• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What have you done to, or with, your Tacoma today?

I dig that they're no logo and then I also think the lower horizontal edge on the Dobinson if a bit smoother and rounded of. I could be wrong as I've only seen pictures. For all I know they could be made in the same Chinese factory. Haha

I dig that they're no logo and then I also think the lower horizontal edge on the Dobinson if a bit smoother and rounded of. I could be wrong as I've only seen pictures. For all I know they could be made in the same Chinese factory. Haha
I think you are right that it is more rounded. But for 250$ cheaper than an ARB and they look the same with the same features... idk why you wouldn’t go Dobinson

I think you are right that it is more rounded. But for 250$ cheaper than an ARB and they look the same with the same features... idk why you wouldn’t go Dobinson
Especially when you’re kinda just buying some plastic. Can’t really fuck that up.

Completely agree.

My poor tacoma has had nothing done short of a detail and some routine maintenance..

Scratch that, I did install SDHQ's new billet battery terminals. Mucho nice!

My poor tacoma has had nothing done short of a detail and some routine maintenance..

Scratch that, I did install SDHQ's new billet battery terminals. Mucho nice!

Did you have to cut the factory neg cable ring to get that on?

Picked up the truck from the dealer after a full rear differential replacement. Apparently there was water inside along with some metal shavings. The diff was toast and was replaced under warranty. Noise is gone now and it actually appears my mpg may be better. Have to wait a few tanks before I know, but I was losing mpg's before the replacement.

Picked up the truck from the dealer after a full rear differential replacement. Apparently there was water inside along with some metal shavings. The diff was toast and was replaced under warranty. Noise is gone now and it actually appears my mpg may be better. Have to wait a few tanks before I know, but I was losing mpg's before the replacement.
Glad to hear it was an easy process. Hope this one holds up! And better MPG is always better!

Shit! What did I miss? A factory defect of some kind, river crossings or WTF?

Shit! What did I miss? A factory defect of some kind, river crossings or WTF?

Unknown fully I guess. The noise began out of nowhere driving home from our last trip to Mammoth. No River crossings anytime around there, and before any snow was on the ground. We have done River crossings in the past yes, but nothing super deep, not even really above the pumpkin, and nothing anytime recent to the start of the noise.

Started as a humming upon deceleration from 65-45. Took it in, had the howling rear end TSB done, and gradually it got worse to a howling upon deceleration from 70-25 and way louder. Dropped it off last week and they cracked it apart, little bit of metal in there and a decent amount of water.

Installed 3inch lift kit and 285/70 r17s looks like I have plenty of room.

Attachments

• 20190118_174100.jpg
    20190118_174100.jpg
    722 KB · Views: 137
Made a quick disconnect bracket for my Jerry can mount. Using 12” & 8” zinc plates, 1/4-20 bolts and nylocs. 3/8-16 T-slot nut shimmed with washers is what the mount attaches to. I chose to use a knob which you can find at Lowe’s, it’s a 3/8-16 and 1-1/2” in length. So when I want to use my bed air mattress I can have the Jerry can/mount out in the time it takes to loosen the knob. Very happy with how sturdy it is, no movement whatsoever. Cost ~$8 plus hardware which I had. Basic design but sometimes you gotta keep it simple and affordable.
1FB72A51-1C82-484F-9BC1-559F6D3D4EB6.jpeg
2241B38F-2A92-4B94-B429-67C096171A54.jpeg
A46C3D15-BB01-4D24-81EF-5CA33A8B9C4A.jpeg

had an alignment done and now the tires are rubbing on the fender flares. went and measured today and the front had dropped an inch on each side. the rubbing is bad enough to start ripping the driver flare from the body and several of the retaining screws have been popped off. gunna have to get it raised back up and ask for a little more caster in the alignment I think, it was just about at 3.8 after they were done. hopefully that solves the problem, or ill be trying to cut with a Dremel is the cold ass garage. its in the single digits here.

UM+zLJ2aQ5ePlXfp2bcs1w.jpg

LIW9GstBSEmkDNxw5%Cglw.jpg

Sorry double post. Wouldn't load pics ?

When you uploaded the photos to the post, did you then click "insert" to load them into the text box? Also, wherever the cursor is in the text box is where the picture will be placed.

Screenshot_20190126-115355.png

Continued working on my clazzio seat covers and heating seats.

Got the covers on the front and the drivers side switch installed. Still need to install the headrest covers, install the passenger switch and then wire everything up. Anyone got any experience with the last thing there? Need some tips on the best way to wire them up.

Attachments

• IMG_20190127_122306_01.jpg
    IMG_20190127_122306_01.jpg
    574.9 KB · Views: 106
  • IMG_20190127_125440.jpg
    IMG_20190127_125440.jpg
    260.6 KB · Views: 102
Washed all the salt off, took the KBVoodoo rails and ski rack off (next trip isn't until end of February). Maybe my gas mileage will go back up above 18....

Washed all the salt off, took the KBVoodoo rails and ski rack off (next trip isn't until end of February). Maybe my gas mileage will go back up above 18....

come visit. there is no getting rid of the salt here :(

Back