• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

0uTkAsT's 3-Pedal Rebel | Build & BS

It wasn't too bad. You'll already have the strut out so that helps. I just pulled the CV axle out of the clamshell and left the other side in the wheel bearing. The biggest PITA with that method was short stroke hammering due to the lack of space. If I did it again I'd pull the whole CV axle out and make more room.

Mine started doing the rumble strip vibration before a big road trip last year. fucking sucked because I didn't have time to fix it before leaving.

giphy.gif

lol

I'm going with custom-length ADS 2.5" resis all around, 14" 700lb coils, Dakar HD springs, Speedway leaf liners, OME CB drop, Headstrong polyurethane bushings and stainless sleeves, latest and greatest forged SPC UCAs with the xAxis bushings and new 80-degree ball joints, SDHQ extended SS brake lines, Wheeler's SuperBumps and U-bolt flip... think that covers it.

Bronze isn't a very precious metal tho :unsure::ROFLMAO:

Dang sounds like a solid setup! I feel like I’m starting to see a lot more ADS setups around.

It wasn't too bad. You'll already have the strut out so that helps. I just pulled the CV axle out of the clamshell and left the other side in the wheel bearing. The biggest PITA with that method was short stroke hammering due to the lack of space. If I did it again I'd pull the whole CV axle out and make more room.

Mine started doing the rumble strip vibration before a big road trip last year. fucking sucked because I didn't have time to fix it before leaving.
My needle bearing went out on the '16 immediately after we lifted it and I just ignored it for 21,000 miles until I traded it in, hahaha. I definitely don't want to deal with that again but at the same time there's a 50/50 chance it won't be a problem... I might just wait to see if this one takes a shit or not, and if it does then just have the ECGS bushing put in with the 5.29s. Because I'm seriously leaning towards re-gearing this truck.
Dang sounds like a solid setup! I feel like I’m starting to see a lot more ADS setups around.
I've heard nothing but good things so I'm pretty stoked about them, especially since I'm getting to basically pick my own lengths and coils and have them made to order for no additional charge through Headstrong. Marie put together a smoking deal on this package.

That would be the best option. If I had known about that issue I would've had it done during my re-gear.

That would be the best option. If I had known about that issue I would've had it done during my re-gear.
Yeah that might be the way to go... even if it doesn't die before the re-gear, I'll still have it done then.

My needle bearing went out on the '16 immediately after we lifted it and I just ignored it for 21,000 miles until I traded it in, hahaha. I definitely don't want to deal with that again but at the same time there's a 50/50 chance it won't be a problem... I might just wait to see if this one takes a shit or not, and if it does then just have the ECGS bushing put in with the 5.29s. Because I'm seriously leaning towards re-gearing this truck.

I've heard nothing but good things so I'm pretty stoked about them, especially since I'm getting to basically pick my own lengths and coils and have them made to order for no additional charge through Headstrong. Marie put together a smoking deal on this package.

Sweet, good to know! I was planning on getting my stuff through down south motorsports, but everyone always talks about Marie’s customer service. I didn’t know they did custom stuff too.

Sweet, good to know! I was planning on getting my stuff through down south motorsports, but everyone always talks about Marie’s customer service. I didn’t know they did custom stuff too.
Yeah unfortunately Marie had some kind of family emergency come up so she won't be back until the 5th or the 9th, but I've been talking to her for about a month now about this suspension, and she literally ran through the pros and cons of every single aftermarket coilover and shock on the market and the general characteristics of each to best match a type to my uses, then narrowed down a brand, and finally come up with a whole package deal to completely satisfy my needs and wants at a very palatable price. And they partnered with ADS to come up with some proprietary modifications to their direct fit assemblies so that is exclusive to them... Basically getting custom length shocks perfectly matched to the rest of the setup at no charge and with short lead times.

I bought my last suspension through her also and it was a great experience but in this case she went so far above and beyond its ridiculous.

Yeah unfortunately Marie had some kind of family emergency come up so she won't be back until the 5th or the 9th, but I've been talking to her for about a month now about this suspension, and she literally ran through the pros and cons of every single aftermarket coilover and shock on the market and the general characteristics of each to best match a type to my uses, then narrowed down a brand, and finally come up with a whole package deal to completely satisfy my needs and wants at a very palatable price. And they partnered with ADS to come up with some proprietary modifications to their direct fit assemblies so that is exclusive to them... Basically getting custom length shocks perfectly matched to the rest of the setup at no charge and with short lead times.

I bought my last suspension through her also and it was a great experience but in this case she went so far above and beyond its ridiculous.

Marie is fantastic. That’s all, just verifying. (y)

Sounds like she just got my business when I'm ready to roll :)

First tires lasted a month... second tires lasted a month... third tires better last a lot more than a month, hahahaha
like worn out in a month or got tired of em in a month, thats just a nuts timeline.

like worn out in a month or got tired of em in a month, thats just a nuts timeline.
No the stock 31s were only on the truck for 3 weeks before I put aftermarket wheels and the 32s on, and the 32s have been on for less than 5 weeks and I've already bought 34s to replace them so... yeah.

TL;DR = 3 sets of tires in 1,750 miles haha

whewwwww I hope you making some back selling em

whewwwww I hope you making some back selling em
Easily. I sold the stock wheels and tires for $800, which almost paid for my current wheels and tires besides installation and sales tax. And I will be able to get at least $440 out of these "new old" tires, which will pay for half of my new ones. So I'm out the sales tax, mount/balance/install fees and a little bit of money per tire, which sucks, but I didn't expect the build to progress this quickly. I thought I was going to be riding on the Smurf shocks for at least 6 months. It's a good problem to have.

No the stock 31s were only on the truck for 3 weeks before I put aftermarket wheels and the 32s on, and the 32s have been on for less than 5 weeks and I've already bought 34s to replace them so... yeah.

TL;DR = 3 sets of tires in 1,750 miles haha
1530312325441.gif

Tires shipped already... Discount Tire does not fuck around!!
WTF? I thought you needed to go slow
I did. And then my financial situation turned around literally overnight. Wife got a new job, I got a significant raise, I got an unexpected bonus, some stuff I had for sale for a long time finally sold, some really old mail-in rebates that I had done like last year finally came back... Just a multitude of things happened all at once. Basically the stars aligned and now I can get the truck largely squared away and start thinking about tackling some of the projects we want to do to the house.

Last edited:
Really? They look inside your air box?
I can put a new air filter in if it has been approved by the state, but I can't put a new performance air intake on because they haven't approved any for the Gen 3 yet. :rolleyes:

Good to see you getting your truck back to what you want!

I put a K&N filter in. Is aFe better?
I don't like K&N at all honestly but it's personal preference. Dry filters are definitely superior to oiled filters, though. Better filtration, less maintenance, no chance of damaging the MAF.
Good to see you getting your truck back to what you want!
Thanks!
What are you doing with the "old new" tires
Selling them, hoping to recoup $450 out of them.
Excited for the weeks to come!
Me too!!! So stoked.

Back