love, and didn't awaken.

I empathize with your loss. Cancer is horrid and it's not at all fair.

Thank you for what you do.

Also, these sorts of discussions are so hard to know how to react. I mean, ya don't "like" that someone's going through things... it's not helpful that they are going through things... certainly don't love it... we need a "I see you. I see your pain. I want you to know that and know that I care." react... no - I don't know what that would look like. :D

Last edited:
From what I understand there are 2 types. One being a nuclear and treadmill. I have a dye allergy so the nuclear one is out. I'm not sure what all I'll be doing, but I'd assume they are going to make me run on a treadmill.

BRB headed to google lol

EDIT: doesn't seem awful, but I've heard horror stories
Not a big deal. You'll walk on a treadmill with ekg leads attached. A nurse or tech will have you walk until you're a bit winded, and they'll watch the ekg and see if there are any ischemic changes like ST depression, elevations, T wave inversions, PVC's, etc. The location of those changes suggests if and where any coronary blockages are present.

Hope things go well. Kinda odd. Good news would seem to be no blockages, but then you have to keep hunting for what is causing symptoms. Bad news would seem to be blockages, but then you'll know what's up and we've got lots of things to fix blockages (stents, bypasses, meds).

Not a big deal. You'll walk on a treadmill with ekg leads attached. A nurse or tech will have you walk until you're a bit winded, and they'll watch the ekg and see if there are any ischemic changes like ST depression, elevations, T wave inversions, PVC's, etc. The location of those changes suggests if and where any coronary blockages are present.

Hope things go well. Kinda odd. Good news would seem to be no blockages, but then you have to keep hunting for what is causing symptoms. Bad news would seem to be blockages, but then you'll know what's up and we've got lots of things to fix blockages (stents, bypasses, meds).
Thank you for the very descriptive answer!

It’s actually part of my transplant checklist. I had to be seen by a cardiologist. Dental was done last week with clearance. Only things left are pulmonologist appt next week and the cardiologist clearance for the kidney/pancreas transplant.

Thank you for the very descriptive answer!

It’s actually part of my transplant checklist. I had to be seen by a cardiologist. Dental was done last week with clearance. Only things left are pulmonologist appt next week and the cardiologist clearance for the kidney/pancreas transplant.
Love it. Good luck. Kidney-panc works great when they work. Fun surgeries, and patients go from being brittle diabetics on dialysis to normal almost overnight when everything goes well.

Back