• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

What are you doing for your steering setup? Is that the tundra rack?
Not yet, that’s the next and final piece to my puzzle. Still researching and deciding between tundra rack, hydro assist, and full hydro racks. They all have their pro’s and con’s, pretty big price differences, all need a lot of fab work, tundra rack probably the cheapest and easiest of the 3 but also probably the weakest and hardest to repair, and I don’t really want to have to replace it ever again, so might just go big with a Howe rack, cry once at the cost, then never really worry about it again.

Diamondback HD, Frontrunner rack, Raptor style lights
A5245AD3-3C24-4204-8325-107E4CCCACBD.jpeg
7C3F4D6C-EFE5-4B57-8F51-9F2842C225C2.png

While the diamondback cover and Victory4x4 blitz front bumper hasn't shipped yet. The SOS fuel tank skid should be here tomorrow.

Also just got off the phone with Kenny at Accutune. Pulled the trigger on this: 05+ Tacoma Mid Travel Suspension Kit, Stage 4A - Fox | AccuTune Off-Road

Need to get some flat bar from Menards or Home Depot to make some traction board mounts.

Explored chickasawhatchee WMA southwest of Albany, GA yesterday. Reasonably maintained roads, even some of the deeper water (up to my headlights for a moment) has a solid rocky bottom...mostly :)

my wife got to drive and learn how to do water crossings! Super fun to get your spouse in on this. And the three kids giggled their hearts out when the mud and water went flying up.
View attachment 31330

Ordered a Victory 4x4 Blitz bumper, half bed rack and stiffeners

Well, I got the lights on the rack and went for a ride. Sweet zombie Zeus are they loud!! Too loud. Once I hit 45MPH it sounds like a tornado touches down on the roof. I'm going to have to either tweak it and see if putting a wind deflector in between them reduces the sound or I'm going to swing them out to the sides and figue out something else for forward facing.

2021-02-22 16.58.19.jpg

Anybody have alignment issues after off-roading? This is the second time it’s happened to me, out at Moab and had the alignment done perfectly before the trip. And now this is how it goes down the highway. Super weird. Everything else is perfectly fine. View attachment 31391
7A0E975D-A51A-4335-8C21-94DCE57FF6E7.jpeg

Anybody have alignment issues after off-roading? This is the second time it’s happened to me, out at Moab and had the alignment done perfectly before the trip. And now this is how it goes down the highway. Super weird. Everything else is perfectly fine. View attachment 31391
you running any cam tab gussets or anything?

Any suggestions on a tonneau cover? something inexpensive and a quality product I know those two words don’t go together often, but I know I won’t be running a bed cover forever.

Any suggestions on a tonneau cover? something inexpensive and a quality product I know those two words don’t go together often, but I know I won’t be running a bed cover forever.

Attachments

• B1CFFF60-02BB-4765-9A00-038ABE39427B.jpeg
    B1CFFF60-02BB-4765-9A00-038ABE39427B.jpeg
    580.6 KB · Views: 67
IMG_2448.jpg
IMG_2453.jpg

Diamondback SE installed. Did this a few days ago. My SOS off road fuel tank skid arrived today finally although from the website I thought it was going to come powder coated. Since it didn't I'm spraying it with POR 15 top coat over the next few days before the install.

What do you guys do with your wheel Wells/fender liners?

This is what mine looks like, I had to cut it for the front bumper and then I was slightly hitting until I added a spacer on my wheeler bumps. Hopefully not hitting anymore. debating taking it off and just painting it. Hope this is not a dumb question but is that white spot on bare metal always there or did I lose something and never noticed? Haha
94AFE31F-A29F-4A8C-AB22-97F0A498C678.jpeg
E6F8476C-7DB5-4546-B7CD-A142560BB14F.jpeg
I have been waiting 5 months for my Bilsteins to come in.

I am not, only thing I have is LCA skids to protect the front of the adjustment there.
Id throw on some Total Chaos cam tabs since your having issues with alignment, I personally run the Marlin Crawler LCA gussets which give even more reinforcement than the chaos ones.

Had a great time camping at the Bruton Branch recreation area near pickwick dam in TN. Took my four year old boy, we had a blast :) cool weather camping, got down to about 39° at 6am...thankful for warm sleeping bags and even warmer camp fires.
0981D81C-4795-452C-8205-E44E78677BEB.jpeg

Id throw on some Total Chaos cam tabs since your having issues with alignment, I personally run the Marlin Crawler LCA gussets which give even more reinforcement than the chaos ones.

Ordered the Marlin kit! My old 94 pickup had all of his stuff, like their products and didn’t realize this was a thing!

Last edited by a moderator:
Ordered the Marlin kit! My old 94 pickup had all of his stuff, like their products and didn’t realize this was a thing!
You may have to clearance your skid plates after you install the Marlin kit, just an FYI

Last edited by a moderator:
I literally just got back from the alignment shop. My toe was off and my steering wheel looked just like yours. This is my first alignment since I bought it a year ago, my truck is not a daily driver, I only drive it off road and have 5,500 miles on it.
6589E7F8-A222-4608-8C64-D95673334293.jpeg

I literally just got back from the alignment shop. My toe was off and my steering wheel looked just like yours. This is my first alignment since I bought it a year ago, my truck is not a daily driver, I only drive it off road and have 5,500 miles on it.
6589E7F8-A222-4608-8C64-D95673334293.jpeg
Hopefully this is my last one for awhile. Just dropped it off again. I have done a few this year. Hopefully I can get to the bottom of it

Dropped the truck off today for wrap, I’ll have it back in 2 weeks :( in the meantime, ordered a solo motorsports tundra rack, it’ll ship out tomorrow, made a trip to Tahoe and back the weekend before last and a few times on steep uphill turns my VSC kicked in and felt like I was sliding on ice, got home and my drivers side of my rack was all covered in goopy grease and my PS fluid was slightly below the min line

Back