• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

Got my bumper on and put the shackles and lights on it. (2 different days lol)
E18CB813-FCBD-425A-96B7-851698F6D5AF.jpeg
FCCE81AD-09B2-4743-8C7D-984EEC08457C.jpeg

Hell yes. I'm still at about 70 miles on mine. I have likes and dislikes with it but I'm still waiting on judging it.

Also, went downstairs to a flat tire this morning.

IMG_20190105_110317.jpg

So that was fun. Figured out it was bleeding air from the connection at the bead and the tire. Only thing I can think of that caused it was tiny kiss of the curb yesterday. Honestly though I find it really hard to believe that's what did it, so I have no idea.

Also my spare was filthy. This picture is after I rinsed it off.

IMG_20190105_121156.jpg
Dang, that sucks. It’s happened to me (not on the Tacoma) many times over the years. Annoying.

I think I put about 110 miles on the tune today just for fun.

Hell yes. I'm still at about 70 miles on mine. I have likes and dislikes with it but I'm still waiting on judging it.

Also, went downstairs to a flat tire this morning.

IMG_20190105_110317.jpg

So that was fun. Figured out it was bleeding air from the connection at the bead and the tire. Only thing I can think of that caused it was tiny kiss of the curb yesterday. Honestly though I find it really hard to believe that's what did it, so I have no idea.

Also my spare was filthy. This picture is after I rinsed it off.

IMG_20190105_121156.jpg
You figure out that tire? shops should be able to reseat the tire for you, usually does the trick. Happened when i got new tires and it was a pinch in the valve stem!

You figure out that tire? shops should be able to reseat the tire for you, usually does the trick. Happened when i got new tires and it was a pinch in the valve stem!

I did. Bit of mud worked it's way in between the bead. I have them covered at Discount Tire so it's all done and taken care of.

Didnt do anything exciting with mine today, just changed the air filters!

Ordered a new custom license plate. ?
Ca wanted to charge me 650$, so i registered in FL for 70$ haha. now i just need to get a custom plate in florida.

Ca wanted to charge me 650$, so i registered in FL for 70$ haha. now i just need to get a custom plate in florida.

Can I register my address with you in Florida?!?!?! ??

And today on my Tacoma I heard the words "metal shavings in your diff fluid "

?

Can I register my address with you in Florida?!?!?! ??

And today on my Tacoma I heard the words "metal shavings in your diff fluid "

?
fuck i hope thats not true. if it is though may as well regear lol

Haven’t done but have to do list-
Connect the dual compressor, rock light, swap my Cali raises light to Baja Sports and change the 3 button to caliraised 8 button pods. Install a Pelfrey 3rd skid plate94694A2F-DD3F-45FD-AB63-2B19026107F0.jpeg

fuck i hope thats not true. if it is though may as well regear lol

It was true. Got word that the diff replacement has been approved under warranty. Big sigh of relief, but I'll still be stressed until the truck is back in my hands.

I would love to use it as an opportunity to regear, as I plan to already anyhow, but I was not planning to do it just yet.

It was true. Got word that the diff replacement has been approved under warranty. Big sigh of relief, but I'll still be stressed until the truck is back in my hands.

I would love to use it as an opportunity to regear, as I plan to already anyhow, but I was not planning to do it just yet.
Ya man, well at least theyll replace the rear diff.

After much time without it, finally installed the wind noise strip for my Prinsu.

You notice a difference yet? I put mine on immediately when I installed the rack so I never heard the rack without it. My rack setups are pretty quiet anyhow.

You notice a difference yet? I put mine on immediately when I installed the rack so I never heard the rack without it. My rack setups are pretty quiet anyhow.
Have not driven with it yet, but probably tomorrow morning ill get to see. It wasnt bad and hardly noticable without it so any changes im sure will all be positive

Back