• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Future for Pelfreybilt

SD_Taco

6️⃣ Aficionado
Tacoma3G Supporter
Tacoma3G O.G.
Reaction score
2017 TRD OR DCSB Auto
Inferno
I thought a separate thread was needed regarding the recent news from Pelfreybilt which is currently going through unknown changes.

B3BBBE60-8E78-406C-94BD-DA7849E635B2.jpeg

This is very troublesome for many of us who have placed orders because we want to know:

1. Will we receive our parts as promised?
2. Do we still want to be part of the “Pelfreybilt Family” if this company changed for the worse?
3. Can we cancel our orders and get our full deposit back?
4. Has the quality in materials and craftsmanship changed?

Like many others, we are worried if the company fails, and parts/money is still owed, we would be screwed out of the time we waisted and the money lost. We understand it’s going through some bad times and it shows when there is no current customer service, but we still want to off road our trucks and there are many other great companies who are ready to build us what we need.

Last edited:
Definitely strange given the outstanding rep they have in the community. Shit happens though, but we don't actually know anything yet either.

DB4D0120-2328-40CE-914C-8295AFD05FA5.png
Here’s what an admin on TW posted before locking the thread, I’m hoping it’s nothing drastic because they are good people and a great company, but be what it is, it’s really not good business practice to just stop taking orders and then not respond or tell anyone who has given them hundreds and thousands of dollars with nothing to go off of.

Last I heard from @mh.meier was that they lost a few employees and material costs and shortages are killing them. But they’re trying to find better sources. Not very reassuring...

I will echo that the Pelfrey's are very good people, but would agree that this is not a great business practice. If there's an issue, explain the circumstances and communicate what is being done. But to just go dark when there are so many people that have committed thousands of dollars is going to create a lot of uneasy customers. Now, I am sure that nobody is going to lose their money, and hope that whatever it is they are working through, improves business process and that whatever the personal challenges are, get resolved amicably

I will echo that the Pelfrey's are very good people, but would agree that this is not a great business practice. If there's an issue, explain the circumstances and communicate what is being done. But to just go dark when there are so many people that have committed thousands of dollars is going to create a lot of uneasy customers. Now, I am sure that nobody is going to lose their money, and hope that whatever it is they are working through, improves business process and that whatever the personal challenges are, get resolved amicably
Well Said Jerry, as someone who has a pending order with them (rear bumper) it is not very assuring when they go radio silent then follow up with a not very descriptive message. But they are good people so I trust them to do the right thing for all their customers where ever their business goes

Uggh...really tired of hearing they are “good” people. I guess everyone bounced and customer service doesn’t matter anymore. But we’ll wait because we are #pelfreybiltfamily ??‍♂️

Uggh...really tired of hearing they are “good” people. I guess everyone bounced and customer service doesn’t matter anymore. But we’ll wait because we are #pelfreybiltfamily ??‍♂️

or, you could just file a charge back and move on with life.

Can you explain how to do that?

Did you pay with a credit card? If so call them, let them know you ordered something and it was never delivered.

While not the path i'd take just yet, but there comes a point when neither party will be happy and it's often times best to move on prior to that. I've got money on the table too so understand that I know where you're coming from.

Last edited:
Did you pay with a credit card? If so call them, let them know you ordered something and it was never delivered.

While not the path i'd take just yet, but there comes a point when neither party will be happy and it's soften times best to move on prior to that. I've got money on the table too so understand that I know where you're coming from.

1. No one is answering any phones or emails.
2. I didn’t pay with a credit card.
3. Before all this, a friend of mine was refused a full deposit refund.
4. For order cancellations they charge 20%.

1. No one is answering any phones or emails.
2. I didn’t pay with a credit card.
3. Before all this, a friend of mine was refused a full deposit refund.
4. For order cancellations they charge 20%.

1. I meant your CC company
2. Lesson for the future. Credit cards like making their customers happy and will dispute charges on your behalf.
3. Best of luck to you.
4. See number 2.

Thanks, I just checked and forgot I did make a card payment for the front bumper, and used my bank for the new rear back in February.

Definitely a lesson learned to stick with credit card purchases for big items. I’ll wait it out and see what news they have for us before requesting a refund though.

Thanks, I just checked and forgot I did make a card payment for the front bumper, and used my bank for the new rear back in February.

Definitely a lesson learned to stick with credit card purchases for big items. I’ll wait it out and see what news they have for us before requesting a refund though.

good luck man. i’m waiting on the rear as i paid in full for it

So what does that mean
It means they cannot produce any products and if you have a paid order you better file a dispute if you used a credit card! I just filed my dispute. I hope for the best for everyone !

I just can’t believe they continued to take orders knowing they could not fulfill the orders on their own. Who would invest in a company that has a huge backorder to fill?

The announcement I’m looking for to “right the ship” is that they will honor a full refund regardless which method used to pay. And request more patience for those still faithful to the company if they were willing to wait for their bumper/sliders/skids.

Welllllll, it's after the holiday and still no further statement.

man, im like do i call my credit card company, or ride this one out?

It's just weird. They are obviously being vague on purpose. I have heard first hand accounts of people driving by their facility to see it completely shut down. I think they owe it to the people who they took money from to fully explain the situation in it's entirety. But the way they are currently handling it, I think it's just causing more harm than good. I see a slew of chargebacks further complicating the issue. But, if they can't afford to pay their employees, then do they even have the money to refund the customer? And will the CC company issue refunds if it is past the 120 day grace period?

Just sucks that they are keeping everyone in the dark.

Back