• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

hellopuppie's 2018 Grey Guthe Trail Limo TRD Off-Road DCLB 4x4 Build and BS

Nope can't hurt. The first coat with a sharpie looks kind of bluish/purplish but after you hit it a 2nd or 3rd time it becomes a nice deep black.

Aluma-Black by Birchwood Casey is another product that works even better for touching up matte aluminum surfaces, but it's more expensive and harder to find because it's a specialty gun care product so I saved that for my shadetree gunsmithing and just stuck to the Sharpie most of the time.

Not that I have to worry about it at all any more, because nylon rock rings
flipoff.gif
Lol, did you download all of the TW emojis? (y)

Cool, thanks man! I also kinda like the suggestion that @Lord Humongous had for the beadlock conversion. I actually wouldn't mind bolting some version of these on every time we went out. https://www.omfperformance.com/beadlocked_conversions.php. There's a lot of bolts, but not much of a problem with a cordless drill! :unsure:

Where did you get your nylon rock rings? Or did they come with your wheels?

Lol, did you download all of the TW emojis? (y)

Cool, thanks man! I also kinda like the suggestion that @Lord Humongous had for the beadlock conversion. I actually wouldn't mind bolting some version of these on every time we went out. https://www.omfperformance.com/beadlocked_conversions.php. There's a lot of bolts, but not much of a problem with a cordless drill! :unsure:

Where did you get your nylon rock rings? Or did they come with your wheels?
Haha yeah I stole what I wanted from the other site and basically turned everything into a troll account but hopefully I won't get banned until I'm able to sell the old parts off my truck haha

Screenshot_20180703-104058.png

And yes I specifically bought wheels with removable rock rings this time, and Vision happened to make these ones with nylon rings that never affect balancing and there's no coatings to chip or scratch so they require no touch up and are fairly cheap to replace if / when you completely destroy them.

Lol, I have a rental home over by his new house. I'ma have to move back into it if my renters ever move out. But I couldn't ask for better renters so I'm pretty happy with the whole thing at the moment.
fuck it, kick em out and come back to the hood. We'll get @ShankedT4R and we'll fit right in with the rest of the neighbors..

For those who don't know, my hood is filled with like minded people. Dude around the corner has a Mercedes G Wagon on 34's with a James Barude RTT, Front Runner Rack and a host of other shit, along with a Turtle Back Trailer, Tundra, quads, etc.. Another neighbor has 100 Series Land Cruiser with an Alucab tent, Lexus LX470 and another Land Cruiser.... And a hand full of other awesome trucks floating around. I keep seeing a white 3rd gen Tacoma with an ADD front bumper and some chick driving it, but don't know who it is.

One for you ??

Annnd one for you ??

?
That's not very nice Sean...

By the way, I saw on the news that they painted the crosswalks in your neighborhood with the rainbow flag. Coincidence?

Did they really? :confused:

Turning into fucking San Francisco.
They did actually but that's not really my neighborhood. It's a couple miles north. I didn't believe it at first so I drove by and low and behold, there's Jerry skipping his way back and forth on the crosswalk. He looked soooo happy! Lol

They did actually but that's not really my neighborhood. It's a couple miles north. I didn't believe it at first so I drove by and low and behold, there's Jerry skipping his way back and forth on the crosswalk. He looked soooo happy! Lol
Hahahahahaha!

Back