• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Win $200 credit to Expedition Essentials for Tacoma3G.com's 50,000 forum posts milestone!

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m not saying this to be biased or to make it sound like I think I’m the shit. But if T3G had much heavier traffic from TW refugees, I think I would be handle it well and really give those people a much better experience.

But I’m proud of the tight-knit community we have here. You know, without the elitist assholes.

Oh no I get it. There’s some who can’t let go and others who get tired of the bs and want to just talk trucks without being blown up on. That’s where your forum differs.

So you have an Android? I wish iPhones were able to get push notifications like that.
Yup. It's a little overwhelming right now.

So you have an Android? I wish iPhones were able to get push notifications like that.
I think you can use Chrome on iPhones and turn on notifications per website. I know when I was using an Android phone, I could turn on the notifications from the Chrome web browser and it would connect to it phone. I have yet to download Chrome on my iPhone.

I think you can use Chrome on iPhones and turn on notifications per website. I know when I was using an Android phone, I could turn on the notifications from the Chrome web browser and it would connect to it phone. I have yet to download Chrome on my iPhone.
I don’t think you can because Apple themselves don’t allow it for some reason. But I’m gonna download Chrome and try it because it would be so good to have that for T3G.

I don’t think you can because Apple themselves don’t allow it for some reason. But I’m gonna download Chrome and try it because it would be so good to have that for T3G.
Ahh... gotcha. Gosh dang Apple. I’ve been on Android since forever and I only went to the iPhone 11 this past year because Google disappointed me with their latest phone release. It was just subpar for a flagship phone. There are many things I miss on Google, but with the whole fam on iPhone, communication like FaceTime and iMessage was a game changer.
Let me know how Chrome ends up!

Ahh... gotcha. Gosh dang Apple. I’ve been on Android since forever and I only went to the iPhone 11 this past year because Google disappointed me with their latest phone release. It was just subpar for a flagship phone. There are many things I miss on Google, but with the whole fam on iPhone, communication like FaceTime and iMessage was a game changer.
Let me know how Chrome ends up!
I’m not a fanboy by any means; I hate all the dumb stuff these big companies do equally. Apple fanboys are basically a cult as are the PC/Android people.

But between the two, I don’t see how people don’t think the iPhone is better in almost every way, despite some of the flaws.

I’m not a fanboy by any means; I hate all the dumb stuff these big companies do equally. Apple fanboys are basically a cult as are the PC/Android people.

But between the two, I don’t see how people don’t think the iPhone is better in almost every way, despite some of the flaws.

💯

I would agree. I’m wasn’t cultish about Android, I just thought early on Apple was a little behind on innovative features. But, starting a couple years ago, Google quit doing their own thing and started copying what Apple was doing and they did it poorly. I stuck through with Android because I was deeply integrated into the Google ecosystem early on. But since then, Google has improved their iOS support so making the switch was pretty seamless. There are still some things I miss about Android, but I think it’s mostly me doing Android keystrokes to get to that feature and frustrates me when it doesn’t happen on iOS.😅

Looking at the daily post count statistics so far, this contest is working well. I'd absolutely be willing to run these contests more often (with good prizes) if they are going to continue to work this well!

Looking at the daily post count statistics so far, this contest is working well. I'd absolutely be willing to run these contests more often (with good prizes) if they are going to continue to work this well!

That’s a way to get people to chat on here. Once it gets bigger it will continue to grow on itself.

Need alllll the activity on the page!

That’s a way to get people to chat on here. Once it gets bigger it will continue to grow on itself.

Need alllll the activity on the page!
Agreed. A snowball effect will start to happen.

Also, when the new features of T3G 2.0 launch, I think this place will get lit. 🔥

Here come pictures of me eating breakfast on my tailgate every morning for the next 10 days!

Only if the meal looks good. No hot pocket posts allowed!! :ROFLMAO:

I was about 13 when I started it. It was a forum about Pokémon. I’m not too sure how or why it slowly died to be honest.

Also, the post count on that one is kind of cheating because it had a lot of those pointless threads like “rate the avatar above you”, etc.

5A32ECC5-43F2-4DC9-8CE3-00031D504280.jpeg

Here is another one I had, which was literally a forum for people who run forums. Around 2010 I had to give it off to someone else due to a real life situation. I loved this one.

B8D02082-9409-4179-AFF0-44172E93416F.jpeg

I'm going to take a guess that you were @savage_X . He's the only one logged on to both sites.

Ahhhhh... so you admit Apple ain't perfect!! Hahaha. I love my Google Pixel 3, but no phone or OS is perfect. They all have their little flaws.

Rad to see everyone posting like mad. My notification bell up top has been blowing up the last couple of days.

I'm going to take a guess that you were @savage_X . He's the only one logged on to both sites.

Ahhhhh... so you admit Apple ain't perfect!! Hahaha. I love my Google Pixel 3, but no phone or OS is perfect. They all have their little flaws.

Rad to see everyone posting like mad. My notification bell up top has been blowing up the last couple of days.
I was Savage X, yes. It was named after a gas powered R/C truck. I think they still make them.

you haven’t had a breakfast hot pocket have you? Lolol

Ironically, I never managed to afford one. I was ripping around the MT2. I have a cool photo of it from like 2004 but I doubt I’ll be able to locate it.

I worked so many summers for my first nitro rustler. Used to burn through tires on that thing. I remember getting a “big block” kit for it. So sweet. Never had a savage but a few guys I know local have them.

I worked so many summers for my first nitro rustler. Used to burn through tires on that thing. I remember getting a “big block” kit for it. So sweet. Never had a savage but a few guys I know local have them.
Mine always had engine problems or broken axles from bashing too hard.

I wish I could see the photo of it. I thought there was a R/C thread on T3G that I might’ve posted it to but I can’t find it.

Mine always had engine problems or broken axles from bashing too hard.

I wish I could see the photo of it. I thought there was a R/C thread on T3G that I might’ve posted it to but I can’t find it.

Can always start one if there’s not! I’ve got a few laying around and have built a lot of cool ones. I’m sure there’s others on here as well

Axial makes good stuff. There’s a few others that are coming up with some cool stuff. Have built a lot of Axial ones.

It's fun for me. Easy to get up and running right out of the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back