• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Future for Pelfreybilt

my CC company just said sorry, nothing we can do past 90-days. I paid on feb 13th. At this point its likely just money gone.

Having gone through an experience exactly like this recently, my guess is they oversold their customers on capabilities to keep business coming in. Then used that money to make older orders, similar to how a ponzi scheme works, but I highly doubt they were intending that. Then they're losing money so they're going to file bankruptcy because they cannot afford to keep the business up. The "investors" are probably people they [pelfreybilt] are trying to sell the assets to. This is exactly what happened to my old job.

Having gone through an experience exactly like this recently, my guess is they oversold their customers on capabilities to keep business coming in. Then used that money to make older orders, similar to how a ponzi scheme works, but I highly doubt they were intending that. Then they're losing money so they're going to file bankruptcy because they cannot afford to keep the business up. The "investors" are probably people they [pelfreybilt] are trying to sell the assets to. This is exactly what happened to my old job.
That sounds really accurate and scary.

They have responded to one comment on facebook, just to give a smart ass response saying "who said we closed?" instead of answering any legitimate or concerned questions. They are being very unprofessional for a business with everything they've been posting, paypal is still at "under review" on my claim

They have responded to one comment on facebook, just to give a smart ass response saying "who said we closed?" instead of answering any legitimate or concerned questions. They are being very unprofessional for a business with everything they've been posting, paypal is still at "under review" on my claim

to be fair thats not what was said. Theres zero chance they can or should be addressing individual claims or people on IG. IT'll be an endless wave of shit. They should be addressing concerns as a whole and laying out plans, progress and status.

Was that their official response after Labor Day? ??‍♂️ I started the process with my bank to get my money back too. Hope I get all of it back so I can go give it to CBI ?

to be fair thats not what was said. Theres zero chance they can or should be addressing individual claims or people on IG. IT'll be an endless wave of shit. They should be addressing concerns as a whole and laying out plans, progress and status.
It’s exactly what they said word for word but with an emoji, check their Facebook post

Was that their official response after Labor Day? ??‍♂️ I started the process with my bank to get my money back too. Hope I get all of it back so I can go give it to CBI ?
Trick question, there was no response!

6704FE2A-19B4-45A5-9EDC-7957159D62C1.png
Was wrong about the emoji part thinking of a different comment. But this and the 2 follow up comments are the only Facebook replies they have made

Like I understand if legally they can’t make certain comments or just aren’t allowed to make a reply, but if they can they should be instead of liking all the heartfelt comments about people supporting their company and hoping for the best instead of answering legitimate questions from people who gave them thousands of dollars get no response like or anything even though they are obviously reading every comment.

Like I understand if legally they can’t make certain comments or just aren’t allowed to make a reply, but if they can they should be instead of liking all the heartfelt comments about people supporting their company and hoping for the best instead of answering legitimate questions from people who gave them thousands of dollars get no response like or anything even though they are obviously reading every comment.
don’t think you and i are on opposite sides of the fence. i 100% agree that they’re handling this super shitty. i don’t think they can or should even be posting or liking shit unless they’re paving the way forward. which they seemingly aren’t.

Another day and still not a peep. These guys are honestly losing any credibility that they ever had and are more and more making themselves look like crooks. They owe each and every one of the customers that they collected money from for an unfulfilled order answers as to the status of their money and or product. Each day they go silent is another foot in their own grave.

Another day and still not a peep. These guys are honestly losing any credibility that they ever had and are more and more making themselves look like crooks. They owe each and every one of the customers that they collected money from for an unfulfilled order answers as to the status of their money and or product. Each day they go silent is another foot in their own grave.

the worst part is all of our bodies are in that grave too.

the worst part is all of our bodies are in that grave too.
At the rate they are going, they are really setting themselves up for a class action lawsuit, which would further burry them. How fucking hard is it to produce real answers?

This dude makes a good point. get out if you can folks.

"This situation is not good for anyone. By most all accounts great products, made by great people. The greater Tacoma community desperately needs these kinds of products and the folks who can build them.

But there ARE a few facts out there. Some of those facts beg questions at this point. These facts and questions might be "off limits" under normal circumstances, but that is not where we are. The legal organization of Pelfrey Off-Road Inc. DID change in April 2018. A few short months later, one might ask, why did Satin become the only Director in April (Tyler no longer is)? The company's behavior over at least the past several months and resulting current circumstances make this a relevant question.

Along the same lines, they have continued to take orders/deposits during a time when they (apparently) could/did not deliver product. Why? They have apparently disputed PayPal refunds of deposits for those products. On what basis did they dispute the refund? At least one poster here claims that he was encouraged to pay cash recently "to avoid the CC transaction fee". I really do hate to say it, but if true, under these circumstances, there is a word for this....

They have let their sales rep go, and perhaps most tellingly, had him sign an NDA. More than likely they paid him X (what he was due?) to get that NDA. Otherwise, why would he sign it? What don't they want us to know now? Remember this is reportedly a new NDA, not one intended from the start of the relationship to protect IP and the general inner workings of the company (suppliers, costs, sales volumes, etc.)

Quoting their own statement here: They are talking to potential investors "to secure funding for the near future to continue business operations". Their intention is to "right the ship within the next 45 days and begin taking new contracts to build cash flow". What is magical about 45 days?

Their ability to right the ship and continue operations are, "entirely contingent on the outcome of these discussions". Pay attention folks, that is the company's most open, direct and clear indication of the depth of the situation. If they can't right the ship in some way, you most certainly will loose the amount you provided to Pelfrey to finance the build of your product.

Over-all, at this point, their statement probably conveys more information than many here realize. And maybe even more than they realize. If there is a cash flow problem; clear and simple.....they spent the money for something else besides making your product.

There quite likely is not material on hand to make most larger products or they would delivering at least some items. Assuming of course they had fabricators. Maybe we are just not hearing about those deliveries? But if they are not delivering any or very little product, they likely no longer have any fabricators beyond Tyler.

They've said they have a cash flow problem. They can't pay fabricators or buy steel if they don't have cash or a line of credit. Clear and simply stated, they spent the money customers paid in advance for something besides making their product. Yeah, I know......that could be unexpected rent/insurance increases, medical, or any number of other things that any single customer might like to forgive. But the fact and the net result is the same.

If their ability to right the ship is dependent on discussions with potential investors, what do you think happens if they can't make a deal? It appears to me that any new investor would be buying a boat load of liability. Probably hundreds of thousands of dollars; maybe much, much more. That doesn't mean there isn't value in the IP if Tyler can/will be involved. His involvement will be complicated by Satin's interest/ownership. Even if he still owns an interest, as sole Director, Satin likely controls everything to do with the company and has since April. Of course that makes her liable for events during that time period. If I were Tyler I wouldn't sign anything not approved by a personal lawyer. Yeah, deep shit this is. An probably caused by events prior to March/April 2018.

Their intention is to make another statement soon. Since we are now a couple of days past the holidays that statement is overdue.

Going forward: What if Tyler either can't or doesn't want to be involved? Who owns the IP? This is relevant to open orders.

Yes, rumor and speculation will fill in any blanks not filled by the few facts the owners post. But any vendor ("family") that takes a few thousand $ of my money and won't or can't legally give me an explanation for what has caused the delay, and when I can expect delivery, simply must be crossed of the list of trusted sources.

That doesn't mean we don't all wish everyone well. A horrible shit show indeed. Anyone that"

This dude makes a good point. get out if you can folks.

"This situation is not good for anyone. By most all accounts great products, made by great people. The greater Tacoma community desperately needs these kinds of products and the folks who can build them.

But there ARE a few facts out there. Some of those facts beg questions at this point. These facts and questions might be "off limits" under normal circumstances, but that is not where we are. The legal organization of Pelfrey Off-Road Inc. DID change in April 2018. A few short months later, one might ask, why did Satin become the only Director in April (Tyler no longer is)? The company's behavior over at least the past several months and resulting current circumstances make this a relevant question.

Along the same lines, they have continued to take orders/deposits during a time when they (apparently) could/did not deliver product. Why? They have apparently disputed PayPal refunds of deposits for those products. On what basis did they dispute the refund? At least one poster here claims that he was encouraged to pay cash recently "to avoid the CC transaction fee". I really do hate to say it, but if true, under these circumstances, there is a word for this....

They have let their sales rep go, and perhaps most tellingly, had him sign an NDA. More than likely they paid him X (what he was due?) to get that NDA. Otherwise, why would he sign it? What don't they want us to know now? Remember this is reportedly a new NDA, not one intended from the start of the relationship to protect IP and the general inner workings of the company (suppliers, costs, sales volumes, etc.)

Quoting their own statement here: They are talking to potential investors "to secure funding for the near future to continue business operations". Their intention is to "right the ship within the next 45 days and begin taking new contracts to build cash flow". What is magical about 45 days?

Their ability to right the ship and continue operations are, "entirely contingent on the outcome of these discussions". Pay attention folks, that is the company's most open, direct and clear indication of the depth of the situation. If they can't right the ship in some way, you most certainly will loose the amount you provided to Pelfrey to finance the build of your product.

Over-all, at this point, their statement probably conveys more information than many here realize. And maybe even more than they realize. If there is a cash flow problem; clear and simple.....they spent the money for something else besides making your product.

There quite likely is not material on hand to make most larger products or they would delivering at least some items. Assuming of course they had fabricators. Maybe we are just not hearing about those deliveries? But if they are not delivering any or very little product, they likely no longer have any fabricators beyond Tyler.

They've said they have a cash flow problem. They can't pay fabricators or buy steel if they don't have cash or a line of credit. Clear and simply stated, they spent the money customers paid in advance for something besides making their product. Yeah, I know......that could be unexpected rent/insurance increases, medical, or any number of other things that any single customer might like to forgive. But the fact and the net result is the same.

If their ability to right the ship is dependent on discussions with potential investors, what do you think happens if they can't make a deal? It appears to me that any new investor would be buying a boat load of liability. Probably hundreds of thousands of dollars; maybe much, much more. That doesn't mean there isn't value in the IP if Tyler can/will be involved. His involvement will be complicated by Satin's interest/ownership. Even if he still owns an interest, as sole Director, Satin likely controls everything to do with the company and has since April. Of course that makes her liable for events during that time period. If I were Tyler I wouldn't sign anything not approved by a personal lawyer. Yeah, deep shit this is. An probably caused by events prior to March/April 2018.

Their intention is to make another statement soon. Since we are now a couple of days past the holidays that statement is overdue.

Going forward: What if Tyler either can't or doesn't want to be involved? Who owns the IP? This is relevant to open orders.

Yes, rumor and speculation will fill in any blanks not filled by the few facts the owners post. But any vendor ("family") that takes a few thousand $ of my money and won't or can't legally give me an explanation for what has caused the delay, and when I can expect delivery, simply must be crossed of the list of trusted sources.

That doesn't mean we don't all wish everyone well. A horrible shit show indeed. Anyone that"
What a complete fuckshow. They've done a stellar job of dragging their own name through the mud and have completely alienated their entire customer base.

Join the cbi family
I will be going with CBI if my CC company comes through with the dispute! If not i will be back to saving my pennies for that CBI swing out!

I will be going with CBI if my CC company comes through with the dispute! If not i will be back to saving my pennies for that CBI swing out!
I have met all the people at Pelfrey and they are all really nice and seemed very genuine and it’s just weird
But hey Nathan from cbi is awesome

I have met all the people at Pelfrey and they are all really nice and seemed very genuine and it’s just weird
But hey Nathan from cbi is awesome
So is Caleb from C4, both companies are great to work with.

Would anybody find this acceptable if it we're anything else? Landscaper did this to you, would you be ok? I think there is a lot of lax feelings about this.

Would anybody find this acceptable if it we're anything else? Landscaper did this to you, would you be ok? I think there is a lot of lax feelings about this.
I dont think anything about this is okay and I have no skin in this game other than friends out thousands of dollars, seemingly burned by these people

I just think it's crazy will make deposits without any written guarantee about delivery. I've done custom wood working for people and every contract I have has a date when it will be completed with some contegencies about if delayed. I don't understand how someone can be ok with doing this practice

I just think it's crazy will make deposits without any written guarantee about delivery. I've done custom wood working for people and every contract I have has a date when it will be completed with some contegencies about if delayed. I don't understand how someone can be ok with doing this practice

A purchase of goods has an implied contract that can hold up in court if there’s a class action suite against it. You can’t take an exchange of money for goods and not deliver, that’s flat out illegal and unethical. If things go south I say people respond with that

Herein lies the problem, they've always been good to me. I have front, rear bumpers, front and mid skid and gas tank skid all shipped fast. Satin and I talked randomly via emails and Tyler and I would help eachother with work projects. When they asked for a $500 deposit to get a place in-line for the first build I had no indication anything was wrong and just said, go ahead and bang the whole thing. wehy, because I had no reason to suspect they were in any trouble what-so-ever. Like most people we know them as the benchmark for both build quality as well as customer service. At 210 days out, im SOL like a few other people. Those who can should look out for themselves the rest of us just better come to grips with we got burned by someone we trusted if things so south.

A purchase of goods has an implied contract that can hold up in court if there’s a class action suite against it. You can’t take an exchange of money for goods and not deliver, that’s flat out illegal and unethical. If things go south I say people respond with that

If bankruptcy is declared, then that changes the ballgame.

Back