• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

What did you purchase recently?

Always loved the Aussie overland look of the red ARB lights, but they’re $1,400. WHAT. So I ordered some $200 Amazon knock-offs last night and they came already. Build quality seems great too. Gotta drill the holes and mount them.

Primelux 8-inch 14400 Lumens Off Road LED Driving Light - 32x5W Cree Spot Beam for Jeep Wrangler JK TJ Cherokee XJ GMC Ford Raptor - PC Lens Cover - Waterproof IP67 (Red Ring) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K6JJ1R2/?tag=tacoma3g-20

D87957CC-73DD-4C02-9791-0BD7C5EFD4A9.jpeg

I also got a MacBook Pro last week for road life / video editing / forum development. On day 7, I opened the door to my truck and it violently fell out. Oh well, I guess that’s what I get for choosing the rugged life. :cool:

View attachment 24149

I also dig the Aussie look. Think those will look great on your rig!

Always loved the Aussie overland look of the red ARB lights, but they’re $1,400. WHAT. So I ordered some $200 Amazon knock-offs last night and they came already. Build quality seems great too. Gotta drill the holes and mount them.

Primelux 8-inch 14400 Lumens Off Road LED Driving Light - 32x5W Cree Spot Beam for Jeep Wrangler JK TJ Cherokee XJ GMC Ford Raptor - PC Lens Cover - Waterproof IP67 (Red Ring) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01K6JJ1R2/?tag=tacoma3g-20

I also got a MacBook Pro last week for road life / video editing / forum development. On day 7, I opened the door to my truck and it violently fell out. Oh well, I guess that’s what I get for choosing the rugged life. :cool:

View attachment 24149

that’s just character

View attachment 24149
Stick one of those hard cases/covers on the MacBook and you’ll probably never notice the marks.

that’s just character
I agree. I have this crazy idea, but I'm crazy so it makes sense. This is an expensive, powerful, and beautiful looking 2020 MacBook Pro, right? Well, what if I were to let it get as scratched and dented as it wants (not intentionally, and without actually breaking anything)? Would that eventually look kind of unique, artistic, patina-esque? It seems like a fashionable thing to do, especially since no one else would be dumb enough to let that happen.
Stick one of those hard cases/covers on the MacBook and you’ll probably never notice the marks.
See above, lol.

I agree. I have this crazy idea, but I'm crazy so it makes sense. This is an expensive, powerful, and beautiful looking 2020 MacBook Pro, right? Well, what if I were to let it get as scratched and dented as it wants (not intentionally, and without actually breaking anything)? Would that eventually look kind of unique, artistic, patina-esque? It seems like a fashionable thing to do, especially since no one else would be dumb enough to let that happen.

See above, lol.

then spray paint it camo

I knelt before the altar of capitalism and with a few clicks and keystrokes made an offering to the bull gods.

Taco related: the ARB diff breather relocation kit, 2 OME camping chairs :D
Music related: Tascam DR-40x digital audio recorder, interface

Kind of like the “What did you do to your Tacoma today?” thread, but not.

I am planning to shoot an install video of my @DobinsonsUSA leaf springs and Firestone airbags and cradles as my first ever video. I don’t know anything about cameras that aren’t an iPhone, or video editing, but I will learn as I go.

I grabbed the Rode VideoMicro microphone to ensure I have better quality audio when I film. For only $55 and how well reviewed it is, it seemed like a no-brainer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015R0IQGW/?tag=tacoma3g-20

192447CA-6054-4479-89A5-BC8514486DDE.jpeg

So, what have you guys been wasting your money on?
Purchased my first Tacoma today! (White 2020 TRD Off-road) with the manual transmission
Kind of like the “What did you do to your Tacoma today?” thread, but not.

I am planning to shoot an install video of my @DobinsonsUSA leaf springs and Firestone airbags and cradles as my first ever video. I don’t know anything about cameras that aren’t an iPhone, or video editing, but I will learn as I go.

I grabbed the Rode VideoMicro microphone to ensure I have better quality audio when I film. For only $55 and how well reviewed it is, it seemed like a no-brainer.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B015R0IQGW/?tag=tacoma3g-20

192447CA-6054-4479-89A5-BC8514486DDE.jpeg

So, what have you guys been wasting your money on?
Purchased my first Tacoma today! Traded in my 2013 Ford for a 2020 TRD Off-Road with manual transmission

Attachments

• 20200902_135256.jpg
    20200902_135256.jpg
    759.1 KB · Views: 54

Rad. I'm a chain saw nerd so I Iove that kind of stuff.

I ordered a set of ARB skid plates and a Jackery 500

Solid investments in both of those purchases.

Ordered a set of @TOTAL CHAOS LCAs for the truck and Im a little excited

My Dirt King LCAs made a solid difference in the handling. I'd assume similar results from the TC setup. Nice score 👍.

Purchased my first Tacoma today! (White 2020 TRD Off-road) with the manual transmission

Purchased my first Tacoma today! Traded in my 2013 Ford for a 2020 TRD Off-Road with manual transmission

Welcome to the club!!!

well i ended up purchasing a set of konig countersteer type X made by fn wheels. its a 17x8 -10 offset , back spacing is 4.1. The color on the other hand is interesting. Its a dark metallic blue but i cant complain i got them for 860 with a free set of lugs to top it off.
fn konig.jpg

Yes - My set comes in this month - same color - might see you on the road soon David.
What tires you running ?

Last edited:
I ordered Camburg UCAs, Fox 2.5 (front and rears), Nitro 5.29s and an IKamper 2.0. Now just (Im)patiently waiting for it to all arrive.

Last edited:
That bike is sick! Is that for those mountain bike trails with the wood bridges and jumps and such? I don't have much trail riding by here so my bike is for the road. This thing looks bad to the bone @mjstacoma

That bike is sick! Is that for those mountain bike trails with the wood bridges and jumps and such? I don't have much trail riding by here so my bike is for the road. This thing looks bad to the bone @mjstacoma
More or less, Here in florida we dont get too many options in trail systems but yes, it's pretty much an all around mtb

Kashima grade! ... Is that a full floater disc up front?
Nope, ice tech rotors to keep them cool i guess. All i know is they stop me really quick

Oh! Just bought Tony Hawk 1+2. They remade the old game into a modern masterpiece on the unreal tournament engine (like all the other games out right now). It's a blast.

More or less, Here in florida we dont get too many options in trail systems but yes, it's pretty much an all around mtb

yep! I'm in Miami which is flat as a pancake except for mount trashmore. so I stick to the roads. Relocating next year to somewhere with more topography. Hopefully. Assuming no meteors make impact by then

well i ended up purchasing a set of konig countersteer type X made by fn wheels. its a 17x8 -10 offset , back spacing is 4.1. The color on the other hand is interesting. Its a dark metallic blue but i cant complain i got them for 860 with a free set of lugs to top it off.
fn konig.jpg
Nice Wheels. I got a set coming soon 1

Just bought a 10lb power tank. Been wanting one for a bit now and with their 20% discount they’re running this weekend, I just couldn’t stop myself lol. Super pumped to use on projects at the house and of course for airing up the tires

yep! I'm in Miami which is flat as a pancake except for mount trashmore. so I stick to the roads. Relocating next year to somewhere with more topography. Hopefully. Assuming no meteors make impact by then
[/QUOTE]
Im in miami aswell, we have Markham and virgina Key which are pretty solid.

I gotta check those out sometime. It's been so hot and humid lately, I barely wanna ride anything outside right now. I'll try to find those trails on gaia and check them out sometime.

Back