• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Win $200 credit to Expedition Essentials for Tacoma3G.com's 50,000 forum posts milestone!

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Also, these posts per day numbers are sweet. Keep it up, fam. I love this contest.

1600174142603.png

At the bottom of the first post, it says post your photo. Just wasn’t sure what that was lol
I copy/pasted the formatting for the first post from my RotM formatting. I'm dumb and forgot to delete that part.

At least someone reads the first post of the contests!

I copy/pasted the formatting for the first post from my RotM formatting. I'm dumb and forgot to delete that part.

At least someone reads the first post of the contests!

Haha well someone else posted a pic so I’m like wait, should we or not?

Can’t get my post count up with the site down lol

totally kidding. Very brief

C15EF7F7-B296-44AF-9D11-4B6B13DFCCA8.png

Can’t get my post count up with the site down lol

totally kidding. Very brief

C15EF7F7-B296-44AF-9D11-4B6B13DFCCA8.png
You were so quick to catch that. I had to do a small update so I didn't bother waiting until a less busy time, lol.

You were so quick to catch that. I had to do a small update so I didn't bother waiting until a less busy time, lol.

Man, I come back on the page every 30 seconds. Can’t slip things by me!

just kidding, totally can. I only noticed this

So is that 51k messages/post from ppl communicating back in forth including new old threads ? I’m a noob
Yes, the 51k = the total of all posts. Just like the one you just made by asking that question. There are about 51k of those across the whole website.

So is that 51k messages/post from ppl communicating back in forth including new old threads ? I’m a noob

Yessum. Just like Tyler said. Messages are each comment someone leaves. You can see that on the bottom of the home page. It will also tell you your stats. It’s more or less for fun but in this contest, you can win!

If I responded to threads as much as I wish I did over the last 2.5 years, I would probably have like 15k posts on my own account. But I've had many, many days of not posting at all. :(

If I responded to threads as much as I wish I did over the last 2.5 years, I would probably have like 15k posts on my own account. But I've had many, many days of not posting at all. :(

It’s all good, no pressure for the admin to post. It’s cool to see you guys participate in conversation though 👍

Last edited:
Tyler,
Awesome contest. I would not do them perpetually though. Not trying to be a wet blanket on this campfire, but I think a posting contest like this every 3 months or so would probably work. Otherwise it'll settle into the "perpetual 50% off sale" psychology and either people won't post interesting stuff or they'll just fatigue and not bother.

Or resurrect ancient threads for the post count

Ehhhh have mixed feelings about this.

Did I do it- of course.

There’s a reason. A majority of the ones that were old had no replies. So the OP might have gotten discouraged due to lack of replies (if it was a help thread or sale thread) and may not be on the page much anymore due to that. By commenting on it, my hopes were to bring the thread back to life for new members to see and hope that they will get the answers they were looking for. Engagement is what this contest it about, we need more active members on here to grow this thing. Simply helping a brotha out.

And on that note, anyone could have taken the time to do that.

Tyler could make a rule that you can’t go back to a thread any older than like 3 months, but that wouldn’t be much fun.

Tyler,
Awesome contest. I would not do them perpetually though. Not trying to be a wet blanket on this campfire, but I think a posting contest like this every 3 months or so would probably work. Otherwise it'll settle into the "perpetual 50% off sale" psychology and either people won't post interesting stuff or they'll just fatigue and not bother.
@Mr. Nobody and I completely agree with this. Don't want to oversaturate the giveaway stuff. Or exhaust you guys by making you feel obligated to spend more time here to get free stuff. Posting contest probably won't happen often (while RotM is still every month).
Ehhhh have mixed feelings about this.

Did I do it- of course.

There’s a reason. A majority of the ones that were old had no replies. So the OP might have gotten discouraged due to lack of replies (if it was a help thread or sale thread) and may not be on the page much anymore due to that. By commenting on it, my hopes were to bring the thread back to life for new members to see and hope that they will get the answers they were looking for. Engagement is what this contest it about, we need more active members on here to grow this thing. Simply helping a brotha out.

And on that note, anyone could have taken the time to do that.

Tyler could make a rule that you can’t go back to a thread any older than like 3 months, but that wouldn’t be much fun.
I don't mind people posting in old threads. Bringing those threads up to the front page can still help new members learn something they didn't even know they were looking for. I suppose if people were clearly abusing that for the contest, a rule would need to be implemented. But I don't see that happening... yet.

LET’S FIGHT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back