• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Future for Pelfreybilt

Herein lies the problem, they've always been good to me. I have front, rear bumpers, front and mid skid and gas tank skid all shipped fast. Satin and I talked randomly via emails and Tyler and I would help eachother with work projects. When they asked for a $500 deposit to get a place in-line for the first build I had no indication anything was wrong and just said, go ahead and bang the whole thing. wehy, because I had no reason to suspect they were in any trouble what-so-ever. Like most people we know them as the benchmark for both build quality as well as customer service. At 210 days out, im SOL like a few other people. Those who can should look out for themselves the rest of us just better come to grips with we got burned by someone we trusted if things so south.
210 days? Damn, that’s kinda crazy even without all this.

210 days? Damn, that’s kinda crazy even without all this.
I've worked in the aftermarket industry for 20 years, seen plenty of companies pop up and disappear. Everyone was always good and emails and replying until about 2 weeks ago. I was in no major hurry and tyler, satin and mike were all always pretty onpoint with replies to where theyre at with the HC rear. Until there was an indication something was up, there was no indication.

Im just fortunate that the money I put into the bumper was fun money for me. I feel for the people that saved for months and could walk away with nothing.

I feel for you guys that gave them money and now have nothing to show. I was looking at that rear dual swing out for the 2nd gen but not in the market just yet for a bumper.
Hopefully everything will work out for the best but I don't see that happening and people should protect themselves as much as possible. Sorry if you are out money @vacant.stare and nothing to show for it.

Sorry if you are out money @vacant.stare and nothing to show for it.

we're all speculating at this moment what will come of the whole thing, but being I paid that long ago if there comes a time to reimburse people if delivering product isn't possible im sure all the recent chargebacks will chew through any money.

I ordered a battery cage and the fuse panel on August 21'st and their emails were basically "Everything is good, the battery cage is out of stock, but we'll have it soon". Since that email I have heard and received nothing. I'm only out 200$, but I have already filed a dispute with my CC company USAA.

I'm wondering if there isn't a divorce in the mix here.

I ordered a battery cage and the fuse panel on August 21'st and their emails were basically "Everything is good, the battery cage is out of stock, but we'll have it soon". Since that email I have heard and received nothing. I'm only out 200$, but I have already filed a dispute with my CC company USAA.

I'm wondering if there isn't a divorce in the mix here.
Yeah, if they cant even deliver those small parts, safe to say they are fuuuuuucked. I'm sure they gladly took your money though

Yeah, if they cant even deliver those small parts, safe to say they are fuuuuuucked. I'm sure they gladly took your money though
My feeling is the same about being fucked. How much material do you need for a fuse panel and a battery cage ffs? Yeah they took my money. They made it seem like they were gonna ship out what they had and then ship the battery cage when it was in stock. They haven't been responding to me for about a week and a half.

My feeling is the same about being fucked. How much material do you need for a fuse panel and a battery cage ffs? Yeah they took my money. They made it seem like they were gonna ship out what they had and then ship the battery cage when it was in stock. They haven't been responding to me for about a week and a half.

Seems to me that they are trying to buy themselves some time right now under the guise of this so called "investor" coming to save the day. But in all reality, it seems that they are steering themselves toward bankruptcy and getting out of their financial obligations to their customers.

But from an investment standpoint, consider this. What about Pelfreybilt is appealing to an investor? They are likely carrying a lot of debt, have tons of unfulfilled orders and no staff to produce the parts that are on order. They already operate on tight margins and are in the midst of an extreme rise in material cost. Add to that high operational costs in general by choosing to do business in Southern California..... Why in the fuck would any investor buy into that?

Seems to me that they are trying to buy themselves some time right now under the guise of this so called "investor" coming to save the day. But in all reality, it seems that they are steering themselves toward bankruptcy and getting out of their financial obligations to their customers.

But from an investment standpoint, consider this. What about Pelfreybilt is appealing to an investor? They are likely carrying a lot of debt, have tons of unfulfilled orders and no staff to produce the parts that are on order. They already operate on tight margins and are in the midst of an extreme rise in material cost. Add to that high operational costs in general by choosing to do business in Southern California..... Why in the fuck would any investor buy into that?
It's a highly competitive industry dependent on a strong economy. Personally I wouldn't invest, but that isn't to say they can't work it out or find someone. It all depends on the portfolio of the the company and it's reputation which is withering by the minute. I think the reason is likely divorce, cash-flow, internal-dispute or all of the above. It seems like they had lots of customers and a good reputation until very recently so poor accounting seems likely.

It's a highly competitive industry dependent on a strong economy. Personally I wouldn't invest, but that isn't to say they can't work it out or find someone. It all depends on the portfolio of the the company and it's reputation which is withering by the minute. I think the reason is likely divorce, cash-flow, internal-dispute or all of the above. It seems like they had lots of customers and a good reputation until very recently so poor accounting seems likely.
Add to that an abandoned trademark.. So the name and IP isn't worth much at this point.

I filed my dispute Saturday have not heard back on it as of yet. Navy Federal Credit Union has been awesome since i have been with them and they seemed to think that they should be able to do something for me dont know if that means full refund or part of a refund i will have to wait and see!

I filed my dispute Saturday have not heard back on it as of yet. Navy Federal Credit Union has been awesome since i have been with them and they seemed to think that they should be able to do something for me dont know if that means full refund or part of a refund i will have to wait and see!
I filed a dispute today for my Aug 21'st payment, I'll let you know what USAA does for me. I paid using my USAA credit card on PayPal so there's a few layers in-between me and the Pelfrey Co.

If there is a divorce involved this could get nasty. MLB had to step in with the sale of the Dodgers due to the divorce getting so nasty. It is not looking good. Really like their rear bumper too but they are off my list for any goods.

Until such time as Pelfrey returns to the forums to answer questions and respond to outstanding orders by member of TW/Tundras/4Runners.com, we are working to remove their vendor status and recommend members with outstanding orders seeking refunds to do so through whatever means they deem necessary​

This is crazy, on July 31 I just checked in and Satin added Tyler and he replied, literally zero indication any issues.
email.jpeg

So they never followed through with the trademark? What does it even mean if they don't have a trademark due to no-reply? Maybe this is a sign that the economic bubble is about to pop. Starting with pelfreybilt!
Well, if you follow the garbage they are feeding people about an investor, it means this;

A company largely built on its name has no trademark of said name nor does it have any patents on its IP. So, what is said brand, built on said name worth when said name is in no way protected nor does it have any value in patented product since there is no patented product.

The answer, not a penny. Furthermore, Pelfrey has been, for months, collecting deposits for pre orders on products that they arare unable to produce.

So, for arguments sake, let's say they have in the ballpark of 400 pending orders at an average of 1,000 dollar deposit per order.

Okay, so now in addition to the name and product with no protection, thus no value, they now have 400k in customer obligation. But they have no material and no fabricators, so how in the world are they going to fulfill these orders?

Add to this rising material and operational costs plus low profit margins, what in the world makes this a viable investment?

Here's a hint from and investor, it doesn't? Nowhere on this picture is a clear sight to when an investor would recoup their initial investment let alone make a profit.

What the Pelfreys are doing is buying time while they file for bankruptcy giving their customers no option for recourse.. if they had any desire to save face and maintain the trust of their customers, they would be providing regular updates regarding the status quo instead of puking out intermittent canned statements provide by their puppeteers

This is a planned and well orchestrated exit strategy and at this point the Pelfrey's are puppets to their "advisers" aka, attorneys.

My advice, if you are within 120 days 0f purchase, file a chargeback with your credit card while you can because once they file, you're fucked

Well, if you follow the garbage they are feeding people about an investor, it means this;

A company largely built on its name has no trademark of said name nor does it have any patents on its IP. So, what is said brand, built on said name worth when said name is in no way protected nor does it have any value in patented product since there is no patented product.

The answer, not a penny. Furthermore, Pelfrey has been, for months, collecting deposits for pre orders on products that they arare unable to produce.

So, for arguments sake, let's say they have in the ballpark of 400 pending orders at an average of 1,000 dollar deposit per order.

Okay, so now in addition to the name and product with no protection, thus no value, they now have 400k in customer obligation. But they have no material and no fabricators, so how in the world are they going to fulfill these orders?

Add to this rising material and operational costs plus low profit margins, what in the world makes this a viable investment?

Here's a hint from and investor, it doesn't? Nowhere on this picture is a clear sight to when an investor would recoup their initial investment let alone make a profit.

What the Pelfreys are doing is buying time while they file for bankruptcy giving their customers no option for recourse.. if they had any desire to save face and maintain the trust of their customers, they would be providing regular updates regarding the status quo instead of puking out intermittent canned statements provide by their puppeteers

This is a planned and well orchestrated exit strategy and at this point the Pelfrey's are puppets to their "advisers" aka, attorneys.

My advice, if you are within 120 days 0f purchase, file a chargeback with your credit card while you can because once they file, you're fucked
I saw on TW someone found a new TM was pending as of Aug 8. Satin is still the only name in the filing fyi.

I have roughly $5,000 dollars tied up with them. I ordered a front bumper with hoops, and put in a pre order for the dual swingout rear, that came to about 3k. Then I ordered sliders for my wifes 4runner and baja designs lights for the front bumper.

Mike had sent me an email saying the front bumper was ready for pick up, unfortunately I'm on deployment until october. I also ordered my suspension through them, got the shocks installed before I left but they have my dakar springs at the shop too.

I hope I can still pick up my front bumper and dakar springs... paid with a capital one CC, filed a dispute, still haven't heard anything.

update, Captial one just refunded me for the sliders and baja designs lights, and half of the rear bumper, so i got about 3k back. hoping i will still be able to pick up my front bumper and springs

Last edited:
I called my CC company (USAA) today and they basically said if the vendor doesn't send the product or issue a refund the CC company will issue the refund after 30 days.

Last edited:
I’m also starting to see some money return. Thanks to the awesome customer service of my bank, not Pelfreybilt. I even have a pending return for the 1K deposit I made way back in February.

Back