• Welcome to Tacoma3G.com, a free resource for 2016-2023 Toyota Tacoma owners!

This website is the passion-project of a USMC veteran/mechanic, @Tyler. I created Tacoma3G.com to share my knowledge of this subject with others and to provide like-minded folks with a comfortable space to ask questions and create 'build threads' within our Tacoma Forums. Now, if the format of this website is confusing to navigate for you, or if you're interested in my full mission and T3G's history, check out the Help and About pages.

Tyler's #VanLife on 37s Four Wheel Camper Build & Tacoma3G.com Shenanigans

Your build is coming along nicely! Thanks for sharing all the carnage. Rock sliders are for sure my next investment. Looks like yours are unpainted. Any plans to paint them? Any plans for a front bumper? That's some craziness with the accident but glad to see you made the best of it!

Your build is coming along nicely! Thanks for sharing all the carnage. Rock sliders are for sure my next investment. Looks like yours are unpainted. Any plans to paint them? Any plans for a front bumper? That's some craziness with the accident but glad to see you made the best of it!
Thank you.

Unfortunately, my build thread is neglected and a lot of things are missing in here still. I really need to put more effort into maintaining this thread.

The sliders aren’t painted but I recently took them off the truck to finally paint them. I’ve just been very lazy about grinding the surface rust off them so they’ve been sitting in my garage for a while.

My front bumper plan was to run a modified version of the CBI hidden winch mount without an actual front bumper. I did this for a while and I think it looks really cool and the functionality is great. However, I’m going a different route now but that is staying a surprise until it happens. So now I’m running no bumper or winch temporarily.

Thank you.

Unfortunately, my build thread is neglected and a lot of things are missing in here still. I really need to put more effort into maintaining this thread.

The sliders aren’t painted but I recently took them off the truck to finally paint them. I’ve just been very lazy about grinding the surface rust off them so they’ve been sitting in my garage for a while.

My front bumper plan was to run a modified version of the CBI hidden winch mount without an actual front bumper. I did this for a while and I think it looks really cool and the functionality is great. However, I’m going a different route now but that is staying a surprise until it happens. So now I’m running no bumper or winch temporarily.

Logistically it would be tough, but you should try something like this...

https://www.por15.com/POR-15-Rust-Remover

Even with all the work to get it setup right it might still be way easier than grinder all the rust off.

Thank you.

Bumpers are overrated anyway. ;)

Need to update the first post. But for now, a small update here:

7878AE65-C684-458E-871B-EC80241A0BDC.jpeg
D026792D-AA01-4EE0-B6CC-C6F2D4CE3E9C.jpeg
447CA2F2-F44B-4411-81E7-D05B6CDCEDE3.jpeg

Took off the rear bumper tonight in preparation for my @Relentless Fabrication HC rear coming soon. Will finish by cutting the bed tomorrow.

Then, about 10 minutes ago, I went full YOLO and ordered five KM3 35s while my unknowing wife is asleep in bed next to me. But I got a 7% military discount and $70 rebate so she shouldn’t be that made, right? Should have the tires installed this weekend.

Hmmm... looking at that post, I think it’s also time to take the bed sticker off.

Idk if you saw, but it was just to clear my UCAs until my wheel spacers come in tomorrow. Then I’ll put it back to zero.

Yeah. That had to be something to drive home like that though

How the hell did you fit 35s with that setup. I want to do the same thing with my DCSB with Icon Stage 4 with tubular UCA Delta Joint and OME Leaf Pack EL095R.
You need aftermarket UCAs and cutting, especially the CMC.

Ah I love it all man. All the cutting and grinding and chopping! I can’t wait to start on mine. ...gonna let the first year go by tho.....?

Truck looks awesome, when do you expect to get your bumpers delivered? Can't wait to see it all put together.

@Relentless Fabrication high clearance front and rear bumper install, day one. Will continue tomorrow. Some notes:

-Shipping crate was well put together. I did manage to stab my hand with a nail when disposing of it cause that’s the careless shit I do.

-They’re heavy but a Harbor Freight table jack makes it possible to work alone or with one other person.

-I think my bed might be bent cause it is hard to get all four corners of the rear bumper exact.

-Relentless said the folding table often touches the tailgate but mine has plenty of room.

-The tire carrier does NOT fit my 315/75r16 on the stock steelie which is an extra bummer because I just sent extra wheel spacers back to Amazon yesterday.

-The build quality, design, and powder coating are superb. These bumpers are art.

73BB08A1-D5BF-454B-9205-E8D2FC7472E2.jpeg
22A1E6DE-0590-41D9-AC5A-2E2B3F4D78B2.jpeg
97A6A69B-0FDC-4C0A-B628-CB0946740942.jpeg
B83DD174-1109-4A87-9453-3B860E526EA2.jpeg
0E3C3F39-CC69-4F6A-8B23-B4DF809001ED.jpeg
262458E1-76F9-43B2-B05C-8AC1A899E7DA.jpeg

DE5EF912-1392-4DE8-8A0F-F905A5BFAD86.jpeg

Damn he’s got the color I originally tried to get, with the bumpers I originally tried to get, if it was a shortbed manual ooooo i’d be obsessed

Back