• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Archived Win $200 credit to Expedition Essentials for Tacoma3G.com's 50,000 forum posts milestone!

This thread is now an archive that does not accept new posts. If you wish to add to this discussion, you should create a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tyler

🔟 Mythical
Badministrator
Volunteer T3G Editor
Reaction score
Website
tacoma3g.com
2017 TRD OR DCLB Auto
Quicksand
1599847223707.png

1599847119428.png

Hey guys! We have a pretty cool milestone coming up and if you've been here for a while, you've probably seen that I like to pair contest giveaways with significant milestones when possible. In terms of numbers that we commonly consider significant, 50k is one of those, so I want to give something back to the community in as "big" of a way that I can afford for now.

I've had a small personal relationship with the owners of one of my favorite privately owned vendors, @ExpeditionEssentals. Jeff has helped me in many ways over the years and also sponsored our very first giveaway for the launch of the forum. So, I chose their products for this giveaway, which is not sponsored. It will be paid for by me with some of the donated funds from you guys from over the years.

Let's get into it!
----------

How does it work?
  • This is a "forum posting contest" as we have done in the past. Ideally, this contest will push us through that 50k mark.
  • The two members with the most posts created between the contest dates (below) are the winners.
  • From the 10th to the 20th of this month, all of your posts made on the forum, in accordance with the guidance in the contest rules below, will automatically count toward your total for the contest; you do not need to track your own post count.
  • When the contest ends, I'll review the posts made by the first two top posters to ensure they abide by the guidance below. Should some of their posts be ineligible to count toward the contest, and therefore they move down in post count, the next runner-up will be reviewed, and so on.
Contest Rules
  1. Your posts will count from any section on the forum, including our off-topic and T3G announcement (this one) section.
  2. However, posts need to provide some value to a discussion, which essentially means they shouldn't be one-worded replies. As an example, instead of saying "Welcome!" in a new member's build thread, try something along the lines of "Welcome to T3G! I dig your wheel color on the white truck. What are you looking for in a roof top tent? Would you prefer a hard or soft tent?"
  3. Your join date does not matter, nor does the all-time post count on your account.
What do the winners receive?
----------

Tell your friends! ;)

Last edited:
This is my first eligible post!

This is my second eligible post!

I am winning this contest so far!

I've never seen a contest like this before.... I've been away from this forum and been wanting to jump back in. This is a great motivator. haha! Thanks!

I've never seen a contest like this before.... I've been away from this forum and been wanting to jump back in. This is a great motivator. haha! Thanks!
I'm hoping it works for everyone. It should be easy to participate and get something cool for you guys while passively making the forum better.

The largest forum I ever ran got to about 64k posts before it basically got abandoned by the members. That was around 2007.

I’m sure we’ll break that record soon as well.

The largest forum I ever ran got to about 64k posts before it basically got abandoned by the members. That was around 2007.

I’m sure we’ll break that record soon as well.

Curious what the topic was on that forum? Was is car related, electronics? Fun?

How do people just abandon it!?

Here’s to 50k more! 🍻
100k would be insane.

Also, this is insane to me:

The day the new Bronco was announced, a forum called bronco6g.com (no affiliation lol) had about 3k members and 30k posts. Now look at it:

1599944221399.png

And I think it’s only been a month or so since then. So much Bronco hype!

I would do a tacoma4g.com but I used to own that domain, accidentally let it expire, and someone purposely registered it so I would have to pay them good money for it.

100k would be insane.

Also, this is insane to me:

The day the new Bronco was announced, a forum called bronco6g.com (no affiliation lol) had about 3k members and 30k posts. Now look at it:

1599944221399.png

And I think it’s only been a month or so since then. So much Bronco hype!

I would do a tacoma4g.com but I used to own that domain, accidentally let it expire, and someone purposely registered it so I would have to pay them good money for it.

That is insane. T3G will get there, just has a big competitor that some just won’t leave. People can see through the bs and get tired of it after a while.

Curious what the topic was on that forum? Was is car related, electronics? Fun?

How do people just abandon it!?
I was about 13 when I started it. It was a forum about Pokémon. I’m not too sure how or why it slowly died to be honest.

Also, the post count on that one is kind of cheating because it had a lot of those pointless threads like “rate the avatar above you”, etc.

5A32ECC5-43F2-4DC9-8CE3-00031D504280.jpeg

Here is another one I had, which was literally a forum for people who run forums. Around 2010 I had to give it off to someone else due to a real life situation. I loved this one.

B8D02082-9409-4179-AFF0-44172E93416F.jpeg

That is insane. T3G will get there, just has a big competitor that some just won’t leave. People can see through the bs and get tired of it after a while.
I’m not saying this to be biased or to make it sound like I think I’m the shit. But if T3G had much heavier traffic from TW refugees, I think I would be handle it well and really give those people a much better experience.

But I’m proud of the tight-knit community we have here. You know, without the elitist assholes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back