• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

!!CLEGHORN T3G MEETUP!!

Anyone using a handheld CB? What models , Brands? Or dont bother with a handheld?
1530234959305.png

i just have a uniden x50 setup with a wireless window antenna, get pretty good reception with it. only use it on trails to didnt need anything major.

i just have a uniden x50 setup with a wireless window antenna, get pretty good reception with it. only use it on trails to didnt need anything major.
Thanks i will check that out.

All of the Arizona guys have moved over to Baofeng handheld HAMs from CBs.

Personally, I tend to use finger and hand signals, vigorous gesturing, and the occasional verbal cues from a rolled down window, more often than not in combination with finger gestures.

Personally, I tend to use finger and hand signals, vigorous gesturing, and the occasional verbal cues from a rolled down window, more often than not in combination with finger gestures.
I don't know if I have low expectations for myself or society, but I consider it a good days commute in SoCal if I don't have to communicate this way.

I still need to take the HAM class and get a license. Been procrastinating.

I have zero interest in doing that personally, the kind they all use doesn't require a license as far as I understand it.
Doesn't matter what type of HAM radio it is. They all require a license to transmit. Even the little hand held Baofengs. You can own it and listen, but not transmit without a FCC license. :/ And considering I don't know anyone who uses one, I keep putting it off.

Doesn't matter what type of HAM radio it is. They all require a license to transmit. Even the little hand held Baofengs. You can own it and listen, but not transmit without a FCC license. :/ And considering I don't know anyone who uses one, I keep putting it off.

We use ours all the time, all certfied.

No one really cares where we are when we go out, the FCC isnt like the FBI, just dont use them in populated areas much haha
ATF, FCC, FBI, FAA, EPA, USFS, USGS, BLM... any other alphabet soup agencies that I need to watch out for when I'm 75 miles from nowhere nowadays? :ROFLMAO:

I'm fucking trading in my tin foil hat status for a tin foil roof liner.

ATF, FCC, FBI, FAA, EPA, USFS, USGS, BLM... any other alphabet soup agencies that I need to watch out for when I'm 75 miles from nowhere nowadays? :ROFLMAO:

I'm fucking trading in my tin foil hat status for a tin foil roof liner.
Kind of my point, having the HAM isnt like some taboo. You won’t have the FCC driving around in a blacked out van trying to find your signal like when dale gribble started his own radio talk show about conspiracies...

Kind of my point, having the HAM isnt like some taboo. You won’t have the FCC driving around in a blacked out van trying to find your signal like when dale gribble started his own radio talk show about conspiracies...
Totally agree that it's not like they are out ADF'ing people to track down and check licenses. I've thought about getting one for listening and emergencies. I've never even seen someone from the FCC, or know someone who's seen someone from the FCC.

Hmm... no one I know is certified and they use them all the time just like long range walkie talkies
notsure.gif
lol
Same here I will have mine with me if anyone else has a beofang also

I work Friday night and get off at 0630. I’ll try to make it.

Well as long as we can make it up by 9 we will be fine. 6-630 swing by Pendleton meet up with Tyler and finish the rest

Well as long as we can make it up by 9 we will be fine. 6-630 swing by Pendleton meet up with Tyler and finish the rest
I hit the Vons about 0600. It will give me time for coffee, and I'm sure it will have me watering the trail all day. Gotta keep the dust down.

Back