• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

hellopuppie's 2018 Grey Guthe Trail Limo TRD Off-Road DCLB 4x4 Build and BS

I’m bummed I missed it! No more of those hours for me starting in 2 weeks. Now I can get back to mods and hitting the trails with you guys
Yeah, I don’t blame you though, mang. That's a long-ass week! Yeah buddy! I love the night trail runs but I need more of the lumens!!

Awesome build. I’m glad this forum isn’t so anti-Icon like a certain other site. I love mine.

Well fuck me. I finally figured out where all the cool kids are hanging out.

BTW, the sliders look spectacular.

Well fuck me. I finally figured out where all the cool kids are hanging out.

BTW, the sliders look spectacular.
Hey, what's up man? Good to see you over here! Dude, this place is way better than Tacoma World. It got to the point where we couldn't post any sort of useful information or lightly criticize anything without getting banned. So, fuck em! Here we are in our new home!

Thanks man! I couldn't be happier with how the sliders came out. @SDHQ OFFROAD did an excellent job on building them and they look even better in person. My rocker panels are finally safe! They're so long and still only weigh about 50 lbs each!

6/30/2018 - Had a great night run out at Butcher Jones with @JerryTaco2.0, @JTS2016TACO, @Panetrain4x4 and Nick (4Runner guy) for Jerry's birthday. I made the mistake of doing a high speed run through the wash with Jerry so I fear I may be "losing" $3k some time soon! #bypasslife :cry:

1530541617992.png

1530541725791.png

1530541777839.png

1530541841327.png

Hey, what's up man? Good to see you over here! Dude, this place is way better than Tacoma World. It got to the point where we couldn't post any sort of useful information or lightly criticize anything without getting banned. So, fuck em! Here we are in our new home!

Thanks man! I couldn't be happier with how the sliders came out. @SDHQ OFFROAD did an excellent job on building them and they look even better in person. My rocker panels are finally safe! They're so long and still only weigh about 50 lbs each!

I have no hate for TW. I learned a lot over there, but I get where you’re coming from. Anxious to see what I can learn over here.

Did you ever get your door ding fixed?

Are the lips of your rims gloss black or matte black? I've found the best way to touch up rock rash on matte black surfaces is with an Ultra Fine Sharpie. The best way to touch up gloss black is with a Testors gloss black enamel paint pen - just be ready with a paper towel to wipe off excess. Be sure to sand down any sharp edges with 320 grit first otherwise it'll tear the end of the pen up and it'll be harder to get in the nooks and crannies. My Ray10s still looked pretty good after 2 years of abuse just by touching them up now and then like that.

Are the lips of your rims gloss black or matte black? I've found the best way to touch up rock rash on matte black surfaces is with an Ultra Fine Sharpie. The best way to touch up gloss black is with a Testors gloss black enamel paint pen - just be ready with a paper towel to wipe off excess. Be sure to sand down any sharp edges with 320 grit first otherwise it'll tear the end of the pen up and it'll be harder to get in the nooks and crannies. My Ray10s still looked pretty good after 2 years of abuse just by touching them up now and then like that.
They're matte black. I was actually thinking about using a Sharpie too, but I'm really not that worried about it. That being said, I'll probably hit it with a Sharpie really quick just to see how it looks. Cant hurt right?

They're matte black. I was actually thinking about using a Sharpie too, but I'm really not that worried about it. That being said, I'll probably hit it with a Sharpie really quick just to see how it looks. Cant hurt right?
Nope can't hurt. The first coat with a sharpie looks kind of bluish/purplish but after you hit it a 2nd or 3rd time it becomes a nice deep black.

Aluma-Black by Birchwood Casey is another product that works even better for touching up matte aluminum surfaces, but it's more expensive and harder to find because it's a specialty gun care product so I saved that for my shadetree gunsmithing and just stuck to the Sharpie most of the time.

Not that I have to worry about it at all any more, because nylon rock rings
flipoff.gif

Back