• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Getting some rock chips touched up, roof vinyl wrapped, and entire truck ceramic coated.

Attachments

• 20220430_192951.jpg
    20220430_192951.jpg
    259.7 KB · Views: 67
  • 20220430_195644.jpg
    20220430_195644.jpg
    240.6 KB · Views: 61
I ripped off half my stock bumper on a boulder field. I knew it was going to happen one day. 😑 Now I just have to order a high clearance rear bumper, probably CBI, and wait 4-6 months for it to come in.
C9C84255-4FFD-4DFD-BC34-94AA87AED634.jpeg
I joined @Butch 's 'damaged rear bumper' club this weekend in Moab. And yes, it is a great excuse to buy a new HC rear bumper.

Attachments

• Bumper damage.jpg
    Bumper damage.jpg
    229.5 KB · Views: 67
NICE!!!! I thought it wasn’t coming out till may 12th.
It is. There’s a way around that. Leave a festival/garage. Hit pause, go to creative hub and click livery/designs. Chose livery for vehicle you want and get it. You’re welcome

1-8.jpg

It wasn't technically today... but we recently took the LT 2nd Gen out on the trail for a test run!

Running on 37s here. And surprisingly, the drivetrain did quite well. Factory gears too.

Still TONS of work left to do to fully clear these tires. Big plans for the rear as well.

Stay tuned!

Last edited:
1-8.jpg

It wasn't technically today... but we recently took the LT 2nd Gen out on the trail for a test run!

Running on 37s here. And surprisingly, the drivetrain did quite well. Factory gears too.

Still TONS of work left to do to full clear these tires. Big plans for the rear as well.

Stay tuned!
Bad ass truck, nice job.

Just wrapped at ECGS for 4.88 Nitros and ECGS bushing. In at 8am out at 2pm. Painless process. Heading to Uwharrie Nat'l Forest to run 4H on some dirt tomorrow. Back on Monday morning for the 500 service.
I expected this but with the window rolled down you can hear a little gear howl btw 30 and 45mph. It is very faint and can't hear it with window up.

ECGS 4.88!.jpg

1651863923707.png

Got my Pro Matte Black Rims put on. Pics to follow!

I’ve been fighting the rain while trying to upgrade our camper’s fans. Of course, only when I have a big gaping hole in my truck does it decide to rain for 2 straight days with no breaks, lol.

20E57C70-EB41-4174-BDCB-F4ADBCBB44FA.jpeg

41966ACB-B469-4E21-B5B6-33EA0EFEB040.jpeg

A17C11E9-5EB5-412E-A9FF-90AD3E7A4A8A.jpeg
@Tyler, Maxxfan?

Yes. Huge upgrade for us. The camper came with 3-speed Dometic fans which have been one of the shittiest products I’ve ever owned.

These new ones even have automatic climate control, which sounds like it might be super useful.

Guess I'll be swingin by the Dollar Store after work.

Ours is usually wiped out, but maybe today is my day!
I got lucky. This one was practically falling off the peg when I walked down the aisle. It basically jumped out at me and yelled buy me.

Yes. Huge upgrade for us. The camper came with 3-speed Dometic fans which have been one of the shittiest products I’ve ever owned.

These new ones even have automatic climate control, which sounds like it might be super useful.
Yup. I have a Maxxfan in my campervan and I love it. Simple, very reliable.

Guess I'll be swingin by the Dollar Store after work.

Ours is usually wiped out, but maybe today is my day!
I hit every Dollar Tree, Family Dollar, Target and Walmart in my town. It became a scavenger hunt with my wife. No luck. Closest thing I found was an 06 Tundra monster truck for $4.

Back